Bills hosted RB Latavious Murray

NewEra

Tay played for Onondaga Central High School and went to UCF for college. He wanted to sign with the Bills last year but Duke Johnson happened. He’s trying to establish some things in the Syracuse community and Buffalo would be a good fit to return to his home area before retirement. He also got along with Russell Wilson, so he’s a good team-first guy. 

• Like (+1) 3

Just now, WotAGuy said:

Tay played for Onondaga Central High School and went to UCF for college. He wanted to sign with the Bills last year but Duke Johnson happened. He’s trying to establish some things in the Syracuse community and Buffalo would be a good fit to return to his home area before retirement. He also got along with Russell Wilson, so he’s a good team-first guy. 

you were doing amazing until the last line😆

Murray >>>> Duke Johnson

Sign the man! 

18 minutes ago, Chicken Boo said:

You may be right, but he's got more tread left than the typical 33 year old, being a backup type guy most of his career.  

I saw Murray a few times last year with the Broncos.  He looked fresh.

Definitely has more tread than average. Could be a boon down the stretch if Harris goes down. 

• Like (+1) 1

2 hours ago, Warriorspikes51 said:

I hope this is all signaling Dorsey wanting to be very unpredictable. If we can be versatile on offense with many different looks and personel…. that would be ideal.

Might also indicate Dorsey having a desire to shift to 12 personnel and more focus on the run. IIRC, he played with Shockey, Winslow II, Gore, Portis, McGahee, Roscoe Parish, and Andre Johnson. I wouldn’t be surprised to see any of those type of players added to the roster. 

• Like (+1) 1

Believe it or not, Latavius Murray ran a 4.38 40 at his pro day.  He had some wheels for a big guy.  The odds are he's lost some of that speed over his career, but he's got some wheels and some power.  He has 5600 career yards so there's every reason to believe he could do more than Taiwan Jones was ever asked to do on offense. 

• Thank you (+1) 1

3 hours ago, Warriorspikes51 said:

I hope this is all signaling Dorsey wanting to be very unpredictable. If we can be versatile on offense with many different looks and personel…. that would be ideal.

No.  My guess is they just need a veteran replacement for Duke Johnson to ride the practice squad until there's an injury.  We've been pretty lucky with the lack of RB injuries now that I think of it.  We'll find out if Murray is willing to accept that role at this stage in his career.

• Like (+1) 1

8 hours ago, BillsFanForever19 said:

I mean, we do need someone for that Matt Breida/TJ Yeldon break glass in case of emergency role.

McDermott has only ever dressed 3 RB's on Game Day, 1 of which was a Special Teamer. James Cook, Damien Harris, and Nyheim Hines will all dress (and Hines will provide more on offense than Taiwan Jones and Senorise Perry offered).

So we do need a 4th guy on the roster who won't dress unless there's an injury. That said, I expected and prefer a 5th or 6th Rounder instead. Someone you could strike Gold on.

They bring 90 to camp.   Signing him would be signing a productive, physical, veteran player.   They could still draft a guy in the mid-later rounds.   Beane and McDermott are all about competition.

10 minutes ago, purple haze said:

They bring 90 to camp.   Signing him would be signing a productive, physical, veteran player.   They could still draft a guy in the mid-later rounds.   Beane and McDermott are all about competition.

That's true. And Murray could always fill that Duke Johnson Practice Squad vet RB role and I think he'd be a good fit there.

• Agree 1

5 hours ago, John from Riverside said:

You shop at the flea market when you have a flea market budget

You draft poorly you have to find roll players in the bargain basement because of the tight budget. That’s what this team is all about. 

Edited by BananaB
  • Vomit 1
  • Eyeroll 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

1 hour ago, C.Biscuit97 said:

I mean if they sign him, that’s probably what they are agreeing too. Murray doesn’t really make sense on this team besides as an insurance policy.

exactly, which is why I asked why they would ever agree to this.  Makes no sense.

15 hours ago, Allen2Diggs said:

I feel like this is just part of some Beane smokescreen to make it seem like we're still interested in adding a rb and might draft Bijan Robinson.

He keeps saying that Edmunds' replacement is on the roster and we haven't signed anyone new at LB, so that screams that we'll take a linebacker in the 1st or 2nd.

Please share a link confirming Beane actually said " Edmunds replacement is on the roster ". I DID read that Dodson,Bernard and Spector, maybe even Matakevich,  would COMPETE for the job. But that doesnt mean Beane won't sign or draft a LB. Ridiculous to think he would limit his draft options by believing that. Perhaps a smoke screen to fool the gullible?

56 minutes ago, Herb Nightly said:

Please share a link confirming Beane actually said " Edmunds replacement is on the roster ". I DID read that Dodson,Bernard and Spector, maybe even Matakevich,  would COMPETE for the job. But that doesnt mean Beane won't sign or draft a LB. Ridiculous to think he would limit his draft options by believing that. Perhaps a smoke screen to fool the gullible?

On replacing Tremaine Edmunds: "Sometimes your answer is on your roster."

https://buffalonews.com/sports/bills/bills-gm-brandon-beane-on-free-agency-replacing-edmunds-obj-and-more/article_d9be1eac-c43e-11ed-906a-f74f0e2c9955.html

6 minutes ago, JohnBonhamRocks said:

And this ain't one of them? 🤔

• Like (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, JohnBonhamRocks said:

Hopefully he means on our roster after the addition we make on April 27th or 28th because there's not a name on our roster that inspires confidence at MLB right now.

16 hours ago, Fan in Chicago said:

What is it with this new RB obsession?

Why can't McBeane get so unhealthilly interested in OLinemen?

Perhaps so they don't need to waste a draft pick on one?  Vet minimum contract for him would likely qualify at a lower cap hit under the NFL's salary cap agreement as a vested vet. 

Didn't Beane sign like 5 or 6 OL UFA's last year? Did you simply forget about that or were you missing last offseason?

I didn't realize how well he played last year, as a 32 year old running back--in 12 games rushing for 703 yards!, with 6 touchdowns, 4.4 yards per carry, and 26 receptions too.  Those are very good stats for any back, let alone one in his early 30s.

And throw in the fact that he was behind center with one of the worst starting quarterbacks in the NFL, Russel Wilson, and it is more impressive.

This is the kind of inexpensive veteran I want on this team.

Edited by Mister Defense
  • Like (+1) 5

20 minutes ago, The Jokeman said:

Is his wife? Asking for a friend.

Bev_Bighead.gif

I cannot speak for Mrs. Draconator's appearance.  Draconator's look, however, has been plastered on these hallowed pages many times.  Guitar twanging and swimming with the dolphins, for two such examples.

😁

• Like (+1) 1

31 minutes ago, Ridgewaycynic2013 said:

I cannot speak for Mrs. Draconator's appearance.  Draconator's look, however, has been plastered on these hallowed pages many times.  Guitar twanging and swimming with the dolphins, for two such examples.

😁

Ah but you see I posted a picture of Mrs Bighead, hence my question. 

Imagine 4 NFL quality rb's on this team, only to not run the ball this year. Sign me up!

If Murray wants to come here for veteran minimum than come join the party i guess. But he's not going to give us much of anything we dont already have. For a team that doesnt even run much, getting Murray wont move that needle at all. Would it hurt? No not really. Could it help? Sure. Remains to be seen if we can run the ball at all... or if we'll even try.

PS: i dont mean this to sound negative, just one of those days lol

Edited by brianthomas

8 minutes ago, brianthomas said:

Imagine 4 NFL quality rb's on this team, only to not run the ball this year. Sign me up!

If Murray wants to come here for veteran minimum than come join the party i guess. But he's not going to give us much of anything we dont already have. For a team that doesnt even run much, getting Murray wont move that needle at all. Would it hurt? No not really. Could it help? Sure. Remains to be seen if we can run the ball at all... or if we'll even try.

PS: i dont mean this to sound negative, just one of those days lol

If Dorsey can actually be creative:

2 Back Sets:   Cook & Hines -  Speed. Screens. Motion. Slot. 
                        Harris & Murray - Power. Short Yardage. Pass Block. Goal line. 

Then mix & match so the defense is kept off balance 

Edited by Warriorspikes51
  • Like (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.