Bills free agency tracker - NFL free agency began 3/15 - post all NFL updates here

chongli

2 minutes ago, H2o said:

Who, at #27, would be better? Most likely all of Johnston, JSN, Flowers, Addison, and possibly Hyatt are all gone. I'd take Jeudy over Addison, Hyatt, and Downs anyway tbh. He'd still have two years to prove if he's worth that 2nd contract, could be the 1B to Stef, and would be a guy who could open things up. I have no doubt that he would produce in this offense and he'll only be 24 at the beginning of the season. 

I came here to initially disagree with this take but then I looked at some of the recent WR trades that were for 1s and Jeudy actually lines up right in that range TBH.  Maybe its more like the Hollywood Brown trade where we do a swap of picks but I could see this being a better way to find that future #1 than some of the guys in this draft.

I'd be ok with this. More than ok with it actually.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, BrooklynBills said:

I came here to initially disagree with this take but then I looked at some of the recent WR trades that were for 1s and Jeudy actually lines up right in that range TBH.  Maybe its more like the Hollywood Brown trade where we do a swap of picks but I could see this being a better way to find that future #1 than some of the guys in this draft.

I'd be ok with this. More than ok with it actually.

I was more thinking a 2nd and 4th and saving that 1st for a Tackle

Just now, Buffalo03 said:

I mean maybe Brissett but I don't think any of those guys are much better at this point

Did you look at the list? Outside of Minschew and maybe Brissett, it's atrocious 

Yes...https://www.spotrac.com/nfl/free-agents/quarterback/?ref=trending-pages

From this list, only one I'd "possibly" consider taking Ryan over is Flacco. And that's a toss up. Basically any of the other names that can at least be somewhat mobile I'd feel much better than Ryan

7 minutes ago, Buffalo03 said:

I mean maybe Brissett but I don't think any of those guys are much better at this point

Did you look at the list? Outside of Minschew and maybe Brissett, it's atrocious 

They’re all fine options, including minshew.  I’d prefer a QB that has a greater ability to run for first downs but if Minshew was our backup, I’d be very happy. 

6 minutes ago, MrEpsYtown said:

So with the Al Shaiir signing and this one, options left are pretty much: Lavonte David, Bobby Wagner, Drue Tranquill, Cole Holcomb, Denzel Perryman, Rashaan Evans, Anthony Walker Jr., Devin Bush.

I’d be content with one of the first 4. Perryman and Evans aren’t really what they have looked for in the past, maybe that’s a good thing. 

Devin Bush and Cole Holcomb are very interesting to me for longer term LBers

• Like (+1) 2

3 minutes ago, appoo said:

I was more thinking a 2nd and 4th and saving that 1st for a Tackle

Sure but I think the Brown trade is probably the fair value.

Bills get Jeudy and 68th pick; Broncos get 27th pick

And you could still sign a mid tier WR like Hardman actually.

Broncos don't have a 1st or 2nd so I think they are pretty motivated to move up.

Edited by BrooklynBills
  • Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 1

1 minute ago, Goin Breakdown said:

We've been saying this for a couple years now. I think the keys are the team right now. Miami will be tough but the jets are strong everywhere. 

Still have questions about the Jets OLine

• Like (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, BrooklynBills said:

Sure but I think the Brown trade is probably the fair value.

Bills get Jeudy and 68th pick; Broncos get 27th pick

And you could still sign a mid tier WR like Hardman actually.

Broncos don't have a 1st or 2nd so I think they are pretty motivated to move up.

This is would perfect 

6 minutes ago, NewEra said:

They’re all fine options, including minshew.  I’d prefer a QB that has a greater ability to run for first downs but if Minshew was our backup, I’d be very happy. 

Not a bad backup but I liked him better before last year. He kinda sucked for the Eagles last year (2 of their 3 losses, very misleading stats). But I guess there’s not many better options. Plus, he’s a cool guy to hang with.

1 minute ago, C.Biscuit97 said:

Not a bad backup but I liked him better before last year. He kinda sucked for the Eagles last year (2 of their 3 losses, very misleading stats). But I guess there’s not many better options. Plus, he’s a cool guy to hang with.

Yeah.  I’d rather have Brissett, Trubisky, Huntley, Minshew (in that order) over Keenum and Barkley. Any of the. Are upgrades.  Or lil bakes.  

• Agree 1

25 minutes ago, NewEra said:

-not saying you’re going to do that…. But we know the sadness brigade is just waiting to release the Karen. 

Release the Karen may be the best typo ever! 🤣🤣🤣

As a former retail manager, releasing the Karen is never advised!!!

• Haha (+1) 3

17 minutes ago, MrEpsYtown said:

So with the Al Shaiir signing and this one, options left are pretty much: Lavonte David, Bobby Wagner, Drue Tranquill, Cole Holcomb, Denzel Perryman, Rashaan Evans, Anthony Walker Jr., Devin Bush. (Tranquill is a former safety).

I’d be content with one of the first 4. Perryman and Evans aren’t really what they have looked for in the past, maybe that’s a good thing. 

Tranquil is a guy I think would fit into this defense. I watched him continually get better at Notre Dame over his time there, fighting through a couple serious injuries. Last year he finally came into his own with the Chargers. Super talented. Started out as a Safety at ND, then added some weight and switched to LB. The only thing that scares me is how he would hold up. If he stayed healthy though? He'd be a player the coaches and the fans would love. 

• Thank you (+1) 1

1 minute ago, RocCityRoller said:

Release the Karen may be the best typo ever! 🤣🤣🤣

As a former retail manager, releasing the Karen is never advised!!!

Not a type 😃 was hoping for a Kraken-like Karen gif but couldn’t find one.  So decided to mix it up

• Haha (+1) 1

32 minutes ago, appoo said:

Bottom line  (My philosophy of course)

Diggs + Davis + high end Slot > Diggs + High End X + average Slot

No way I want to go into next season with Davis as our #2. We put faith in him last year and he was a huge disappointment, you can’t make the same mistake twice when trying to get over a hump. Sadly it’s seems we been doing that on defense over and over again, our O is our strength and you can’t make that mistake there

• Like (+1) 1

41 minutes ago, ScottLaw said:

See above. 

The problem with this is it's the same as last season.

Right now, we have Diggs, Davis, Shakir, and McKenzie. So we already have 2 outside WR's and 2 slots. The last thing we need to do is add another slot.

We need another X. We can't have just Diggs, Davis, and a bunch of slots. If either Diggs or Davis gets banged up, as happened with Davis last season, we're putting out a Jake Kumerow level WR.

5 hours ago, JohnBonhamRocks said:

All aboard the Renfrow train! Insane separator and route runner. Would give JA17 a Beasley-ish safety blanket back.

Also, MIA is imho having a good start to their offseason. When Mike White isn't physically broken in half from Milano, he is a solid accurate QB. The RBs they re-signed are both solid as well. Their defense is much improved. They will again be a tough team to beat.

The other thing I've noticed with Renfro is that he has very good hands...I recall him reeling in some badly off-target throws from the overrated Carr, caught some balls literally inches off the ground or behind him.

If you could get him on the cheap then that would be a great asset for Josh.

Edited by SydneyBillsFan
  • Like (+1) 4

2 hours ago, appoo said:

And without a better slot, teams can still put more resources on both him and Diggs. 

The Bills need a deadly weapon out of the slot, because it means the Bills can exploit any defense that tries to erase the perimeter and post areas, and when the Bills OLine gets overwhelmed Allen/Dorsey has a ready made answer. That simply wasn't available to Dorsey this past season, and the Bengals REALLY exploited it. 

You get someone like Jeudy - someone who's got elite RR, quickness and after the catch ability - and the Bengals aren't nearly as effective in the pas rush or the run D, because they need to pay more attention to that U10 yard zone, which keeps not just the Linebackers home, but can also mean changing how teams rush their DEs

I was talking about Hopkins not Renfrow when I posted about not being injury prone

Funny, we kept hearing for a while around here was that Vander Esche was so much better than Edmunds.

Vander Esche signed for 2 years, $11M to stay with Dallas as no market at all developed for him. 

Edmunds signed early day 1 for 4 years, $72M.

Seems the NFL GMs value them quite differently than TSW pundits.  

• Like (+1) 2
  • Eyeroll 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Alphadawg7 said:

Funny, we kept hearing for a while around here was that Vander Esche was so much better than Edmunds.

Vander Esche signed for 2 years, $11M to stay with Dallas as no market at all developed for him. 

That’s why those guys get fired and we never do. Except maybe Hossage and Scooby. 

1 minute ago, Alphadawg7 said:

Vander Esche wears a neck pad like a 90’s LB. Bills fans like that.

• Haha (+1) 2

2 minutes ago, Alphadawg7 said:

Well, we know one NFL GM valued Edmunds quite differently. 

2 hours ago, H2o said:

Who, at #27, would be better? Most likely all of Johnston, JSN, Flowers, Addison, and possibly Hyatt are all gone. I'd take Jeudy over Addison, Hyatt, and Downs anyway tbh. He'd still have two years to prove if he's worth that 2nd contract, could be the 1B to Stef, and would be a guy who could open things up. I have no doubt that he would produce in this offense and he'll only be 24 at the beginning of the season. 

He, like so many of his alumni, was a can’t miss prospect who has…….missed.  Your false choice comparing him to subjective projections of first round receivers is silly at best.  The Bills aren’t allowed to select another position?  Have we gotten any good players at 27 in the past few years? 

Gilmore just went for a 5th today.  Waller went for a third.  But we should toss Denver our first for a guy that has done nothing?  I’m fine with a 4th or something if we’re willing to take a flyer on him turning around his overhyped, underproducing career.  

• Agree 1

7 minutes ago, Alphadawg7 said:

You have to really do the forensics on this.  The main underlying reason for the Vander Doodle contract amount is that he sucks.

• Like (+1) 1

10 minutes ago, Alphadawg7 said:

Nfl GMs are frequently incorrect so we should take a wait and see approach on this one lol both players are likely the same amount of overrated with regards to their actual skill level though 

Edited by Generic_Bills_Fan

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.