QB Carr to visit the Jets (Update: signed with the Saints)

BillsFan619

I think Douglas would like to sign Carr or Mayfield because they are much better QBs than Wilson, and he would not have to give up any players or draft capital. On the other hand, I think Johnson thinks Arron Rogers is the Jets missing link to go deep into the playoffs next season. 

Carr to Jets would not be ideal.  Major upgrade at QB without having to pay $50M to Rodgers and give up 2 first round picks.  Carr I think helps them as a team a lot more than Rodgers does when you look at it past one year.  

Carr is going to be a bargain for someone being no draft picks are going to be surrendered to get him and his price tag will be palatable.  And the last place I want to see him is on a team with a lock down defense and a lot of young talented offensive weapons.  Carr will not have to be great for that team to be very dangerous.  If he can just be solid, then Jets are going to be a real problem.  

58 minutes ago, Alphadawg7 said:

Carr to Jets would not be ideal.  Major upgrade at QB without having to pay $50M to Rodgers and give up 2 first round picks.  Carr I think helps them as a team a lot more than Rodgers does when you look at it past one year.  

Carr is going to be a bargain for someone being no draft picks are going to be surrendered to get him and his price tag will be palatable.  And the last place I want to see him is on a team with a lock down defense and a lot of young talented offensive weapons.  Carr will not have to be great for that team to be very dangerous.  If he can just be solid, then Jets are going to be a real problem.  

Jets with Rodgers have a small Super Bowl window.. but it’s there.  

Jets with Derek Carr and all their picks, playoff team. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

3 hours ago, Gunsgoodtime said:

Beat us with Zach Wilson last year.  I think the Bills get a real reality check this year to what poor drafting and fa signings lead to.

In my opinion, Josh Allen would beat Carr, no matter the other aspects of the teams, 90+% of the time.  Josh is a leader of men, with a great arm, accuracy, and  the ability to win no matter the obstacles.

Carr has none of those qualities. 

Bring him on.

• Like (+1) 1

2 hours ago, SCBills said:

Jets with Rodgers have a small Super Bowl window.. but it’s there.  

Jets with Derek Carr and all their picks, playoff team. 

A lot worse QBs have won SBs with talented defenses and an array of weapons on offense.  Jets are a legit SB contender with anyone as good as Carr or better.  Obviously Rodgers gives them even better chance, by Carr would give them a longer term solution 

Edited by Alphadawg7
  • Like (+1) 1

If Joe Flacco, Trent Dilfer, Brad Johnson, and Jeff Hostetler can win SB's, then Carr could as well in the right situation. The Jets have a really good team, they're just missing solid QB play. The defense is nasty (like the Ravens and the Bucs were) and the offense is not short on weapons. Add Carr, fix the OL, and when Breece Hall gets back they make some noise in the AFC. I don't know if I would call them SB contenders, but get in the Playoffs and anything can happen. 

• Like (+1) 1

11 hours ago, BuffaloBillsGospel2014 said:

I remember when they said Russell Wilson to Broncos, should give KC a run for their money, also Chargers stacked, Oakland stacked, how did that all work out?

I think a strong AFCE would help the Bills. It may be more challenging to win the division, but if they did then they would certainly be ready for tough playoff games. KC is a good example.

Edited by vincec
  • Like (+1) 1

18 minutes ago, vincec said:

I think a strong AFCE would help the Bills. It may be more challenging to win the division, but if they did then they would certainly be ready for tough playoff games. KC is a good example.

I am pretty sure the bills will have plenty of challenges with one of the hardest schedules in the NFL this coming year. Adding a solid quarterback to an  already stacked New York team is certainly not anything we need to add to their troubles.

14 hours ago, Mister Defense said:

In my opinion, Josh Allen would beat Carr, no matter the other aspects of the teams, 90+% of the time.  Josh is a leader of men, with a great arm, accuracy, and  the ability to win no matter the obstacles.

Carr has none of those qualities. 

Bring him on.

Football is a team sport.  The Bills with Josh were 1-1 (50%) against the replacement level QB led Jets last season.

16 hours ago, gjv said:

I think Douglas would like to sign Carr or Mayfield because they are much better QBs than Wilson, and he would not have to give up any players or draft capital. On the other hand, I think Johnson thinks Arron Rogers is the Jets missing link to go deep into the playoffs next season. 

Woody Johnson is a Ralph Wilson type in that he meddles into things way too much. Let the football guys do football stuff and just pay them.

2 hours ago, Airseven said:

A still capable vet like Carr is perfect for the Jets. They’d be a really fun (dangerous) team.

If Carr is a capable vet, the Raiders wouldn't have cut ties with him.  He had Adams and Jacobs last season along with a coach who won Super Bowls as an OC and missed the playoffs.

He's not doing better with Nate Hackett as his OC.  Nate Hackett who bombed with Russell Wilson (a way better QB than Carr) as his QB.

The Jets did nothing with the 3rd overall pick as their QB.  They did nothing with the 2nd overall pick as their QB.  And they're not going to fix their ineptitude with Nate Hackett and a journeyman QB.  

At best, Hackett/Carr is a rehash of Gase/Flacco.  

5 minutes ago, Gregg said:

NFL on ESPN on Twitter: "Derek Carr's visit with the Jets on Monday went 'really well' 👀🗽 "[The Jets] made it super personal too, they said 'We believe if you come to New York and win, you could be a first ballot Hall of Famer.'" — @diannaESPN https://t.co/eyBpLR8HRB" / Twitter

If Carr believes that he deserves to die in New Jersey like most recent QBs have. 

• Haha (+1) 4

10 minutes ago, Gregg said:

NFL on ESPN on Twitter: "Derek Carr's visit with the Jets on Monday went 'really well' 👀🗽 "[The Jets] made it super personal too, they said 'We believe if you come to New York and win, you could be a first ballot Hall of Famer.'" — @diannaESPN https://t.co/eyBpLR8HRB" / Twitter

Happy Very Funny GIF by Disney ZootopiaDerek Carr in that meeting

• Haha (+1) 5

16 minutes ago, Gregg said:

Lolololol

2 hours ago, Gregg said:

They could have kept a smidge of realism in there too though.

• Haha (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

On 2/18/2023 at 11:40 AM, Perry Turtle said:

If Carr is a capable vet, the Raiders wouldn't have cut ties with him.  He had Adams and Jacobs last season along with a coach who won Super Bowls as an OC and missed the playoffs.

He's not doing better with Nate Hackett as his OC.  Nate Hackett who bombed with Russell Wilson (a way better QB than Carr) as his QB.

The Jets did nothing with the 3rd overall pick as their QB.  They did nothing with the 2nd overall pick as their QB.  And they're not going to fix their ineptitude with Nate Hackett and a journeyman QB.  

At best, Hackett/Carr is a rehash of Gase/Flacco.  

I don’t think non-Jets fans realize how awful their QB play has been. The progress from awful to mediocre is probably even greater than that from mediocre to elite. Think Bills 1997 (Todd Collins/Alex Van Pelt) to 1998 (Flutie/Rob Johnson). 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

2 hours ago, Gregg said:

Most of the rest of the thinking world was incredulous at that statement:
image.thumb.jpeg.bdf0b2b82274d4dca8afe5ca7590b2db.jpeg

• Like (+1) 1

Paul Andrew Esden Jr on Twitter: ".@diannaESPN spilled some tea on @GetUpESPN: - Kind of contract Derek Carr is looking for is "35M+ per year" - "Doesn't need to be the first QB to sign" a deal this offseason - "He does like New York" but will depend on how things shake out "over the next few weeks" #Jets https://t.co/XweXmElnP4" / Twitter

Dov Kleiman on Twitter: "The market for free-agent QB Derek Carr is heating up. Sources say that 3 other teams recently "called and connected" with Carr in addition to the #Jets and #Saints, according to @JFowlerESPN https://t.co/2cLitEIS9X https://t.co/kLKH7DOdgY" / Twitter

13 minutes ago, Gregg said:

Paul Andrew Esden Jr on Twitter: ".@diannaESPN spilled some tea on @GetUpESPN: - Kind of contract Derek Carr is looking for is "35M+ per year" - "Doesn't need to be the first QB to sign" a deal this offseason - "He does like New York" but will depend on how things shake out "over the next few weeks" #Jets https://t.co/XweXmElnP4" / Twitter

Dov Kleiman on Twitter: "The market for free-agent QB Derek Carr is heating up. Sources say that 3 other teams recently "called and connected" with Carr in addition to the #Jets and #Saints, according to @JFowlerESPN https://t.co/2cLitEIS9X https://t.co/kLKH7DOdgY" / Twitter

Who are the other teams?

Jets 

Saints

Panthers?

Houston?

Rams?

Bucs?

Titans?

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.