JoPo's message to Bills Mafia

Toomstone.Part.Duex

5 hours ago, Big Turk said:

Sounds like he already knows this is his last season here...

It's genius to be honest. He's putting the pressure on the org through the fans. 

We really don't know what will end up happening, he doesn't know..

But to put out that emotional pull and get the fans riled up is awesome on his part. 

2 hours ago, papazoid said:

he's a class act

she's a trouble maker and a selfish distraction at the wrong time

i'm guessing he will still be a bill next season....i see others as a cap casualty before poyer

Poyer is not a cap casualty, he is a FA.  I would have to prioritize Edmunds over Poyer if I had to choose.  The Bills have some manipulation they can do but there will be some more holes too, Dequan Jones is up, Saffold is up and there are others.  Going to have to draft/develop some replacements.   The BIlls have been over spending the cap for a few years and they probably will again which is fun but they are at the point where you ahve to make tough decisions on guys you want to keep

• Like (+1) 2

3 hours ago, Bleeding Bills Blue said:

I know an active 3T is super important to pass rushing in our defense, but the defense thrives with edmunds taking away space in the middle and he seems to just be coming into his own.  Oliver extension makes sense to lower that cap hit.  

I agree this will be a very difficult decision for McB. They've got 3 important players and realistically can only sign 1 or maybe 2 with some discount?

1 hour ago, PrimeTime101 said:

Shame on him for creating a distraction just before a playoff game. Seriously... the dude could not just wait to thank everyone AFTER we win the SB? :D seriously though. Wait till its done for all this... STUPID..  this video reeks of drama "look at me look at me". JP I will always respect what you have done for the team and for Buffalo BUT... this could of waited till after the fact...

Come On Man.

I think you missed the point that this is possibly his last home game.  Even if we win the game, if KC also wins, this is his last home game still unless he gets a new deal.  

And he was specifically asked about if he is thinking about that.  He gave an honest and heart felt answer.  Of course he is thinking about this, and I don't see anything wrong with him understanding that until there is a new deal, this is probably his last home game as I think everyone expects KC to beat the Jags (although that isn't a foregone conclusion).  

• Like (+1) 1
  • Eyeroll 1

Love to have Jordan Poyer here for another 2 years.

Experienced All Pro Safety ,who is on the top of his game, is difficult to replace. Yes, we can replace him, but with someone younger who needs to be coached up and that player might not work out.

Jordan Poyer is a sure thing for the next 2 years unless he gets injured bad. Also, he can mentor the younger guys, which he's doing right now.

Edited by Buffalo Ballin

I would be happy if Poyer could stay but his last great payday and who offers it may rule his decision. And wether or not he'd be willing to accept a fair deal but a homer discount? Im not sure.

I will wish him well wherever he goes unless it is an AFC east team. Please if he has to move on let it be to the NFC,

Edited by muppy

Only way he stays is if he agrees to home town discount, which I don't think he will and that's OK. He's earned his payday. He is getting long in the tooth, injured all year. Its time for the transition especially with Hyde and Damlin up in air. 

Bigger question is can we get Edmunds to take something reasonable along the lines of his partner Milano. Hope he will. Then big Ed next in line. Josh I'm sure will be willing to do whatever it takes to provide cap relief but only so much you can do.

If it comes between PO and Edmunds, its a no Brainer.  You pay the 24 year old qb of the offense and used significant draft capital to get and then developed him as well.  PO is 32 and Hyde is around the same.  We are stuck with Hyde next year.  Its time to start getting younger at S.  Draft a S, and maybe sign a mid to low tier starter.  Peoole forget, almost no one knew who Poyer was when he was picked up.  Did not accomplish much before being brought to Buffalo.  The same can be done through the draft or cheaper FA signing.  He has been great for the Bills, except his greedy wife.  Its time to move on, he is already breaking down.

Edited by Gunsgoodtime

Lots of guys have taken team friendly deals to stay with the bills. I think it'd be lame if Poyer didnt do the same to some extent. Allen took a very team friendly deal, I feel like Poyer could/should do the same. I get that he deserves more, and I agree he deserves more, but he should also remember the team that made him a star. Also, why did he release this video this week? Couldn't last week have been his last game also? 

Edited by Steptide

2 hours ago, Matt_In_NH said:

Poyer is not a cap casualty, he is a FA.  I would have to prioritize Edmunds over Poyer if I had to choose.  The Bills have some manipulation they can do but there will be some more holes too, Dequan Jones is up, Saffold is up and there are others.  Going to have to draft/develop some replacements.   The BIlls have been over spending the cap for a few years and they probably will again which is fun but they are at the point where you ahve to make tough decisions on guys you want to keep

Daquan Jones signed a 2 yr deal with Bills.  Under contract for 2023 but tough decisions to be made for sure.

I think if Bills win the SB, the odds increase that Poyer will take the best offer in FA and max out his earnings with a SB Championship already under his belt.  If we fall short, I can see him being more motivated to stay someplace he loves and believes he can win a ring in the next 2 years to the point he could consider a home town discount.  

On the flip side, I also think Beane will be less inclined to pay him higher amounts if we win the SB.  If we get the SB monkey off our backs by winning it, I think Beane focuses more on long term decisions and resists investing higher amounts in older players.  But if Bills fall short, the SB or bust pressure will only be higher next year and I think making sure he has guys playing at a high level now (versus young guys who need to develop or lesser players) will carry a higher priority.

In other words, whether or not the Bills win the SB this year I think will play a significant role in some of these decisions from both the players perspectives and Beane's perspective.

Edited by Alphadawg7
  • Like (+1) 1

5 hours ago, ArtVandalay said:

It's genius to be honest. He's putting the pressure on the org through the fans

We really don't know what will end up happening, he doesn't know..

But to put out that emotional pull and get the fans riled up is awesome on his part. 

That's not something the organization will consider.

It's a business.  If he's not on the team next year, the fans simply shrug and move on.  Everyone understands this.

• Disagree 1

This is exactly the thing that sucks about FA you can never keep the all of the good players on our team for their entire career even if they do want to stay & we know Po is going for 1 more big contract seeing as he hired his new agent Rosenhouse .

I hope maybe some way seeing as he has had a bunch of injuries this year he may be able to come off his price a bit to stick around him & Hyde together are a force on the back end . I know they are closer to the end of their career than in th prime bu ti feel these guys still have a bunch of good ball to play yet i would hope it's in a Bills uni .

If not i hope we can get some one of the same caliber as Po ! If this is the last home game for Po i just want to say Thanks for all you have given to the Bills you will always be part of the Bills family !! 

• Like (+1) 1

16 hours ago, Mr. WEO said:

That's not something the organization will consider.

It's a business.  If he's not on the team next year, the fans simply shrug and move on.  Everyone understands this.

It is a business, and like most successful businesses they consider (not driven by, but consider) the feedback, input, and wants/needs of their customer base. 

It's silly to think an organization that took the time and effort to send out stadium survey to the fanbase to solicit and analyze feedback when building a $1.5 Billion complex doesn't consider the input of their customers/fans.

18 minutes ago, ArtVandalay said:

It is a business, and like most successful businesses they consider (not driven by, but consider) the feedback, input, and wants/needs of their customer base. 

It's silly to think an organization that took the time and effort to send out stadium survey to the fanbase to solicit and analyze feedback when building a $1.5 Billion complex doesn't consider the input of their customers/fans.

that was a stunt, all for show.  2/3 of the respondents (only 1100 locals were polled) wanted a dome.  no dome is coming because PSE doesn't want to pay for the added cost (i.e. "they" aren't building this complex)

Anyway, personnel decisions are never made based on fan input or displeasure (aske Fred Jackson if you're not sure).  Didn't Marv say this?--when you start letting fans make your decisions, you'll soon be joining them in the stands.

Edited by Mr. WEO
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

7 hours ago, Mr. WEO said:

that was a stunt, all for show.  2/3 of the respondents (only 1100 locals were polled) wanted a dome.  no dome is coming because PSE doesn't want to pay for the added cost (i.e. "they" aren't building this complex)

Anyway, personnel decisions are never made based on fan input or displeasure (aske Fred Jackson if you're not sure).  Didn't Marv say this?--when you start letting fans make your decisions, you'll soon be joining them in the stands.

There's a big difference between decision making and public pressure. If you think this team and the NFL are not susceptible to public pressure you haven't been paying attention the past 20 years. 

4 minutes ago, ArtVandalay said:

There's a big difference between decision making and public pressure. If you think this team and the NFL are not susceptible to public pressure you haven't been paying attention the past 20 years. 

if the decision making isn't a result of public pressure, whey even mention it?  There's no chance PSE will base their decision with  Poyer on some sort of negative "public backlash" potential.  There won't even be any at all.  Players come and go.  Every fan knows this.  

• Like (+1) 1

On 1/19/2023 at 9:49 AM, Back2Buff said:

I think Poyer is going to be very shocked at how little interest there is out there for the money he thinks he is going get.

This season exposed a lot of what many worried about with Poyer, the body breaking down.  He injured just about every part of his body this year and its no surprise its happening as he is 32 years old.

I don't see any team giving him more than a 2 year deal, with the option of getting out of it after 1.

If you think Poyers a warrior, imagine how Rachel wakes up feelin. Bet he keeps her living on the injury report.

Bush (Back) - DNP | Probable

• Haha (+1) 1

Love me some Poyer.  

But I’m signing Edmunds and extending Oliver before I do anything else if I’m BBB. 

Letting Edmunds go at this age and stage of his development, so we can keep a 32-year-old safety, is not a Beane-type move.  

And if you guys remember the Chris Drury drama, one thing you need to keep in mind is that the wife will usually get her way.  He wanted to stay.  She did not.  He left.  

Control what you can control. 

• Agree 1

• 1 month later...
On 1/19/2023 at 9:49 AM, Back2Buff said:

I think Poyer is going to be very shocked at how little interest there is out there for the money he thinks he is going get.

This season exposed a lot of what many worried about with Poyer, the body breaking down.  He injured just about every part of his body this year and its no surprise its happening as he is 32 years old.

I don't see any team giving him more than a 2 year deal, with the option of getting out of it after 1.

Poyer's market being low was predictable.  He plays in a very safety friendly system and did not do well after week 5 last year.

14 minutes ago, Back2Buff said:

Poyer's market being low was predictable.  He plays in a very safety friendly system and did not do well after week 5 last year.

It sounded like Miami had legit interest but I wonder if the trade they swung for Ramsey is going to change their interest level in Poyer now.  Don't think I have seen him linked to any other teams through the Rumor Mill.  

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.