Brady last night

Snappysnackcakes

13 minutes ago, Snappysnackcakes said:

Who else thought his arm looked dead? That he just looked old and tired? In my opinion, if he continues to play, next season could be a disaster for his new team. 

I don't think his arm looked dead I think his OL was letting him get killed. It was almost a free runner coming at him every pass play and that was before the game was out of hand. That is the blueprint to beating a high flying offense, get to the QB. All of Brady's SB losses were to to the pressure he received, same with mahomes against the Bucs, they dominated the Chiefs OL and what did the Chiefs do? Went out and revamped the OL which is exactly what we should do at the end of this season.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 2
  • Awesome! (+1) 2

His arm is beyond dead. On the throws where he couldn't fully step into it, the ball was falling 5 yards short... on 15-20 yard passes. He clearly needs to use his entire body to throw the ball beyond 25 yards. Most QBs can just flick the ball that distance without being able to step up.

He threw the ball away on a hail mary attempt from the 50. If he had the arm strength to get it to the endzone from there, he would've tried.

• Agree 2

22 minutes ago, Snappysnackcakes said:

Who else thought his arm looked dead? That he just looked old and tired? In my opinion, if he continues to play, next season could be a disaster for his new team. 

He was getting pressured a LOT also and I'm sure that didn't help any at all

He really has to lean in to make an intermediate throw. 

I really hope his loses much more strength this offseason. 

I do think if (Current)Tom was on the Fins they would probably beat us today. 

Who better to play the short game with than Waddle and Reek?

Not to mention Tom would see and throw it down the field any time he saw a WR get a step.

• Eyeroll 1
  • Disagree 1

1 hour ago, Snappysnackcakes said:

he’s in the Payton manning in Denver phase. 

excellent motivator, good on field coach and could be a fine caretaker in the right system. He’s a distributor and not a guy that will carry an offense though. You need several players better than his current ability on the team. 

The dead arm was bad, but the worst for me is how scared he is to be touched.  It's impossible to play QB while trying to get the ball out in 1.5 seconds or whatever..  Receivers aren't even ready, the timing was all off and his WR's got clobbered on a few.  He's pretty much an old wuss now.  And i can relate, I'm older than him.

16 minutes ago, Beck Water said:

excuse me if this has already been brought up

I think Brady was coached to play dirty while in NE and Mac Jones is receiving the same coaching

https://currently.att.yahoo.com/att/cm/tom-brady-called-blatantly-dirty-142318575.html

Omg I didn’t even see this. He’s out there playing soccer. Excellent form for a sliding tackle 

1 hour ago, Snappysnackcakes said:

Last nights game looked a lot like Peyton Mannings last season.  I think that was Brady's last game.  Manning went out a SB champion only because he was carried by his defense and run game.  In fact, Peyton was the 2nd worst passer in the NFL his last season and had the worst performance of any winning QB in SB history.  

If Brady is to go somewhere to have a real shot at winning one more title, the only place I can see that happening is SF.  And now with a QB controversy already with Trey and Purdy on the horizon, I have a hard time they will halt either of those QB's progressions to bring in Brady with a declining arm and limited mobility.  Especially if Purdy takes them deep in the playoffs this year.  

All the talk is Raiders, but they have a bad OL and mediocre defense at best and probably losing Josh Jacobs.  Would the Raiders really be any better than the Bucs were this year?  Probably not.  Not to mention, its still a tough division.  

So unless the Niners come up short in the playoffs and decide to roll the dice on season with Brady, I can't really see him playing again next year.  At least he shouldn't.  He needs a stout D, OL, and run game at this point to support where he is at as a player.  

21 minutes ago, KDIGGZ said:

Had more passing yards this year than Joshy. His receivers are washed, I don't think he is. Give him Tyreek and Waddle

He also played 1 more game and made 166 more attempts in order to do it... and threw for 10 fewer TDs in the process.

• Like (+1) 3
  • Thank you (+1) 1

No, as I said that about 8-9 years ago, and was wrong then, big time.  His arm looked okay, but it is hard to evaluate on such a poorly coached team, with no running game, horrible preparation, and no identity on either side of the ball. A lost, unfocused team--and the fish rots from the head.  Bye bye Bowles, as he likely just coached his last game as an NFL head coach.

If Todd Bowles is a head coach in Tampa next year, or anywhere, that team will be one of the worst teams in the league.

I think if Brady was not on the Bucs this year they would have been one of the worst teams in the league. 

• Agree 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.