Vikings gone

1stgm1993

10 minutes ago, 1stgm1993 said:

Didn’t see a post anywhere else 

anyone else glad the giants knocked out the Vikings so we don’t have to hear about them wining all the close games and beating Buffalo this year anymore?

TBH I think the Giants may be the more dangerous team.  Which means it will be interesting to watch the NFC playoffs work through

• Like (+1) 3
  • Agree 2

They couldn’t run the ball and became one dimensional. Still had a chance. 

1 minute ago, Beck Water said:

TBH I think the Giants may be the more dangerous team.  Which means it will be interesting to watch the NFC playoffs work through

They’re not deep though and the o line isn’t good. 

Edited by Breakout Squad

13 minutes ago, Breakout Squad said:

They couldn’t run the ball and became one dimensional. Still had a chance. 

They’re not deep though and the o line isn’t good. 

O-line managed to block Barkley to #4 in the league this year - not too shabby

Jones threw for 301 yds and 2 TD that game -  wish that Allen had had his TTT

33 minutes ago, 1stgm1993 said:

Didn’t see a post anywhere else 

anyone else glad the giants knocked out the Vikings so we don’t have to hear about them wining all the close games and beating Buffalo this year anymore?

I believe it was covered in the “Giants @ Vikings” thread ….

• Haha (+1) 5
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

No, don't care.

And f*ck the Giants too.

I don't understand the screwheads who root for teams just because they have former Bills employees on the team/staff/FO.  The Giants beat us in the SB we should have won and spawned Bill Belichick who totally dominated us for a couple decades.     They also compete with the Bills for fans in central NY.......less than 100 miles east of the stadium........which f*cking blows and hurts the bottom line.   They are a definite top 6-7 team that Bills fans should wish to see fail.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Eyeroll 1
  • Disagree 1

33 minutes ago, BADOLBILZ said:

No, don't care.

And f*ck the Giants too.

I don't understand the screwheads who root for teams just because they have former Bills employees on the team/staff/FO.  The Giants beat us in the SB we should have won and spawned Bill Belichick who totally dominated us for a couple decades.     They also compete with the Bills for fans in central NY.......less than 100 miles east of the stadium........which f*cking blows and hurts the bottom line.   They are a definite top 6-7 team that Bills fans should wish to see fail.

I live in NYC and many of my son’s good friends — all very cool people and Yankees fans to boot — are Giants fans. I don’t wish them ill and what happened 32 years ago is totally effing irrelevant. Get over it — I certainly did. I don’t root for the Giants but I like my friends being happy and prefer them to the Cowboys and Commanders of the world. And who gives a damn about the “bottom line” in a league run by plutocratic billionaires? I mean, seriously.

Edited by dave mcbride
  • Like (+1) 3

49 minutes ago, BADOLBILZ said:

No, don't care.

And f*ck the Giants too.

Hangry? Geesh

Mad King Kong GIF by Godzilla vs. Kong

• Haha (+1) 1

19 minutes ago, dave mcbride said:

I live in NYC and many of my son’s good friends — all very cool people and Yankees fans to boot — are Giants fans. I don’t wish them ill and what happened 32 years ago is totally effing irrelevant. Get over it — I certainly did. I don’t root for the Giants but I like my friends being happy and prefer them to the Cowboys and Commanders of the world. And who gives a damn about the “bottom line” in a league run by plutocratic billionaires? I mean, seriously.

My father was a Giants fan before you were even born so don't give me some bullsh*t about why association with Yankees fans or friends of your son has any relevance to this discussion.  :rolleyes:

Despite being twice as far away from New Jersey than they are from Buffalo the Giants organization competes with the Bills for fans in the Southern Tier and CNY.   People who have little in common with residents of NYC or NJ.........and A LOT in common with Bills fans.    It's a problem.   Regionalization of the Bills franchise remains important.   My loyalty is to the Bills only........so that alone is enough to wish the f*cking Giants decades of irrelevance and failure(like the Jets).

The SB defeat is not "irrelevant"...........but the spawning of Parcells and Belichick..........who combined to kick the Bills in the teeth regularly for almost 30 years....is much more significant.   They helped make the Bills a laughingstock.   That's not irrelevant to me.   I respect the Giants organization and Parcells and Belichick.   When the score is evened I will be fine with rooting for them.     Not likely to ever happen because they did vast damage to the Bills.........but I will keep rooting for their failure until it does.

Do you have ANY rivals that you think are worthwhile to root actively against????    Must be not.   Few organizations have done more damage to the Bills than NYG.  

• Eyeroll 1

4 minutes ago, BADOLBILZ said:

My father was a Giants fan before you were even born so don't give me some bullsh*t about why association with Yankees fans or friends of your son has any relevance to this discussion.  :rolleyes:

Despite being twice as far away from New Jersey than they are from Buffalo the Giants organization competes with the Bills for fans in the Southern Tier and CNY.   People who have little in common with residents of NYC or NJ.........and A LOT in common with Bills fans.    It's a problem.   Regionalization of the Bills franchise remains important.   My loyalty is to the Bills only........so that alone is enough to wish the f*cking Giants decades of irrelevance and failure(like the Jets).

The SB defeat is not "irrelevant"...........but the spawning of Parcells and Belichick..........who combined to kick the Bills in the teeth regularly for almost 30 years....is much more significant.   They helped make the Bills a laughingstock.   That's not irrelevant to me.   I respect the Giants organization and Parcells and Belichick.   When the score is evened I will be fine with rooting for them.     Not likely to ever happen because they did vast damage to the Bills.........but I will keep rooting for their failure until it does.

Do you have ANY rivals that you think are worthwhile to root actively against????    Must be not.   Few organizations have done more damage to the Bills than NYG.  

You may be taking this too seriously.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 2
  • Haha (+1) 2

5 hours ago, Beck Water said:

With good coaching Daniel Jones is a better QB than Kurt Cousins and Coach Diabolical is used to using chicken dropping to make chickens.

9 hours ago, BADOLBILZ said:

And f*ck the Giants too.

I don't understand the screwheads who root for teams just because they have former Bills employees on the team/staff/FO.  The Giants beat us in the SB we should have won

They also denied the Pats* two additional rings, including the one that would have culminated in a perfect season, so I'll forgive them for the SB win against the Bills. (Besides, the Bills beat themselves in that SB.)

And why not root for Daboll? He's a Buffalo native, Bills fan, and he helped to turn Josh from a raw "project" into a perennial MVP candidate.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

9 hours ago, BADOLBILZ said:

Well, I literally just implied that I hate Dallas and Washington — and I do! — so there are teams that I actively root to fail. I would throw the Dolphins and Rams into the mix (the common thread here being odious owners). I despise Miami for other reasons too (the 1970s) and of course grew to hate the Pats over the years. I would hate the Jets given their jackass of an owner and the fact that they are in the AFC East, but they are so pathetic that I can’t bring myself to muster up much hatred for them. 

As for the Giants, a close friend of mine who is one of the nicest and funniest people I know lives and dies by the Giants, and generally speaking the Giants fans I know are good people. And they are a good franchise that beat the Pats twice in the SB. Basically, I may have hated them because of wide right for many years, but I just can’t anymore. Ironically, the one guy who took down Belichick twice on the biggest stage is a central New Yorker (Waterloo), although I realize he’s a Parcells guy too. 

As for their being a lot of Giants fans in your neck of the woods, when growing up in Buffalo the most popular baseball team BY FAR there (based on 1970s Buffalo Evening News/Courier Express survey — I can’t recall which) was the Yankees. I assume they still are. The point is that throughout NY State, there is always going to a disproportionate number of NYC team fans. Lots of people from the NYC metro area end up upstate because they go to, say, a SUNY in western NY and stay. I know a few who went to UB and never left. It is what it is and I can’t really bring myself to care much. Anyway, there is no shortage of Bills fans in western and central NY. 

Edited by dave mcbride

55 minutes ago, PromoTheRobot said:

Because teams put a spy on him. The Dolphins did. But no one expects Daniel Jones to run.

Huh????  He ran for 708 yards this season.  He is a rushing QB.  If there is a spy on Allen, then more chance a receiver is open and room to run.

Please explain.

1 hour ago, PromoTheRobot said:

Because teams put a spy on him. The Dolphins did. But no one expects Daniel Jones to run.

Seems to me that dedicating a man to spy on Josh should either (1) reduce the pass rush pressure on him, or (2) leave someone open downfield. Feels like we should be able to take greater advantage of it than we are.

• Agree 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.