Do you think CBS will pull Romo and Nantz off Bills-Fins?

Dan Darragh

20 minutes ago, billybob71 said:

i know im probably in the minority but I think Romo does a good job, one of my favorite

Used to like him when he spoke his mind.  Now he’s towing the company line.

Taron Johnson got held and thrown to the ground near the end zone , had a great chance to get Mac.  Ref watched as it happened and did nothing.  Neither Nantz or Romo said a word.  Romo just continued with his fluff. All announcers are this way, not just Romo. He started out calling it has he saw it, but no longer.

They have to call what’s going on.  They can’t act like non-calls are OK.  They need to hold the refs accountable for not doing their job. 

• Eyeroll 1
  • Agree 1

35 minutes ago, DaBillsFanSince1973 said:

I'm pulling them. I can deal with nance but the ball washing romo does is not my cup of tea. I'll do as I have the last few games he called. I'll use my audacity app and listen to the play by play from wgr 550 sports radio.

The anti-Romo crowd is the worst. He's the best color guy in football and it's not even remotely close. That you'd rather listen to John Murphy call the most boring game possible is ridiculous.

Edited by BullBuchanan
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Vomit 1
  • Agree 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 2

27 minutes ago, DaBillsFanSince1973 said:

I'm pulling them. I can deal with nance but the ball washing romo does is not my cup of tea. I'll do as I have the last few games he called. I'll use my audacity app and listen to the play by play from wgr 550 sports radio.

Even worse when Teflon™ T*m is playing when he does not even attempt to disguise the ball washing with tongue.

https://www.audacy.com/weei/sports/patriots/tony-romo-was-a-complete-mess-during-patriots-bills

“Oh you said this is storybook!,” he shouted over the unbelievable moment. “This is almost fate! I just can’t believe what just happened — Josh Allen the same thing!”

Romo went for a while longer before stopping abruptly. At long last, a producer seemingly got into his ear, and told him to cut the gibberish.

Would it be impolite to hold up sign:

THANKS NBC for no Romo!

• Thank you (+1) 1
  • Dislike 1

I'm happy with any announcer who brings color and personality to the broadcast.  Lofton (for example) sucks because he doesn't do that.  He's just another voice who sounds exactly like every other generic announcer out there.  

Romo is great.  I could do without the ball-washing, but he obviously understands what's happening on the field and can explain it to the audience in real time.  Not every color guy can do that.  He also has a little bit of a "Madden" vibe where you can tell that he's really enjoying his time in the booth and isn't just collecting a paycheck (Al Michaels).  

I know I'm in the minority here, but I especially like color commentators who are willing to be critical of players and coaches.  This is where I really appreciate Chris Collinsworth.  Sure, he's annoying when he does Bills games, but I like listening to his other broadcasts as a neutral.  My all-time favorite commentator was Dan Dierdorf, who managed to be both blistering and funny as hell simultaneously.  That sort of thing rubs people the wrong way, but that's fine -- you can watch Friends, but I'm watching Seinfeld.  

• Like (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, Charles Romes said:

Does anyone know when Bills - Cincy will be the following week?  Saturday or Sunday?  Too lazy to research. 

I don’t think anyone knows yet… my guess is they’ll make KC - (JAX or LAC) on Saturday and we would be the Sunday AFC game, should we make it that far of course.

• Like (+1) 1

46 minutes ago, DaBillsFanSince1973 said:

How has Chris Brown been with calling the game?  His calls of the two kickoff returns that WGR replayed this week are great. Wonder if that holds up over the course of a game. Thinking about tuning him in this week. 

It’s too bad NFL+ doesn’t allow replays of the radio broadcasts anymore. Would like to know if they are out there anywhere. 

22 minutes ago, BullBuchanan said:

He's the best color guy in football and it's not even remotely close.

I have a feeling that Fitzmagic will be doing color before long, and will soon become the best color person on any network.  Guy just thinks at a different speed than most humans.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Disagree 1

10 minutes ago, WotAGuy said:

How has Chris Brown been with calling the game?  His calls of the two kickoff returns that WGR replayed this week are great. Wonder if that holds up over the course of a game. Thinking about tuning him in this week. 

It’s too bad NFL+ doesn’t allow replays of the radio broadcasts anymore. Would like to know if they are out there anywhere. 

I thought he did quite well. I enjoy listening to wgr radio call the game.

• Thank you (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, buffblue said:

He's way too over the top and constantly stumbling over his words. Good knowledge however, and I do appreciate his enthusiasm for the game

I think he has so much he wants to say that he gets mixed up, hence the stumbling.  I think he's super enthusiastic/loves the game.  I think he's a smart dude.  The Romo-Nantz duo is my favorite.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1

Unsure if it was mentioned. But this is the only CBS game. 

CBS doesn’t have any other games.

Since there isn’t another game to put Romo/Nantz on, they’re going to stay on this one.

No game is available for CBS to swap; this is their sole broadcast. 

• Haha (+1) 1

No. If the Bills advance, Ian Eagle will be on the call vs CIN. Nantz / Romo will get the Chiefs. 

23 minutes ago, RiotAct said:

I don’t think anyone knows yet… my guess is they’ll make KC - (JAX or LAC) on Saturday and we would be the Sunday AFC game, should we make it that far of course.

Bingo 

1 minute ago, Mango said:

Unsure if it was mentioned. But this is the only CBS game. 

CBS doesn’t have any other games.

Since there isn’t another game to put Romo/Nantz on, they’re going to stay on this one.

No game is available for CBS to swap; this is their sole broadcast. 

Is this their only game?  I know you said it three times, but…..

• Eyeroll 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.