Will DeAndre Hopkins be available this offseason?

NeverOutNick

7 minutes ago, HOUSE said:

Well, I still believe he is coming to Buffalo, both GMs are playing chess right now. 

If he wasn't coming, Beane would bite on another WR in trade. He has a history of moving on to the next guy....

This is just an annoying pause....

I think the cost is too high for the cap, even if AZ comes down from their ridiculous asking price. If I knew that a fella like Quintin Johnston would fall to us at 27, I'd never make the trade. But most likely the top wrs in a weak draft will be gone before we pick, so ultimately I find myself in the ambivalent position of knowing I would suddenly be thrilled to get Hopkins, while unhappy with some roster consequences down the line.

6 minutes ago, Buffalo03 said:

What does Erie County Bulls say he's been "told"? He's been pretty quiet 

I believe that fella is likely a fraud. He just got lucky predicting the Edwards signing and is posturing. Maybe you imply that with the quotation marks around "told."

• Like (+1) 1

7 minutes ago, Dr. Who said:

I think the cost is too high for the cap, even if AZ comes down from their ridiculous asking price. If I knew that a fella like Quintin Johnston would fall to us at 27, I'd never make the trade. But most likely the top wrs in a weak draft will be gone before we pick, so ultimately I find myself in the ambivalent position of knowing I would suddenly be thrilled to get Hopkins, while unhappy with some roster consequences down the line.

I believe that fella is likely a fraud. He just got lucky predicting the Edwards signing and is posturing. Maybe you imply that with the quotation marks around "told."

Yes, that's exactly what I imply lol. He said nothing about Taylor Rapp or Jordan Phillips coming back

• Like (+1) 2

1 hour ago, CincyBillsFan said:

My only quibble here is that Allen has not fallen short.  Half his playoff games have been played at an elite level and he has yet to have a stinker game.  For the last month all I've heard are the "experts" bemoaning why no one has signed Lamar Jackson to a 250 million guaranteed contract.  Yet none of them talk about Jackson's dismal playoff performances. So it always pisses me off when I hear that Allen has "failed" in the playoffs.

Bengals …..

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, papazoid said:

the #1 reason we got bounced from playoffs is our O-line is below average

phi & kc have the best Olines in the league

it don't matter how many Dhop weapons we add or if we get a new LB

significantly improve the Oline or its another wasted year of josh

Its two reasons kinda a 1a 1b. Oline 1a for sure but 1b is weaker skill positions.

On 3/31/2023 at 7:36 AM, NC-billsfan! said:

In todays age, these guys are playing a lot longer (i.e. Brady), the nutrition, injury care etc is head and shoulders above years ago. Plus the SOB never seems to take a good hit. Those guys drive me nuts, I think Beasley and Brown were the same way.

even so, catching a ton of balls AND being a physical blocker - at some point you roll an ankle, or catch a concussion, even ignoring the major injuries. 

if he gets a high ankle sprain, where does that offense go without adding a threat? I guess there’s still a good bit of speed for Andy to try to scheme but it becomes a challenge. 

2 hours ago, papazoid said:

ESPECIALLY given Allen’s playing style.  

You can try to get him to consistently dink and dunk like Burrow or Brady.. and maybe that eventually evolves in his game, but that’s not who he is, and that’s not why we drafted him.  

The goal is to push the ball down the field and put fear in defenses knowing they need to defend every blade of grass, at any given time.  

Defenses don’t need to worry about that if they are able to get pressure consistently with four rushers .. and our weapons haven’t been scary enough to worry about them winning jump balls down the field and/or killing them with YAC. 

• Agree 1

3 hours ago, papazoid said:

They got bounced by the team with the worst OL in the playoffs...........who nearly beat KC in KC after beating them the 3 prior meetings........and likely would have beaten your other best OL in the league Philly in the SB as well.

They need to get better on the OL and replacing Saffold was addition by subtraction but it's rather obvious that the Bills particular affliction is not matching up with the elite teams in the receiving weapons category.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 3

2 hours ago, Mr. WEO said:

Bengals …..

Josh didn’t play well against K.C. in the AFC championship or against Houston in the wildcard .  His play in the game against Baltimore was also shaky but the Bills defense saved the day  .  So that’s actually several  playoff games worth of sub par play.

• Like (+1) 1

8 minutes ago, prissythecat said:

Josh didn’t play well against K.C. in the AFC championship or against Houston in the wildcard .  His play in the game against Baltimore was also shaky but the Bills defense saved the day  .  So that’s actually several  playoff games worth of sub par play.

He’s also put together one of the best playoff stretches for a QB statistically ever…Pats and KC games for the 21-22 season was pretty epic—he definitely has it in him. 

• Like (+1) 1

2 hours ago, prissythecat said:

The Houston playoff game?  When he was 14 years old?  Really?

2 hours ago, NoHuddleKelly12 said:

He’s also put together one of the best playoff stretches for a QB statistically ever…Pats and KC games for the 21-22 season was pretty epic—he definitely has it in him. 

Also the Colts playoff game, Josh played well…

7 hours ago, CincyBillsFan said:

My only quibble here is that Allen has not fallen short.  Half his playoff games have been played at an elite level and he has yet to have a stinker game.  For the last month all I've heard are the "experts" bemoaning why no one has signed Lamar Jackson to a 250 million guaranteed contract.  Yet none of them talk about Jackson's dismal playoff performances. So it always pisses me off when I hear that Allen has "failed" in the playoffs.

The QB is the leader of the team. When the team loses most often the QB receives warranted and unwarranted criticism. 

• Like (+1) 1

2 hours ago, 4merper4mer said:

The Houston playoff game?  When he was 14 years old?  Really?

Maybe you were asleep then ?  We played the Texans in the wildcard round in 2019 season…

4 hours ago, NoHuddleKelly12 said:

no argument for me there. He’s shown he can perform at a high level in playoffs .  My point is that he’s up and down 

36 minutes ago, CincyBillsFan said:

No that wasn't a stinker game it was an average game.  The problem is that when Allen is average the Bills offense stinks. 

he stunk in that game with the rest of them

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

No that wasn't a stinker game it was an average game.  The problem is that when Allen is average the Bills offense stinks. 

In the Bengals Chiefs game Mahomes was kinda average as well. The difference is his defense only allowed the Bengals 20 total points. 
The three times the Bills were within one score in the Bengals game 7-0, 14-7, 17-10 the defense gave up a score on the very next possession. 

1 hour ago, prissythecat said:

Maybe you were asleep then ?  We played the Texans in the wildcard round in 2019 season…

no argument for me there. He’s shown he can perform at a high level in playoffs .  My point is that he’s up and down 

Cause as Greg Cosell and Chris Simms have consistently pointed out he’s asked to do more than any qb they’ve ever seen cause the GM and Coach have a bug for being defense first people.  

• Like (+1) 2

2 hours ago, 78thealltimegreat said:

In the Bengals Chiefs game Mahomes was kinda average as well. The difference is his defense only allowed the Bengals 20 total points. 
The three times the Bills were within one score in the Bengals game 7-0, 14-7, 17-10 the defense gave up a score on the very next possession. 

Cause as Greg Cosell and Chris Simms have consistently pointed out he’s asked to do more than any qb they’ve ever seen cause the GM and Coach have a bug for being defense first people.  

Wasn’t KC down to 1 starting WR in the championship game? Mahomes was throwing to ST guys while hobbled and still found a way to win? I wish Allen could be average like that. Bills probably have a superbowl by now if that’s the case. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Disagree 1
  • Agree 1

9 hours ago, 90sBills said:

Wasn’t KC down to 1 starting WR in the championship game? Mahomes was throwing to ST guys while hobbled and still found a way to win? I wish Allen could be average like that. Bills probably have a superbowl by now if that’s the case. 

Even then, Mahomes has a superior oline and Andy Reid. And the Chiefs do get timely calls. They are now that team the way it used to be the Pats*. This is a combination of favored status as a marquee franchise with a superlative qb and coach and zebra incompetency. Allen is asked to play superhuman for the Bills to win and as the stakes are ratcheted up, the weight of that ask increases exponentially. I don't grant your premise. Bills have a porous oline, Ken Dorsey on a learning curve and unproven, along with a defensive-minded coaching staff that routinely falls flat in the postseason synchronous with an era where the league is set up for offense to win championships.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Eyeroll 1

are you kidding me....look how KC values Oline compared to Bills   

3 legit All Pro's best in league // not the 10th alternate bullchit  to pro bowl like bills

you put that in front of Josh Allen and he would be the undisputed best QB in league

TE - Travis Kelce (#1) All Pro // Knox #20

LT - Orlando Brown Jr (#10)  4x Pro Bowl  //  we have dawkins (#24) alternate

LG - Joe Thuney (#2 ) All Pro //  we dont have a guard in the top 40

C - Creed Humphrey (#1) All Pro  //  morse #23 alternate

RG - Trey Smith (#12)   //  we dont have a guard in the top 40

RT - Andrew Wylie (nothing special and they let him go) // we have Spencer Brown ranked #73 

Edited by papazoid
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, papazoid said:

3 legit All Pro's best in league // not the 10th alternate bullchit  to pro bowl like bills

you put that in front of Josh Allen and he would be the undisputed best QB in league

RT - Andrew Wylie (nothing special and they let him go) 

They’ve done a good job of having very low cost defensive players other than a couple guys.  They’ve had the cap space to splurge on the offense because they’ve drafted well on defense 

• Like (+1) 1

13 minutes ago, CaptnCoke11 said:

They’ve done a good job of having very low cost defensive players other than a couple guys.  They’ve had the cap space to splurge on the offense because they’ve drafted well on defense 

They hit on Chris Jones.  Their defense revolves around him.  Even so, they are typically a middling defense because they don’t invest heavily .. Spags is just a good DC that gets them playing their best down the stretch of the season. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Disagree 1

38 minutes ago, CaptnCoke11 said:

Bolded is debatable. I would rather have a top 10 OL rather than a top 10 defensive line... Wait.. we don't have a top 10 defensive line

• Thank you (+1) 1

11 hours ago, 90sBills said:

Yes they were but Kelce, the best TE to ever play the game, was still on the field as was the Chiefs much superior offensive line.  Mahomes also had a better RB duo in that game then Allen had.  Oh and did you forget who designed the offensive game plan and called the plays for the Chiefs? I like Dorsey but he ain't no Andy Reid.

Allen has had multiple spectacular games at QB and the Bills still haven't gotten to the Super Bowl with him.  It's clear that there is only so far even an elite QB can take a team.  Just ask Dan Marrino.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1

11 hours ago, 90sBills said:

Didn’t KC have three all pros on their oline? I wish the Bills could be like that and last I checked Travis Kelce played the whole game. 

• Like (+1) 2

1 hour ago, CaptnCoke11 said:

Bills waste our picks on D, brutal they don’t make much of an impact. 

• Like (+1) 1

On 1/10/2023 at 4:58 PM, CDogg20 said:

I would be more worried about Diggs thinking it’s gonna take away his well earned touches and keeping him happy

Diggs is not a selfish idiot, someone who thinks more about his stats than the team.

I disagree that he would think this way.  But if he does, then f**k him and move on, as he would have proven the Minnesota doubters right after all.

I think the prospect of adding another high caliber, even Hall of Fame caliber receiver, would make Diggs extremely happy.

1 hour ago, SCBills said:

They hit on Chris Jones.  Their defense revolves around him.  Even so, they are typically a middling defense because they don’t invest heavily .. Spags is just a good DC that gets them playing their best down the stretch of the season. 

They hit on Nick Bolton too

2 hours ago, Dr. Who said:

Even then, Mahomes has a superior oline and Andy Reid. And the Chiefs do get timely calls. They are now that team the way it used to be the Pats*. This is a combination of favored status as a marquee franchise with a superlative qb and coach and zebra incompetency. Allen is asked to play superhuman for the Bills to win and as the stakes are ratcheted up, the weight of that ask increases exponentially. I don't grant your premise. Bills have a porous oline, Ken Dorsey on a learning curve and unproven, along with a defensive-minded coaching staff that routinely falls flat in the postseason synchronous with an era where the league is set up for offense to win championships.

Their line is great in the interior. Their tackles are meh. Evidence by both not resigned this offseason. Mahomes style of play mask a lot of the tackles mistakes. He seems to have a sixth sense of where pressure is coming from and evades it.

Allen is just as mobile if not more. He can improve on getting a better feel for pressure in the pocket to evade. While Dorsey does need to improve next year with play calling Allen has to shoulder some of the offensive inefficiency blame. There were guys underneath all season that were missed and drives stalled. Including the Bengals game. That has to change. If Allen hit Diggs, who was wide open, on that first drive in the Bengals game it may have turned out differently. An elite qb cannot miss that in a playoff game. It’s not all on Dorsey. 

• Disagree 1
  • Agree 1

RT - Andrew Wylie (nothing special and they let him go) // we have Spencer Brown ranked #73 

You’re giving way too much credit to their tackles. Especially OBJ. Mahomes made them look better by being so evasive. Their 3 interior guys are legit tho. All about drafting and developing the right guys. Bills are so behind in this area. 

Edited by 90sBills

9 minutes ago, 90sBills said:

Their line is great in the interior.

9 minutes ago, 90sBills said:

If Allen hit Diggs, who was wide open, on that first drive in the Bengals game it may have turned out differently.

Do you really not see the irony of these statements?

2 hours ago, SCBills said:

They also hit on Nick Bolton and Willie Gay at LBs. Sneed and Mcduffie at CBs. Thornhill and Cook at safeties. I think they hit on quite a bit. That’s why I’m puzzled as to how McD can’t do this being a defensive guru.

1 minute ago, HappyDays said:

Do you really not see the irony of these statements?

Did you not see how I pointed out Mahomes evades pressure and Allen should too? On that throw he was getting pressured from the left side but still should be able to make the throw. I thought we all agree he’s elite? Does he need everything to be perfect to make a throw? Elite qbs make plays in the face of adversities. 

• Agree 1

14 minutes ago, 90sBills said:

Did you not see how I pointed out Mahomes evades pressure and Allen should too? On that throw he was getting pressured from the left side but still should be able to make the throw. I thought we all agree he’s elite? Does he need everything to be perfect to make a throw? Elite qbs make plays in the face of adversities. 

Saffold was beat off the snap and Allen's arm was getting hit as he threw it. You're being unrealistic.

• Disagree 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

2 were 2nd team.

In 2019, they won a SB with Came Erving, Andrew Wylie, Austin Reiter, Laurent Duvernay-Tardif and Mitch Schwartz.

Anyway, even with such a top O-line, Mahomes took a beating this season.  comps are here:

https://www.fantasypros.com/nfl/advanced-stats-qb.php

Edited by Mr. WEO
  • Like (+1) 1

Yes they were but Kelce, the best TE to ever play the game, was still on the field as was the Chiefs much superior offensive line.  Mahomes also had a better RB duo in that game then Allen had.  Oh and did you forget who designed the offensive game plan and called the plays for the Chiefs? I like Dorsey but he ain't no Andy Reid.

Allen has had multiple spectacular games at QB and the Bills still haven't gotten to the Super Bowl with him.  It's clear that there is only so far even an elite QB can take a team.  Just ask Dan Marrino.

I’m pretty sure you’d agree that Kelce is a lot easier to defend when most of the receivers are out. Yet their qb can get it done with whoever is left on the field.

Here we are asking Davis to step up as a #2 to help Allen when him and Diggs are a much more dynamic combo than what KC has. I agree that Allen needs more help with a better Oline. He can also help the team more by taking short stuffs. Being methodical. Not get flustered and frustrated when things don’t go well. Just find a way. I’ve seen another qb with 13sec not looked panic whatsoever. Just went out and find a way. These are what I’m hoping Allen can improve on next year. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Disagree 1