Will DeAndre Hopkins be available this offseason?

NeverOutNick

2 minutes ago, HappyDays said:

This guy had the David Edwards signing a day before anyone else, but still take it with a grain of salt:

If AZ isn’t eating any cap, I can’t imagine much is going back to them in return.  

Maybe a Day 3 pick this year and late Day 3 next year?  If we’re looking at the Cooks/Dallas trade. 

Have to imagine Oliver is being moved or Beane was never that worried about kicking cap down the road.    Not many other options out there for us to make it work unless they surprise move off Morse. 

For the amount of info we don’t get on bills signings, it’s hard to believe someone would know the intimate details of “working through the contract”. Maybe it’s possible. But it just doesn’t line up with past transactions under Beane

Edited by astb41
  • Like (+1) 2

8 minutes ago, Warriorspikes51 said:

That would sort of lineup with what Spotrac posted earlier 

Yeah the only way we could take on the whole cap hit is if we trade Oliver. There was a report earlier in the offseason that Hopkins would be willing to be flexible with his contract on his new team. If true I'm sure we can make it work, just a matter of working out the details.

• Agree 4

1 minute ago, astb41 said:

For the amount of info we don’t get on bills signings, it’s hard to believe someone would know the intimate details of “working through the contract”. Maybe it’s possible. But it just doesn’t line up with past transactions under Beane

Jimmy overdorf has loose lips at the low price of female feet photos 

1 minute ago, BillsShredder83 said:

How does this random erie county bulls guy have info nobody else does it's weird?

Came outta nowhere, has no followers. Without looking that tells me he's never broke anything prev to Edward's. I want him to be right, it's just suspect

This happens...Sal had TO before anyone else

• Like (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, astb41 said:

Another team is involved.  

We’ve never heard anything really about recent signings (maybe some watch for this guy stuff), but that is between Buffalo and the player...   Not Buffalo, Arizona, and the player. 

Edited by SCBills
  • Thank you (+1) 1

5 minutes ago, astb41 said:

I think this is a very valid statement 

• Like (+1) 1

6 minutes ago, SCBills said:

Not many other options out there for us to make it work unless they surprise move off Morse. 

I hadn't considered this. But maybe our line could be Dawkins - McGovern - Bates - Edwards - Brown with a draft pick or two added into the mix. Cutting Morse saves us $5.3 million against the cap in 2023 with no dead cap beyond this year. This is an idea out of left field but I could see it working.

• Agree 1

2 minutes ago, HappyDays said:

Yeah the only way we could take on the whole cap hit is if we trade Oliver. There was a report earlier in the offseason that Hopkins would be willing to be flexible with his contract on his new team. If true I'm sure we can make it work, just a matter of working out the details.

Might be a 3-way-trade.  Oliver to Chicago for a mid-late round pick, Buffalo uses that pick to give to Arizona for Hopkins.  

5 minutes ago, BillsShredder83 said:

How does this random erie county bulls guy have info nobody else does it's weird?

Came outta nowhere, has no followers. Without looking that tells me he's never broke anything prev to Edward's. I want him to be right, it's just suspect

I would still be skeptical

it had been reported earlier that day that the Bills had Edwards in for a visit and a few hours later he tweeted he was going to sign.

He may have sources but it is still could have just been a good guess

• Like (+1) 1

Just now, Warriorspikes51 said:

Takeo Spikes, different type of situation though 

Mario Williams too (like Spikes it was a FA deal). Although with Mario it was more certain we were in on him as he was in the city dining with Kyle Williams and the brass. 

1 minute ago, goldenboy81 said:

Have the Bills actually ever gotten the player where there was so much hype before? 

In recent memory … I guess id say the Bills were pretty well linked with the EDGE sweepstakes last off-season.   We just ended up with the guy we never saw coming. 

• Like (+1) 2