Will DeAndre Hopkins be available this offseason?

NeverOutNick

55 minutes ago, Mcg said:

The most important is his catching  Ability which none of the  Receivers had last year besides diggs.

True. Hopkins lost a step. He doesn’t run precise routes. But he overcomes that with some of the best hands in the game. More significantly, those hands could offset Allen’s wayward throws. 

• Vomit 2
  • Shocked 1
  • Disagree 2
  • Agree 1
  • Haha (+1) 2

1 hour ago, BarleyNY said:

No. If we plow more resources (mostly cap space) into assets that only offer returns for the next two years rather than long term ones of course it’ll be worse three to five years from now. I’m not sure how you’re even debating that.

Allen will be in his 30’s in five years. And with his playing style, who knows how banged up he’ll be. Hate to say it, but look at how quickly Cam fell off. Allen is better, but physical play has the chance of shortening anyones career.

We need to go all-in when he’s in his 20’s.

If Beane had made the trade for Von in 2021, instead of the Rams, the Bills have a lombardi right now in my opinion. All we needed is 1 extra stop against the Chiefs. Von would have given us that.

Edited by Einstein
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Sad 1
  • Agree 1

19 minutes ago, Warriorspikes51 said:

If we get this done and Hyatt is on the board at 27, that would be really interesting if we’d take him

If we add DHop then think you wait on WR maybe get one in Round 3/4/5 to develop into a RedZone guy that might replace Gabe. That said I'm not a Gabe Hater but I can't see him sticking around if Diggs and DHop are our 1 & 2.

Edited by The Jokeman
  • Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 1

48 minutes ago, Airseven said:

True. Hopkins lost a step. He doesn’t run precise routes. But he overcomes that with some of the best hands in the game. More significantly, those hands could offset Allen’s wayward throws. 

Have you ever had an accurate take on something?

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 2
  • Haha (+1) 7
  • Awesome! (+1) 2

8 minutes ago, The Jokeman said:

If we add DHop then think you wait on WR maybe get one in Round 3/4/5 to develop into a RedZone guy that might replace Gabe. That said I'm not a Gabe Hater but I can't see him sticking around if Diggs and DHop are our 1 & 2.

yea, the massive TE from Georgia would be a good piece to add as well

17 minutes ago, The Jokeman said:

That said I'm not a Gabe Hater but I can't see him sticking around if Diggs and DHop are our 1 & 2.

If we get Dhop, I don’t think Gabe Davis is even on the team anymore. I think he’d be headed to Arizona as part of the trade package.

• Disagree 3

1 minute ago, Einstein said:

If we get Dhop, I don’t think Gabe Davis is even on the team anymore. I think he’d be headed to Arizona as part of the trade package.

We need to add to Diggs and Davis, not add and subtract. Gabe had a down year last year after starting the season with a high ankle sprain that he pushed through.

Beane talked up the hope to have him as a Bill for years to come after his rookie contract. I don't think we're giving up on him nor do I think we should. He's done his best stuff when he's had two other WR's taking the bulk of the coverage.

Harty and Sherfield are upgrades from what we had as depth behind Diggs and Davis. But I'd rather sprinkle them in than have them be our go to guys if something were to happen to Diggs or Hopkins.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

24 minutes ago, Einstein said:

Hopefully not, Gabe is what 23? 24? 

Diggs and Dhop are past 30, surely an OC can figure out how to use all 3.

And yes, I'm just as mad as everyone else Davis dropped a few balls that could have won games, doesn't mean he's trash though.

• Like (+1) 3

8 minutes ago, BillsFanForever19 said:

We need to add to Diggs and Davis, not add and subtract. Gabe had a down year last year after starting the season with a high ankle sprain that he pushed through.

Beane talked up the hope to have him as a Bill for years to come after his rookie contract. I don't think we're giving up on him nor do I think we should. He's done his best stuff when he's had two other WR's taking the bulk of the coverage.

Harty and Sherfield are upgrades from what we had as depth behind Diggs and Davis. But I'd rather sprinkle them in than have them be our go to guys if something were to happen to Diggs or Hopkins.

Gabe Davis is not good enough. Simple as that. He can’t make plays for the QB. He can catch the ball when he’s wide open. So unless the OC dials up a great play or Allen buys time Davis isn’t getting the football.

I think he surprised himself catching that deep ball with Fitzpatrick all over him. That’s what we need more of. He typically fumbles those plays one on one contested.

Edited by Buffalo_Stampede
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Disagree 4
  • Agree 1

2 minutes ago, Buffalo_Stampede said:

Gabe Davis is not good enough. Simple as that. He can’t make plays for the QB. He can catch the ball when he’s open. So unless the OC dials up a great play or Allen buys time Davis isn’t getting the football.

Davis has numerous toe drag and deep pass plays, very difficult to make

He's a playmaker 

Big Game Gabe

The drops can and will be corrected. Gabe Davis will look like Tee Higgins 

Edited by JerseyBills
  • Like (+1) 3
  • Dislike 1

2 minutes ago, JerseyBills said:

He's a playmaker 

Big Game Gabe

Scramble drill toe drag catches. Gabe Davis will never ever look like Tee Higgins.

He’s not a playmaker. Zero YAC. Poor contested catch rating.

Edited by Buffalo_Stampede
  • Dislike 2

1 hour ago, JerseyBills said:

He's a playmaker 

Big Game Gabe

I find it ironic he is called “Big Game Gabe”.  Because he is literally exactly that…one big game a season where he has literally only 3 career 100 yard games, one in each season.  He has literally never had more than 1 game with a 100 yards in any season.

And in 7 playoff games, he’s only had 2 big games.  KC last year and Miami this year.  

This is a classic case where the lore of one game (KC) creates this inflated reputation that isn’t really accurate.

• Like (+1) 3

gabe davis  48 catches on 93 targets = 51.6%

dawson knox 48 catches on 65 targets = 73.8%

mckenzie 42 catches on 65 targets = 64.6%

stephon diggs 108 catches on 154 targets = 70.1

jamar chase 87 catches on 134 targets 65.0%

tee higgins 74 catches on 109 targets = 67.9%

tyler boyd 58 catches on 82 targets = 70.7%

hayden hurst 52 catches on 68 targets = 76.5

• Like (+1) 1

On 3/24/2023 at 9:36 AM, Scott7975 said:

Diggs was 3-4 years younger than Hopkins is now when we gave up a first for him.

Dont care, winning is all that matters.

He's better than any receiver in the draft and most in the NFL. 

Allen, white and Edmunds are the only first round picks that have panned out so far and Edmunds is now gone.

Id rather have proven elite talent that would probably be here just as long as whoever we may pick in the first.

• Eyeroll 2

2 hours ago, Buffalo Barbarian said:

Id rather have proven elite talent that would probably be here just as long as whoever we may pick in the first.

How do you figure? Whoever we take in the 1st we have for 4 years automatically, 5 years if we want it. And for pennies on the Hopkins dollar.

Hopkins turns 31 before the start of the year and is only under a (massive) 2 year contract.

There's no telling when he'll fall off. Could be within the next 2 years for all we know. Even if we did sign him to an extension and kept him for 5 years, he'd be 36 at the end of it. WR's don't stay "Elite" at 36. And that would cost more money than the 34.5 cap hit we'd already be on the hook for.

And you don't know who could be the next Elite WR. How many people had Justin Jefferson coming into the league at Pick 22 and immediately lighting the league on fire? Not many, but it happened. No one has the ability to say it's an impossibility for Johnson, Addison, or JSN to be just as good.

Either way, you don't take on a 31 year old WR's 34.5 million dollar cap hit over 2 years AND give up a 1st Round Pick to do it. You just don't.

Edited by BillsFanForever19
  • Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 1

4 hours ago, The Red King said:

Weren't people already saying last off-season that Davis would obviously improve his drop-rate issues this past season? 🤔

Yes. Last year was Gabe Davis prove it year. Not in his contract year. Last year I had a different approach to Gabe Davis. We had to find out about him. We found out.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

4 hours ago, papazoid said:

gabe davis  48 catches on 93 targets = 51.6%

dawson knox 48 catches on 65 targets = 73.8%

mckenzie 42 catches on 65 targets = 64.6%

stephon diggs 108 catches on 154 targets = 70.1

jamar chase 87 catches on 134 targets 65.0%

tee higgins 74 catches on 109 targets = 67.9%

tyler boyd 58 catches on 82 targets = 70.7%

hayden hurst 52 catches on 68 targets = 76.5

Enough said..

16 hours ago, MasterStrategist said:

Sorry my point was not clear.  It's all about the future cap implications to me. 

People can have different opinions, or even strategies, with hoe the future cap space should be managed.  

I'd consider myself 'moderate', not conservative, but realizing we already kicked the can on many high-$ contracts.  Voided years on Hyde, Dion, Von, and restructures on top of that.  I realize other teams are more aggressive, ie: Miami, possibly Jets with a Rodgers contract.  But to me, we've already leveraged enough future cap

If it were just us doing it I would be more on board with this... but its across the league and that Sunday ticket deal should bring cap up a **** ton.

My next point is, in 2 years we might need a mini reset anyways, Poyer Hyde Miller, Diggs isnt set in stone.  Even with all that, how bad is a 1 yr reset w/ Josh under center.  Maybe we eat $$ on skill players retiring/leaving. Josh will always have us sniffing playoffs, and we wont need a full rebuild IMO. Keep Josh, keep any pillars we have on OL/DL, 1 year reset would go a long way IF we even need it with the cap thats about to explode.  I can live w/ that. A 9-8 season isnt going to kill anyone here

14 hours ago, HappyDays said:

You know what picture you see when you look up tranquility in the dictionary?

Smart-Select-20230326-174503-Chrome.jpg

I still havent figured out how to do this on PC grrrrrrrrrrrrrr

2 minutes ago, BillsShredder83 said:

If it were just us doing it I would be more on board with this... but its across the league and that Sunday ticket deal should bring cap up a **** ton.

My next point is, in 2 years we might need a mini reset anyways, Poyer Hyde Miller, Diggs isnt set in stone.  Even with all that, how bad is a 1 yr reset w/ Josh under center.  Maybe we eat $$ on skill players retiring/leaving. Josh will always have us sniffing playoffs, and we wont need a full rebuild IMO. Keep Josh, keep any pillars we have on OL/DL, 1 year reset would go a long way IF we even need it with the cap thats about to explode.  I can live w/ that. A 9-8 season isnt going to kill anyone here

Reset sure but that’s like $50 million in cap space off the books in 4 players. We’ll be fine because we have the main piece to build around.

• Like (+1) 1

11 hours ago, Einstein said:

Allen will be in his 30’s in five years. And with his playing style, who knows how banged up he’ll be. Hate to say it, but look at how quickly Cam fell off. Allen is better, but physical play has the chance of shortening anyones career.

We need to go all-in when he’s in his 20’s.

If Beane had made the trade for Von in 2021, instead of the Rams, the Bills have a lombardi right now in my opinion. All we needed is 1 extra stop against the Chiefs. Von would have given us that.

I think ppl forget just how much Cam was running the ball in the redzone his first 5 years. He led the team in RZ carries for a few years, and there were ALOTTTT.  No attempts to slide or get out, was one of the most aggressive contact seekers in recent memory.  Josh can and does do that, but I dont think theyre in the same ball park of how often that was JMO

6 minutes ago, BillsShredder83 said:

I think ppl forget just how much Cam was running the ball in the redzone his first 5 years. He led the team in RZ carries for a few years, and there were ALOTTTT.  No attempts to slide or get out, was one of the most aggressive contact seekers in recent memory.  Josh can and does do that, but I dont think theyre in the same ball park of how often that was JMO

Hopefully Damien Harris takes over for some of those RZ carries. Josh should save those kind of heroics for the playoffs as much as possible (but he probably won't).

10 hours ago, Southern_Bills said:

Hopefully not, Gabe is what 23? 24? 

Diggs and Dhop are past 30, surely an OC can figure out how to use all 3.

And yes, I'm just as mad as everyone else Davis dropped a few balls that could have won games, doesn't mean he's trash though.

Diggs in slot, Gabe and DHop on the outside.  Gabe would absolutely be a studddddddd #3.  Its hard to be a #2 and only have deep routes. Look how many times Brandin Cooks has been traded, theyre just low % plays by nature

25 minutes ago, Buffalo_Stampede said:

Reset sure but that’s like $50 million in cap space off the books in 4 players. We’ll be fine because we have the main piece to build around.

I think people who say well be in cap trouble 2 years out have rebuild in their heads. we arent nor would we be the Rams. a reset year now is more fun than any season we had 15yrs before josh. as long as hes here, FAs will want to come here. we'll always be competitive

3 minutes ago, DaBillsFanSince1973 said:

hover over the name. click on ignore.ignore.thumb.jpg.db5d026e4ad32aecd9a100b92e89ec42.jpg

You are a saint doing Gods work lol THANK YOU!!!!!!!

• Like (+1) 1