Will DeAndre Hopkins be available this offseason?

NeverOutNick

3 minutes ago, Jerboski said:

If they allow the chiefs to snake this deal from them, you have to wonder if beane and Sean are the guys 

If the Chiefs take the deal, good for them. It has nothing to do with whether beane and Sean are the guys. It just means the deal wasn't going to work for them. And they moved on.  

• Disagree 1
  • Agree 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

20 minutes ago, DaBillsFanSince1973 said:

If the Chiefs take the deal, good for them. It has nothing to do with whether beane and Sean are the guys. It just means the deal wasn't going to work for them. And they moved on. 

Exactly. And if the Chiefs do land him, he'll be added to a WR core currently headlined by Kadarius Toney and Skyy Moore, after losing JuJu Smith-Schuster and Mecole Hardman. Addition and Upgrade to WR1, but to a core that has faced substantial reductions.

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, wppete said:

This is great news.

in the end who knows how anything shakes out, I still think Mike Evans might be on the block as well and I'm not sure we are done with WR. I still lead towards a proven commodity at this point....

39 minutes ago, DaBillsFanSince1973 said:

You either make the moves or you don’t 

running it back as is means another second round exit 

18 minutes ago, BillsFanForever19 said:

Exactly. And if the Chiefs do land him, he'll be added to a WR core currently headlined by Kadarius Toney and Skyy Moore, after losing JuJu Smith-Schuster and Mecole Hardman. Addition and Upgrade to WR1, but to a core that has faced substantial reductions.

We said the exact thing when hill left and how did that play out 

25 minutes ago, Jerboski said:

We said the exact thing when hill left and how did that play out 

Right. They lost Hill and replaced him with Schuster. 

The point is, if they do the trade, they'll be adding Hopkins but will have lost Schuster and Hardman. Adding one maybe elite WR, but also losing two very good WR's that have hurt us.

So i'm not buying the idea that the Chiefs will become so much more superpowered than they were last year and adding Hopkins means "we're doomed", can never possibly hope to beat them, and it's a total failure if we don't stop it from happening.

Edited by BillsFanForever19
  • Like (+1) 1

40 minutes ago, BillsFanForever19 said:

Right. They lost Hill and replaced him with Schuster. 

The point is, if they do the trade, they'll be adding Hopkins but will have lost Schuster and Hardman. Adding one maybe elite WR, but also losing two very good WR's that have hurt us.

So i'm not buying the idea that the Chiefs will become so much more superpowered than they were last year and adding Hopkins means "we're doomed", can never possibly hope to beat them, and it's a total failure if we don't stop it from happening.

At what point is beane and Sean on the hook for closing the gap? Running it back will mean a second round exit again so tell me what we are doing to close the gap this year? 

• Eyeroll 3
  • Haha (+1) 1

5 hours ago, Reed83HOF said:

After listening to Beane's interview, they are laying in the weeds...and not out on Hopkins.

It sounded like he entirely brushed the question on hopkins away and then was like until a player signs or is traded we will be in on it. He only ruled out non-culture fits and non-scheme fits.he had a mini tirade about how only 1 out of 100 calls for trades where they actually happen and a bunch of other stuff. 

That's jmo.

Iirc, obj won't count against a comp pick because he was a ufa before the league new year.  I imagine we were the $4 mil team though lol

Why should we give credence to a dude called "ErieCountyBulls" who is following almost as many people as he has followers?

I mean, I know a guy has to start somewhere but for someone who joined Twitter in 2014, 9 years ago, those are miniscule numbers

Has this guy ever said anything else that shows credibility?

https://www.audacy.com/wgr550/sports/bills/brandon-beane-address-deandre-hopkins-speculation?utm_campaign=sharebutton&utm_medium=social&utm_source=twitter.com&utm_term=WGRAM

• Thank you (+1) 2

8 hours ago, Warriorspikes51 said:

Diggs was also known to be available for trade though? 

There had been talk the previous fall when Diggs went AWOL and got fined.  But the Vikes said "no".

When it happened, there was none of this long dragged out schtuff. Diggs tweeted something about a new beginning, Beane's people called Vikes "hey, is he available?" and the next thing we knew he was in Buffalo.

6 hours ago, BillsFanForever19 said:

No, it won't. You'll watch every game and then come here to complain and threaten. But unless you're not a true blue Bills fan and just a fair weather fan, you won't stop following the team.

I get fans wanting a Super Bowl so bad you can taste it. And yes, it's incredibly frustrating to come so close and not get there. But before Beane got here, we were in purgatory. Laughing stock of the league. It's important to keep that in perspective of where we are now.

Maybe Hopkins will happen. Maybe he won't. But there's still a lot of time left in the Offseason. Who knows what this team will look like in the Season Opener. And if it weren't for a myriad of injuries and unfortunate situations derailing the team last season, who knows what we could have been if those things didn't happen.

Who knows what we could be with the same team if those things don't happen this season.

👍🏻 

18 minutes ago, ndirish1978 said:

Happy to eat crow if I'm wrong, but I would be surprised if this gets done anytime soon, or even at all. 

It’ll happen.  Maybe not to Buffalo, but someone will trade for him.  Most likely KC

47 minutes ago, HappyDays said:

Discouraging, but is TG saying anything surprising here ? The asking price has to come down and / or a Bills player likely needs to be moved. Both would qualify as significant. Does he have any new info here , or just summarizing what we already know ? 

2 hours ago, HappyDays said:

This was obvious when the price tag came out as a "Christian McCaffrey" level trade a couple days ago. A significant development would be Arizona drastically dropping their price. 

Short of that, it's never going to happen. Beane is never going to pay a price of 2-3 picks starting with a 2nd this year AND pay 34.5 in cap over two years for a 31 year old WR. I don't care how good they looked as of last season. I don't know that any team is paying that price.

I don't believe Jerry Jeudy was ever available to be traded for even though fans clamor for it. Same goes for Mike Evans.

https://bucswire.usatoday.com/2023/02/16/nfl-news-trade-rumors-mike-evans-tampa-bay-buccaneers-free-agency/

So as of right now, it's pretty much OBJ or a 1st Round Pick as far as a legit WR addition goes. Some of you are just going to have to learn how to deal with it.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

If the Bills really go into the season with these receivers then teams will double team Diggs and he will get frustrated and have a temper tantrum and demand a trade. This is not going to end well. If you want to keep Diggs then you need another receiver

• Like (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1

44 minutes ago, Aussie Joe said:

Should I believe this?

Lots of people here only want to believe the positive Twitter posts..

Oh believe me, there's a couple posters in particular that are going to read this and say that Tim Graham doesn't know what he's talking about or that this is more proof than ever it's getting done.

But it's...

25 minutes ago, KDIGGZ said:

If the Bills really go into the season with these receivers then teams will double team Diggs and he will get frustrated and have a temper tantrum and demand a trade. This is not going to end well. If you want to keep Diggs then you need another receiver

Back to OBJ watch. Or a 1st Round WR. Hopefully it OBJ doesn't get done, one of Quentin Johnson, Jordan Addison, or Jaxon Smith-Njigba falls to us. 

• Agree 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

33 minutes ago, Aussie Joe said:

Should I believe this?

Lots of people here only want to believe the positive Twitter posts..

Well, all the positive twitter posts regarding this trade were nothing more than rumors in the first place. So yeah, you can believe Graham’s rumor too.

• Like (+1) 1

57 minutes ago, BillsSbSoon said:

And probably straight to Kansas City he goes

He's not.  KC isn't going to trade high draft picks and pick up that contract.  I assure you, KC isn't his destination.  The only vet WR KC is in on, is OBJ...and that's only if they can wait him out and get him cheap.

• Like (+1) 2

17 minutes ago, Zerovoltz said:

He's not.  KC isn't going to trade high draft picks and pick up that contract.  I assure you, KC isn't his destination.  The only vet WR KC is in on, is OBJ...and that's only if they can wait him out and get him cheap.

I honestly think Hopkins is going to be a Cardinal this year. The price tag they're asking for says they're not really willing to trade him. If they were motivated to move him, they wouldn't set the price so high.

No one is going to give up "Christian McCaffrey" trade compensation for a 31 year old WR on a massive two year cap hit. I don't care how good he's been. That's too much for a guy who could lose a step at any moment.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Disagree 1

1 hour ago, HappyDays said:

and why is this opinion any more valid than others.....or obvious

clearly dhop is available in a trade

clearly the bills have a need

beane admitted they made a call and anything beyond that he is not allowed to talk about a player under contract with another team

arizona has set a value on dhop, nobody has yet been willing to meet it

there is no immediate deadline.....so the negotiation dance continues

now, where were we.....oh yea, on the way to 200

Edited by papazoid
  • Eyeroll 2

1 hour ago, papazoid said:

and why is this opinion any more valid than others.....or obvious

clearly dhop is available in a trade

clearly the bills have a need

beane admitted they made a call and anything beyond that he is not allowed to talk about a player under contract with another team

arizona has set a value on dhop, nobody has yet been willing to meet it

there is no immediate deadline.....so the negotiation dance continues

now, where were we.....oh yea, on the way to 200

It's more valid because it's a BILLS Beat Reporter, who is *actually* seriously connected to the team and has covered them for 15 years, outright saying they won't be trading for him. He wouldn't say it like that unless it was confirmed to him.

Not a beat reporter from the Texans. Not some rando on Twitter. It's Tim Graham. If you don't know who Tim Graham is and why his word means more than ErieCountyBulls - I don't even know what to say.

As for Beane, he didn't just say he looked into it and they can't talk about him because he's on another team. He made a point to say that Social Media blows things out of proportion. He didn't have to say that and probably wouldn't have if things were serious. That was specifically done to let fans know it wasn't as serious as everyone around here thinks or hopes.

Combine all of this with their reported asking price that we were never and will never pay - it's time to face reality. We probably made a call last Wednesday when it was being reported they weren't going to get much and when we found out what the actual price was, that was that.

• Thank you (+1) 3