Will DeAndre Hopkins be available this offseason?

NeverOutNick

8 minutes ago, BananaB said:

Davis had a bad year and proved we can’t go into next season with him as our #2.  Do you have faith in this staff drafting a player that can contribute right away, I sure the ***** don’t. We gotta bring in vets because our draft picks ain’t getting the job done. I think thats a big problem, our young players just don’t contribute and their development is way too long.  I think a lot of that has a lot to do with McD and him being so fearful of mistakes. Some players have shown promise but McD sticks with the vet even when they are underperforming. 

I'll repeat myself again, I have no problem getting another #2 wr. I have issue with what Hopkins cost.

I do believe this staff can draft a player that can contribute right away. BUT, I also belive that a new player has to earn the spot and beat the incumbent for play time. I like this approach.

They showed it with Ford (cough), Groot, Oliver, Benford as well several others They are willing to start you if you earned it. As long as the NFL season is and the level of competition is much higher, just throwing a rookie onto the field because they were drafted at a certain point is asking for failure. Confidence is important and shouldn't be taken lightly. 

Promise is one thing, performance is another. Think about it. If we put Elam out there and he was going against Hill and had a hard time or Shakir and he had a couple of drops. Would you be saying the same thing? He shows Promise or would you be complaing about them not making (or performing) on the play? 

So many people are out for instant gratification. Slow down and enjoy the ride a little. Life is about the journey, not the destination. 😉

5 minutes ago, Green Lightning said:

Been following the team since 1963. I'm ready for the destination.  :)

No kidding...Just one before I expire....unless God has YouTubeTV with the streaming package or errrrrrrr the other guy has YouTubeTV with the streaming package 😈 (more likely in my case)..

• Haha (+1) 2

If Beane is serious about winning the SB and actually has a head on his shoulders, he will figure out how to get DHop on a team-friendly deal.  A reliable #2 to consistently move the sticks is what Allen needs.

DHop is probably like Von -- willing to get creative with a deal that pushes money down the road to when he retires with his rings. This needs to happen.

• Like (+1) 1

6 minutes ago, LyndonvilleBill said:

Had a feeling some old coot would say this.🤣🤣

Not quite where you are but since the early 70s. 😉

Born and raised in B-lo and now in Rochester. Old but not cootish, and want to see a championship in B-lo before some Gen Z is feeding me oatmeal at the home.

• Haha (+1) 1

https://sports.yahoo.com/hefty-price-cardinals-reportedly-want-192451574.html

If there is a team willing to pay a "Christian McCaffrey" level deal - it most certainly won't be us.

Initial reports that they were looking for a Cooks level deal or less was surely what made us look into it. But if all this is true that they've since jacked their price up to even higher than before, that's it for us 

It's been said we were interested "at the right price". This isn't that.

Edited by BillsFanForever19
  • Agree 1

33 minutes ago, LyndonvilleBill said:

I'll repeat myself again, I have no problem getting another #2 wr. I have issue with what Hopkins cost.

I do believe this staff can draft a player that can contribute right away. BUT, I also belive that a new player has to earn the spot and beat the incumbent for play time. I like this approach.

They showed it with Ford (cough), Groot, Oliver, Benford as well several others They are willing to start you if you earned it. As long as the NFL season is and the level of competition is much higher, just throwing a rookie onto the field because they were drafted at a certain point is asking for failure. Confidence is important and shouldn't be taken lightly. 

Promise is one thing, performance is another. Think about it. If we put Elam out there and he was going against Hill and had a hard time or Shakir and he had a couple of drops. Would you be saying the same thing? He shows Promise or would you be complaing about them not making (or performing) on the play? 

So many people are out for instant gratification. Slow down and enjoy the ride a little. Life is about the journey, not the destination. 😉

Go back and watch the first Miami game and tell me Kaiir did when put to that challenge. 

McD also liked what Nate Peterman showed in practice, so I’m sorry if I don’t fully trust judging a player by earning it in practice. The guys that have stepped in and showed potential on Sunday have usually taken a back seat to veterans when they returned from injury. And the CB rotation at the end of last season was total bull#### and proof MCD loves his vets. 

Edited by BananaB

43 minutes ago, BillsFanForever19 said:

Again - he said he expects it but only if Arizona drops their price. That's no guarantee.

Article from Bleacher Report yesterday says they're waiting for leverage, which logic would say waiting until after teams have missed out on WR's in the Draft and are more desperate.

https://bleacherreport.com/articles/10069916-report-cardinals-broncos-waiting-for-leverage-in-deandre-hopkins-jerry-jeudy-trade

the report on ESPN said other teams do expect a trade in the near future

• Eyeroll 1

9 minutes ago, Warriorspikes51 said:

For the third time - that's not what was said. The exact quote was:

"Talking to other teams around the league, they do expect something to shake out with a Hopkins trade with Arizona in the near future - but Arizona would have to come off their asking price. I've talked to teams who say that Arizona has wanted a second-round pick and more, almost like a Christian McCaffrey package that you saw during the season last year ... Teams aren't willing to do that as of yet"

There's no saying that Arizona will move from their asking price. And if that doesn't happen, a deal will not come in the near future. One thing's absolutely for sure - if a team does meet that price, it won't be us.

Again. From the video: 

“talking to other teams  around the league they do expect something to shake out with a Hopkins trade with Arizona in the near future”

11 minutes ago, BillsFanForever19 said:

For the third time - that's not what was said. The exact quote was:

"Talking to other teams around the league, they do expect something to shake out with a Hopkins trade with Arizona in the near future - but Arizona would have to come off their asking price. I've talked to teams who say that Arizona has wanted a second-round pick and more, almost like a Christian McCaffrey package that you saw during the season last year ... Teams aren't willing to do that as of yet"

There's no saying that Arizona will move from their asking price. And if that doesn't happen, a deal will not come in the near future. One thing's absolutely for sure - if a team does meet that price, it won't be us.

you ignored the first part of the quote….

”Talking to other teams around the league they do expect something to shake out with a Hopkins trade with Arizona in the near future

Edited by Warriorspikes51

1 hour ago, BillsFanForever19 said:

Again - he said he expects it but only if Arizona drops their price. That's no guarantee.

Article from Bleacher Report yesterday says they're waiting for leverage, which logic would say waiting until after teams have missed out on WR's in the Draft and are more desperate.

https://bleacherreport.com/articles/10069916-report-cardinals-broncos-waiting-for-leverage-in-deandre-hopkins-jerry-jeudy-trade

They will not wait until after the draft. They'll want draft capital this year.

14 minutes ago, Warriorspikes51 said:

Again. From the video: 

“talking to other teams  around the league they do expect something to shake out with a Hopkins trade with Arizona in the near future”

you ignored the first part of the quote….

”Talking to other teams around the league they do expect something to shake out with a Hopkins trade with Arizona in the near future

I have not ignored it. But you can't just take one part of a statement and ignore the other. That's not the complete statement. The complete statement was they expect something in the near future BUT that Arizona would have to come off their asking price.

I could say "you'll become president but only if it snows in hell" and you'd read that as you're becoming president.

• Haha (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, 2020 Our Year For Sure said:

They will not wait until after the draft. They'll want draft capital this year.

The can want in one hand and crap in the other and see which fills up first. We should offer the Bucs and a package for Mike Evans and see what happens. 

3 minutes ago, ndirish1978 said:

The can want in one hand and crap in the other and see which fills up first. We should offer the Bucs and a package for Mike Evans and see what happens. 

Good idea….but I’d rather have Hopkins. Better hands than Evans. I view Evans as a completed version of Gabe Davis

Edited by Warriorspikes51

The only way this is happening for us in the near future is if Arizona comes off their asking price in the near future. Simple as that.

As it stands right now, looking for a Christian McCaffrey style deal of multiple picks starting with a 2nd plus a complete taking of a 31 year old WR's massive contract - Beane will not and cannot do that.

We got involved a few days ago when the story was that they'd have to take less than what Houston got for Brandon Cooks. Since then there's been nothing and today it's that they're now asking for more than they ever have.

This is why there's been nothing and will continue to be nothing, unless that price changes.

• Agree 1

40 minutes ago, Warriorspikes51 said:

You absolutely reek of desperation about this entire thing....

Scrapping to find any random person tweeting about the Bills being involved...then deciding which people tweeting you will believe, now... picking parts of someone's statement and twisting to fit your narrative.

At some point you'll wise up and realize this trade won't happen for us, then you can decide whether to blame Beane or understand we have other ways to improve (draft).

• Agree 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Warriorspikes51 said:

that account did have the David Edwards signing before anyone else

Would LOVE this to be true, but I don’t have any faith in this account. 

Let’s be honest, any of us could have called the Edwards signing. He was in town for a visit, not exactly calling a shot out of left field. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 2

1 minute ago, TOboy said:

Let’s be honest, any of us could have called the Edwards signing. He was in town for a visit, not exactly calling a shot out of left field. 

I bet you don't believe in Santa, either.

• Agree 1
  • Haha (+1) 2

I just checked one of the Patriots boards, talking about the prospect of Hopkins going to the Bills.

Honestly - it would almost be worth mortgaging much of the future just to see them melt down about it.

Not quite, though. If the Bills pull it off, I hope it's in a reasonable way.

• Like (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, TOboy said:

well, he hasn’t been wrong yet at least. With the Edwards signing he stated the night before it happened he was told we agreed to terms