Will DeAndre Hopkins be available this offseason?

NeverOutNick

17 minutes ago, Bobby Hooks said:

Actually Davis is an average if not above average #2. Not many teams have a complimentary receiver like the Bengals and Dolphins. 

With that said would I love to add Nuk and get in that conversation with the Bengals and Dolphins? Yes, very much yes. 

I think someone earlier in the thread posted he was rated #100 WR which is a low #3.

2 hours ago, SCBills said:

Whoever leaked this is trying to compare a 26-year old RB whose 3 best seasons averaged 2,080 yards and 15 TDs per against a 30-year old WR whose 3 best years averaged 1,486 yards and 9TDs? And you can't use CMC injuries as an excuse that it evens things out, when DHop has missed 15 games over the last two years due to injury/suspension (despite being healthy for most of his career prior---but he is also 30 now).

No doubt these are both great players, and I would love to have DHop on the Bills, if it works out (at the right price)...but this comparison is beyond ridiculous. DHop is not worth the same as CMC in trade value...and no one is buying that.

2 hours ago, Buffalo03 said:

That quote isn't exactly right. He posts the actual video in the tweet below:

Jeremy Fowler says Arizona is asking for "a 2nd round pick and more." He uses the McCaffrey trade as an example, he does not say Arizona wants a 2nd and a 3rd. So this isn't new information. The report all along has been that Hopkins is available for a 2nd rounder plus a conditional pick.

As I said earlier if Beane is playing a game of chicken and waiting until Arizona drops their asking price closer to the draft, that's fine. But if he ultimately has to lose the game of chicken to acquire a true WR2 then he should just do it. A brief history of Bills 2nd round picks in the McDermott era:

James Cook

Boogie Basham

AJ Epenesa

Cody Ford

Zay Jones

Dion Dawkins

Dawkins is the only player on that list where you would take his career with the Bills over two years of DeAndre Hopkins.

This hasn't been said enough - does everyone realize Gabe Davis cost us the #1 seed last year? He dropped a TD in the Dolphins loss. He dropped that ridiculous 70 yard pass on 4th and 21 in the Jets loss which at the very least put us into position to tie the game. And then against the Bengals in the playoffs when we still had a fighting chance he dropped a 3rd down deep throw which effectively ended the game for us. All of that plus he had trouble separating most of the year.

So just know if you don't want the Bills to give up a 2nd for Hopkins, you're signing up for another year of that. I don't get it.

• Like (+1) 3
  • Agree 3
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, HappyDays said:

Jeremy Fowler says Arizona is asking for "a 2nd round pick and more." He uses the McCaffrey trade as an example, he does not say Arizona wants a 2nd and a 3rd. So this isn't new information. The report all along has been that Hopkins is available for a 2nd rounder plus a conditional pick.

As I said earlier if Beane is playing a game of chicken and waiting until Arizona drops their asking price closer to the draft, that's fine. But if he ultimately has to lose the game of chicken to acquire a true WR2 then he should just do it. A brief history of Bills 2nd round picks in the McDermott era:

James Cook

Boogie Basham

AJ Epenesa

Cody Ford

Zay Jones

Dion Dawkins

Dawkins is the only player on that list where you would take his career with the Bills over two years of DeAndre Hopkins.

This hasn't been said enough - does everyone realize Gabe Davis cost us the #1 seed last year? He dropped a TD in the Dolphins loss. He dropped that ridiculous 70 yard pass on 4th and 21 in the Jets loss which at the very least put us into position to tie the game. And then against the Bengals in the playoffs when we still had a fighting chance he dropped a 3rd down deep throw which effectively ended the game for us. All of that plus he had trouble separating most of the year.

So just know if you don't want the Bills to give up a 2nd for Hopkins, you're signing up for another year of that. I don't get it.

thanks for getting this back on topic. Great post bro. 1000% agree with you

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

10 minutes ago, ndirish1978 said:

Yep, new GM is asking for the moon. If this gets done at all, it won't be soon

actually if you listen to the video Fowler states “talking to other teams  around the league they do expect something to shake out with a Hopkins trade with Arizona in the near future

Based on what Fowler said in the video clip, my guess is other teams believe Arizona is just posturing and will soon accept the current best offer

Edited by Warriorspikes51
  • Like (+1) 1

6 minutes ago, Warriorspikes51 said:

actually if you listen to the video Fowler states “talking to other teams  around the league they do expect it to shake out with a Hopkins trade in the near future”

With the owners meetings convening in Arizona, it would make sense that this might get done in the next couple of days with everyone together out there.

• Agree 1

13 minutes ago, HappyDays said:

James Cook

Boogie Basham

AJ Epenesa

Cody Ford

Zay Jones

Dion Dawkins

I blame Josh for not having the #1 seed. Couldn't throw a ball to a WIDE OPEN McKenzie in the Miami game, the fumble in the end zone against Minny and the stupid int's in the red zone. I blame Dorsey for not forcing Josh to use the short game and take what was available. I blame Frazier for not playing more press. I blame injuries, one heck of a challenging year inside and outside of football. 

There's a lot of blame to go around, but everyone just dumps on Davis. Did he drop passes he should have caught? Sure. But it wasn't all his fault for where we ended.

• Like (+1) 3
  • Disagree 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, Cotton Fitzsimmons said:

With the owners meetings convening in Arizona, it would make sense that this might get done in the next couple of days with everyone together out there.

agreed. Hopefully for us. A 4th and a 5th in different drafts seems like a fair compromise

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, LyndonvilleBill said:

I blame Josh for not having the #1 seed. Couldn't throw a ball to a WIDE OPEN McKenzie in the Miami game, the fumble in the end zone against Minny and the stupid int's in the red zone. I blame Dorsey for not forcing Josh to use the short game and take what was available. I blame Frazier for not playing more press. I blame injuries, one heck of a challenging year inside and outside of football. 

There's a lot of blame to go around, but everyone just dumps on Davis. Did he drop passes he should have caught? Sure. But it wasn't all his fault for where we ended.

I agree. but wait.. someone will chime in and take 1 dr's words that JA could chuck the ball 60 yards down the field easier than a 3 yard pass... 

30 minutes ago, HappyDays said:

James Cook

Boogie Basham

AJ Epenesa

Cody Ford

Zay Jones

Dion Dawkins

So your assuming Cook is a nobody?   sorry but can't agree with you on that one

1 minute ago, PrimeTime101 said:

I agree. but wait.. someone will chime in and take 1 dr's words that JA could chuck the ball 60 yards down the field easier than a 3 yard pass... 

Probably. I almost put it in another thread about unpopular opinions. I probably should have put a PS. In there also stating he is the reason we won other games, but probably would have been ignored with the rest of it.😂

• Like (+1) 2

Just now, LyndonvilleBill said:

Probably. I almost put it in another thread about unpopular opinions. I probably should have put a PS. In there also stating he is the reason we won other games, but probably would have been ignored with the rest of it.😂

HA HA! glad we cleared that up! lol. someone with a head on their shoulders... I LIKE IT! lol!

Cheers

• Thank you (+1) 1

5 minutes ago, LyndonvilleBill said:

I'm not saying Davis singlehandedly cost us the #1 seed. But we're talking about upgradeable spots on the team. Allen isn't upgradeable. Dorsey isn't getting replaced. Frazier is already gone.

I'm not complaining about Davis just to complain. We have a real opportunity to upgrade a part of the offense that was a major factor in why we fell short last year. Playing the blame game is missing the point. I'm focusing on something the Bills can actually control.

• Like (+1) 3
  • Agree 1

2 minutes ago, gordong said:

So your assuming Cook is a nobody?   sorry but can't agree with you on that one

No, I was going to mention that Cook is the one player on that list where the jury is still out, but my post was getting long enough so I left it out. But considering Cook is a RB he would have to have a great career, something approaching Saquon Barkley, or at worst Ezekiel Elliott, for me to consider his career value greater than a couple years of DeAndre Hopkins. My overall point is that a 2nd round pick isn't nearly as valuable as all the hemming and hawing over it would have you believe. The cap space issue I am a little more sensitive to.

• Like (+1) 2

Just now, HappyDays said:

No, I was going to mention that Cook is the one player on that list where the jury is still out, but my post was getting long enough so I left it out. But considering Cook is a RB he would have to have a great career, something approaching Saquon Barkley, or at worst Ezekiel Elliott, for me to consider his career value greater than a couple years of DeAndre Hopkins. My overall point is that a 2nd round pick isn't nearly as valuable as all the hemming and hawing over it would have you believe. The cap space issue I am a little more sensitive to.

I would agree with you only one way.. if in one of the two years we win a superbowl. 

6 minutes ago, HappyDays said:

If you want to believe what these Twitter guys say.,, Beane has already provided the best offer… he shouldn’t be bidding against himself..

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Aussie Joe said:

If you want to believe what these Twitter guys say.,, Beane has already provided the best offer… he shouldn’t be bidding against himself..

What if AZ says F it, and just holds onto Dhop without taking the Bills “best offer” . Sometimes bidding against yourself is necessary to land the deal. 

• Disagree 2

Just now, Aussie Joe said:

I agree. The new AZ GM's ask is too much, doesn't matter if in a vacuum one can argue Hopkins as a player is worth a 2nd round pick. And if you are asking the Bills to absorb most or all of Hopkins' contract, the price has got to come down. No one is paying that.

• Like (+1) 1

Just now, Dr. Who said:

I agree. The new AZ GM's ask is too much, doesn't matter if in a vacuum one can argue Hopkins as a player is worth a 2nd round pick. And if you are asking the Bills to absorb most or all of Hopkins' contract, the price has got to come down. No one is paying that.

Then AZ just says ok Dhop, we are keeping you regardless of how you feel. Nobody wins. Bills lose out on a golden opportunity and we run it back. Sigh. 

2 minutes ago, IronMaidenBills said:

What if AZ says F it, and just holds onto Dhop without taking the Bills “best offer” . Sometimes bidding against yourself is necessary to land the deal. 

Beane should stomp his feet and demand Arizona throw in some magically delicious breakfast cereal and then give up five firsts.

Just now, Aussie Joe said:

What happens? 

Jeudy , Jeudy , Jeudy…

Lol Denver just lost a WR to an injury. I doubt they trade Jeudy now. It’s either Hopkins or we roll into the draft. 

2 minutes ago, 4merper4mer said:

Beane should stomp his feet and demand Arizona throw in some magically delicious breakfast cereal and then give up five firsts.

We want Hopkins! Just say no to running it back. Running it back is bad kids, don’t do it. 

Just now, IronMaidenBills said:

Then AZ just says ok Dhop, we are keeping you regardless of how you feel. Nobody wins. Bills lose out on a golden opportunity and we run it back. Sigh. 

Yep, it might be that. Folks who say make lemonade when life gives you lemons are taking refuge in a cheap aphorism. The possible doesn't always present you with a good option. But in reality, the Bills don't have to invest all the early picks on D. They could invest an early pick in a WR and hope to get lucky. I like Dalton Kincaid as a dangerous offensive weapon at TE in a year where the WR pool doesn't look that great. Or maybe you wait it out and see if the AZ GM decides to be a tad more reasonable.

25 minutes ago, LyndonvilleBill said:

Football is a team sport, I get it.  But Davis flat out can’t be relied on in the clutch.  His drop of the ball against the Jets with 35 seconds left, the one that hit him between the numbers, would have most likely gotten us the W and the #1 seed.  As of now, Davis is a #3 at best.  I hope that changes, but you can’t gamble on not having a #2 like we did last year.  

• Like (+1) 1
  • Eyeroll 1
  • Disagree 1
  • Agree 1

1 minute ago, Aussie Joe said:

Ok… I don’t want a GM that is just going to pay whatever it takes to acquire players 

95/100 scenarios I agree. But where we are at today, this type of aggression is warranted. Nobody is guarding both Diggs and Hopkins. Beane needs to stop over thinking it and realize that we are unstoppable with Hopkins drawing attention away from Diggs. It’s a no brainer. 

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, IronMaidenBills said:

95/100 scenarios I agree. But where we are at today, this type of aggression is warranted. Nobody is guarding both Diggs and Hopkins. Beane needs to stop over thinking it and realize that we are unstoppable with Hopkins drawing attention away from Diggs. It’s a no brainer. 

Man.. relax…see what happens …

This could drag out to draft day…

in a negotiation .. you don’t just cave into the demands from the other side straight away 

Edited by Aussie Joe