Will DeAndre Hopkins be available this offseason?

NeverOutNick

2 minutes ago, BigdaddyinOrlando said:

Yeah, plus they appear to be hitting the reset button. You want and need draft currency asap and next year picks do nothing, next year picks come in after a June 1 trade.

can’t see it happening 

Yeah I hear what u are saying. The fans on that board tho seemed like they and the gm weren't worried about picks in '23. Not sure how it comes to that conclusion. 

• Like (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, HappyDays said:

No way we can upgrade the offensive line in 2023 at this point. What we have now is what it's going to be, likely with a couple draft picks added into the mix.

What's your preference for adding a true WR2? Right now the available options are Hopkins for Arizona's asking price, Jerry Jeudy for a 1st, or OBJ for whatever salary he's asking for. If reports are true that OBJ wants to play with Aaron Rodgers on the Jets that gives us just Hopkins and Jeudy as the available options. Unless you have someone else in mind?

I would prefer jeudy and using some Beane majic to make that happen
 Hopkins is s short term solution, but a viable one

no to OBJ unless he is cheap and we can dump him in a year or two. I am nervous about those injuries. And i dislike him muchly   LOL

Pick one going in to the 2023 season:

Hopkins 

Whatever pick 27 will be 

You’d take Hopkins all day.  

Obviously try to get him for less but if that’s what the Cardinals want I’m doing it.  

Doing that means much more to your aging vets in a win now mode then trusting the process with your 27th pick overall that will likely need 1 year to develop.  

So don’t scoff at trading 27.  It should be available for ANY player that adds elite talent to this team right now.   

Edited by Big Blitz
  • Disagree 3
  • Thank you (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, 3rdand12 said:

I would prefer jeudy and using some Beane majic to make that happen
 Hopkins is s short term solution, but a viable one

no to OBJ unless he is cheap and we can dump him in a year or two. I am nervous about those injuries. And i dislike him muchly   LOL

Folks are speculating that Jeudy might not be available now because of an injury to KJ Hamler. I don't know. I said upthread, I think it was this thread, somewheres, that the higher the AZ price goes for Hopkins, the more Jeudy becomes a consideration (if he's available.)

• Like (+1) 1

Just now, Dr. Who said:

Folks are speculating that Jeudy might not be available now because of an injury to KJ Hamler. I don't know. I said upthread, I think it was this thread, somewheres, that the higher the AZ price goes for Hopkins, the more Jeudy becomes a consideration (if he's available.)

Read the same. More of a wish than a potential reality ay this point.
But would be choice in "what if " world 

• Like (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, Big Blitz said:

Hopkins 

Whatever pick 27 will be 

Obviously try to get him for less but if that’s what the Cardinals want I’m doing it.  

Doing that means much more to your aging vets in a win now mode then trusting the process with your 27th pick overall that will likely need 1 year to develop.  

So don’t scoff at trading 27.  It should be available for ANY player that adds elite talent to this team right now.   

AFAIK, they’re not asking for 27. They want a 2nd.

2 minutes ago, Big Blitz said:

Hopkins 

Whatever pick 27 will be 

Doing that means much more to your aging vets in a win now more then trusting the process with your 27th pick overall that will likely need 1 year to develop.  

how about next years #1

Just now, FrenchConnection said:

AFAIK, they’re not asking for 27. They want a 2nd.

well then we offer a third and Kumerow  LOL

• Haha (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, 3rdand12 said:

how about next years #1

well then we offer a third and Kumerow  LOL

Not next years - can’t do that.  

Too high a probability compared to the last 4 years with how tough the division is going to be we might not make the playoffs - odds of that are higher. 

We could be picking in the top 15-20 next year.  

Going in to last year zero doubt we were winning the division which is why our 2023 1st should have been on the table for a deal like we’re trying to make one year too late. 

At least Beane knows the cap.   

• Disagree 1

56 minutes ago, papazoid said:

i'm just here to get to 200.....lol

seriously, the bills are one WR2 from dominating

dhop is just 1 year older than diggs. he is a legit superstar #1 WR

give josh more time (OL) and 1 more weapon and lookout !!.....all the defense needs to do is get healthy

this needs to be the year of the offense

GO BILLS !

11 minutes ago, Big Blitz said:

Hopkins 

Whatever pick 27 will be 

You guys are like a breath of fresh air. Thank goodness other people get it. 

• Like (+1) 1

7 minutes ago, HappyDays said:

No way we can upgrade the offensive line in 2023 at this point. What we have now is what it's going to be, likely with a couple draft picks added into the mix.

What's your preference for adding a true WR2? Right now the available options are Hopkins for Arizona's asking price, Jerry Jeudy for a 1st, or OBJ for whatever salary he's asking for. If reports are true that OBJ wants to play with Aaron Rodgers on the Jets that gives us just Hopkins and Jeudy as the available options. Unless you have someone else in mind?

I believe Risner is still available? We could add him for less than the cap hit for Hopkins and still have our draft picks.

I'm not really hight on OBJ, but again, could probably get him and still keep our picks.

It may cost a 1st for Juedy, but he still has a year on his rookie deal if I remember correctly and he is probably better wr than what would be available in the draft to us.🤔

I was thinking Chark, but that option sailed. 

Personally, if I were Beane,  I'd also reach out to the Colts and see if they are willing to part ways with Pittman. Seeing they were thinking of trading him to move up. MAYBE, there is something there? New regime, last year of his rookie deal and they got Pierce last draft. Maybe they could use an extra pick to move up to secure a qb (not get jumped), or maybe the new coach's flexibility with a new scheme? Just thinking outside the box here. 

• Like (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, Virgil said:

The trade will be official when this hits page 142. 

Book it 

Some prophet you are. You said 114 before. This is like those fellas who read the Book of Revelation and set a date for the end of the world. When it doesn't happen, they recalculate.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

11 minutes ago, Dr. Who said:

I think I’ve come to this conclusion too. Honestly too much noise. Last years with Von it was all about Chandler Jones, Chandler Jones then we swooped in and got a better player. 

I’m not saying Jeudy is better just more interesting to me being so much younger. 

• Like (+1) 2

8 minutes ago, Dr. Who said:

Some prophet you are. You said 114 before. This is like those fellas who read the Book of Revelation and set a date for the end of the world. When it doesn't happen, they recalculate.

He's not recalculating.  He's just using a base system other than 10

• Haha (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

1 minute ago, IronMaidenBills said:

Jeudy hasn’t proven much better than Davis. They had near identical stats last year. 

D Hop last 2 years - 572 and 717 yards

You do realise that the D Hop that’s available is the 2023 version right? We aren’t trading for 2018 D Hop

2 minutes ago, Dr. Who said:

I'd be mildly amused if it turns out you are related to Monti Ossenfort.

Nah, I just realize that Hopkins has put up fantastic career numbers while having a big double team rate. Pairing him with Diggs would likely give him plenty of 1 on 1 matchups with Allen throwing to him being the cherry on top. It’s like a major LE storm. You see the potential days out and you know it’s going to absolutely crush. It’s literally the perfect storm, and I’m here for it. 

• Like (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, Aussie Joe said:

You do realise that the D Hop that’s available is the 2023 version right? We aren’t trading for 2018 D Hop

Shame on you. This is such disingenuous it’s criminal. Missed out on 6 and 8 games respectively with only 42 rec and 64 rec. 

1 minute ago, LyndonvilleBill said:

With what QB's? Have to think he would be even better with Diggs and Allen on his side.

Wilson isn’t some slob, look what numbers he had in Seattle with real WRs. 

• Thank you (+1) 1

Just now, IronMaidenBills said:

Nah, I just realize that Hopkins has put up fantastic career numbers while having a big double team rate. Pairing him with Diggs would likely give him plenty of 1 on 1 matchups with Allen throwing to him being the cherry on top. It’s like a major LE storm. You see the potential days out and you know it’s going to absolutely crush. It’s literally the perfect storm, and I’m here for it. 

I understand your sales pitch. Over in another thread, I was defending you as actually a rational human being (don't make me regret it.)

You can't really anticipate the future. Someone might get hurt, for example. But yes, I agree they are a formidable pair.

I'm not sure AZ really wants to trade him. You can put an unrealistic price tag if what you really want is to say "we tried" and keep the fella.

I wouldn't call their bluff by paying even more. Wait them out and get him for a fair price, especially if it involves taking on the full salary.

• Thank you (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, IronMaidenBills said:

• Like (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

20 minutes ago, Big Blitz said:

Not next years - can’t do that.  

Too high a probability compared to the last 4 years with how tough the division is going to be we might not make the playoffs - odds of that are higher. 

We could be picking in the top 15-20 next year.  

Going in to last year zero doubt we were winning the division which is why our 2023 1st should have been on the table for a deal like we’re trying to make one year too late. 

At least Beane knows the cap.   

Disagree about any back sliding my friend. We will again be in the conversation for SB

Just now, IronMaidenBills said:

A one off suspension and an injury. A total non issue. Did you not watch his return last year? Didn’t miss a step and the hoodie was salivating over him on the sidelines. 

That’s why there is so much interest in him right? 

3 minutes ago, IronMaidenBills said:

Wilson isn’t some slob, look what numbers he had in Seattle with real WRs. 

Did you see Wilson play at all last season? Do you think he played well? Did you see Geno play?

I think he was in a good system in Seattle that made him look better than he is. In any event, he is NOT Allen.

5 minutes ago, Aussie Joe said:

D Hop last 2 years - 10 games and 9 games.  Last year he averaged 79.7 ypg, which is just a bit better than his career average of 77.9 or his Zona average of 77 (but down a bit from 78.2 in HOU)

The question comes down to the injury history etc. 

In 2021, he was bothered by a series of nagging injuries - ribs, hamstring, and then finally an MCL tear.

Last season, he missed the first 6 games because he was suspended for PED use, then was injured again and did not play in the last 2 games due to a "grade 1 knee sprain" (grade 1 means no tearing) - whether he could have gone if the games meant something, we won't know.

But, he'll also be 32, an age when the length of the football season takes its toll and injuries start to mount.

If anyone is interested, Draft Sharks gives his injury history, and calculates his chance of an injury at 58% for next season, with the projection he'll miss 3 games.

https://www.draftsharks.com/fantasy/injury-history/deandre-hopkins/6679

The new guy a lot of folks are enthusiastic about has recurring hammy problems, btw