Kansas City Chiefs @ Las Vegas Raiders 1/7/23 4:30pm

T&C

14 minutes ago, John from Riverside said:

The Raiders have everything they need in order to beat Kansas City a solid running game decent offense of line good wide receivers

Crosby on the defense is a menace

Let it be the early game today:

Ross Tucker
@RossTuckerNFL

Going to guarantee a team with "nothing to play for" wins one of these "meaningless" games against a team with a lot at stake because it happens EVERY year. 

Who will it be?
9:56 AM · Jan 7, 2023

• Agree 1

15 hours ago, Miyagi-Do Karate said:

Let me remind you how these regular season chiefs games go:

1) chiefs mostly play bad

2) other team makes boneheaded play at the end

3) chiefs win by 3

I couldn’t believe that stupid David Mills run/fumble in OT against the Chiefs. You get that far and piss it away on a QB scramble. That was hard to watch. 

• Agree 3

There is no way the Chiefs lose this game.  No way possible.  Nope.  The Raiders can't beat them at all. 

Just won't happen.

Curse applied.

Now to text my brother the Chiefs fan, and my friend the Raiders fan.

• Like (+1) 2

52 minutes ago, zow2 said:

I think the Raiders get er done today. I really do. i definitely put an online bet in for LV +9.5.

Maybe it’s wishful thinking but i’m banking on the due theory.  KC is 15-0 with Mahomes in AFC West road games. That simply has to correct itself at some point. Let today be the day.

That's not how this works you're supposed to bet $5000 on the Chiefs.

18 hours ago, CoffeeDrip said:

Idk the way Chiefs fans are whining on Twitter the NFL is rigged against them and they somehow got screwed by the league in the playoff resolution they passed… 🙄

Yeah allow the Bills who gave up control of their fate with the 1 seed and the bye and the Bengals who gave up control of their fate with the 2 seed play a sad song for them on the world's smallest violin.

Sarcastic Spongebob Squarepants GIF

20 minutes ago, NyQuil said:

I’m looking forward to KC again looking beatable but some dubious calls or non calls to give them the game.

This.  KC plays sloppy.  Looks like the can lose.  Raiders drop a game changing int or refs call it back.  Chiefs march down for the game winning score.  Pretty much like every week for the Chiefs.

In the first match up between these teams the Raiders missed some golden chances.

There were at least two throws that Carr made that hit Mack Collins between the 1 and the 0 on his jersey and he barely got a hand on the ball. Such are the margins any given Sunday.

The Raiders can definitely win this game. I wish that the potential milestones for Jacobs and Adams can spur the offense and at the very least give KC a hard, physical game. Stidham will surely be motivated for another 300 plus yard passing game.

15 hours ago, starrymessenger said:

You forgot - 2b) if all else fails refs lend a big helping hand (just ask Broncos).

The Kansas City Thiefs. 

I’m betting that the Bills will not be the NFLs golden child.  With us needing to pay for a new stadium, we already were in line for a SB season, I guaranteed we will sin a SB in the next few seasons.   now add in the sympathy/storyline for Hamlin and I believe The NFL will be pulling a lot of strings for us.

The Chiefs have won 5 of the last 6 vs the Raiders ... The Raiders are due.

Stidham and the Raiders put up 30 some odd points vs a very good 49ers defense last week, they can do that vs the chiefs. Question is can they slow down Mahomes and Kelce(4 TDs last meeting)

GO RAIDERS GO

If the Chiefs win the @1 seed today, do we rest some starters tomorrow such as Josh and Poyer ?

• Like (+1) 1

17 minutes ago, frostbitmic said:

The Chiefs have won 5 of the last 6 vs the Raiders ... The Raiders are due.

Stidham and the Raiders put up 30 some odd points vs a very good 49ers defense last week, they can do that vs the chiefs. Question is can they slow down Mahomes and Kelce(4 TDs last meeting)

GO RAIDERS GO

If the Chiefs win the @1 seed today, do we rest some starters tomorrow such as Josh and Poyer ?

No. Were still playing for the 2 seed so we have no road games in the playoffs. Potential Bengals playoff game would be in Buffalo.

Edited by Bigvinny
  • Like (+1) 1

20 hours ago, T&C said:

Our last shot at the #1 seed. I'm going to make sure everything I have to do tomorrow is done by 3:30. I'm sure the Raiders would like nothing more than to end their pitiful season by knocking off their main division rival. And who's to say they can't? Go Raiders!

A good question is: where is the locker room on McDaniels right now?

Does the offense believe in Stidham? 

He did throw for 365 yds and 3 TD and take them to OT last week vs. SF

My impression is that McDaniel has lost them and it's a dumpster fire

But SF has quietly fought their way to the #2 seed in the NFC, and a team doesn't usually take an opponent like that to OT unless they believe in themselves

And their coach

So would love to be wrong.  Maybe Carr *was* the problem?

1 minute ago, Beck Water said:

But SF has quietly fought their way to the #2 seed in the NFC, and a team doesn't usually take an opponent like that to OT unless they believe in themselves

And their coach

They are still professionals who won't lay down for a division opponent. Guys are playing for their jobs.

9 minutes ago, Beck Water said:

And their coach

I think stidham runs the offense the way McDaniel wants. And KC defense is a few levels beneath SF. So I’ll give them a chance for sure. 

• Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 1

"The Autumn Wind is a pirate.
Blustering in from sea,
With a rollicking song, he sweeps along,
Swaggering boisterously.
His face is weather beaten.
He wears a hooded sash,
With a silver hat about his head,
And a bristling black mustache.

He growls as he storms the country,
A villain big and bold.
And the trees all shake and quiver and quake,
As he robs them of their gold.

The Autumn Wind is a Raider,
Pillaging just for fun.
He'll knock you 'round and upside down,
And laugh when he's conquered and won."

• Like (+1) 4
  • Thank you (+1) 1

Matt Verderame
@MattVerderame

I don't expect an easy game for the Chiefs today. Not surprised if this comes down to the final 10 minutes.

The Raiders will play hard, and the Chiefs haven't blown out a single AFC West team. They're 5-0 against them this year, but have won by 16 total points.
2:53 PM · Jan 7, 2023

2 hours ago, BillsFan130 said:

KC has been struggling lately, but I just can’t see them losing to the raiders with the 1 seed on the line.

I hope I’m wrong, but I can’t even remember the last time Mahomes has lost to the raiders

Unfortunately , I’m in agreement. I really don’t think the game is even close. I hope we are wrong. 

• Agree 1

5 minutes ago, boater said:

I'm still watching ESPN/ABC, and it's still all about Damar. I hope he's watching.

3 minutes ago, BRH said:

I thought the same

The popular cities in the US seem to have the lowest amount of "real" fans.