Kansas City Chiefs @ Las Vegas Raiders 1/7/23 4:30pm

T&C

13 minutes ago, Miyagi-Do Karate said:

Let me remind you how these regular season chiefs games go:

1) chiefs mostly play bad

2) other team makes boneheaded play at the end

3) chiefs win by 3

That win by 3 maybe got a little tougher, this is from Rotoworld:

Chiefs K Harrison Butker (back) is questionable for Week 18's game against the Raiders.

Butker was a DNP on Thursday, but got in a limited session on Friday as he dealt with back spasms. Andy Reid said that "there's a chance" the team would add another kicker to the practice squad as a precaution on Friday. It sounds like Butker is truly questionable. If the Chiefs do sign a practice-squad kicker it will be a forewarning that they're expecting Butker to miss the game. 

Jan 5, 2023, 3:46 PM ET

• Like (+1) 1

33 minutes ago, Miyagi-Do Karate said:

Let me remind you how these regular season chiefs games go:

1) chiefs mostly play bad

2(a) other team makes boneheaded play at the end

3) chiefs win by 3

You forgot - 2b) if all else fails refs lend a big helping hand (just ask Broncos).

The Kansas City Thiefs. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 5

15 hours ago, Stretch said:

The 9.5 point spread and lack in faith of the Raiders being able to pull this off surprises me a bit.  They lost by 1 at KC, QB looked good against a tough defense last week, and KC has not been looking great in the past month.  KC can’t get EVERY call at the end of games, right?

Actually they can, and they will. They are the new Patriots, complete with their fans believing they get screwed over at every turn.

14 hours ago, 78thealltimegreat said:

This might be time to pull a Major League and sacrifice a live chicken before the game…or at least eat KFC 

and thus sacrificing any chance at lowering your cholesterol - thanks for taking one for the team

16 hours ago, Stretch said:

The 9.5 point spread and lack in faith of the Raiders being able to pull this off surprises me a bit.  They lost by 1 at KC, QB looked good against a tough defense last week, and KC has not been looking great in the past month.  KC can’t get EVERY call at the end of games, right?

I think they’re just expecting Casey to wake up and that they’ve been playing board will see

I’d have a little hope if Derek Carr were starter. I know he isn’t great, but he has experience against divisional foes, and can be spectacular at times. I think we saw the best you’ll get out of Stidham last week. The Raiders are a mess.

39 minutes ago, SirAndrew said:

I’d have a little hope if Derek Carr were starter. I know he isn’t great, but he has experience against divisional foes, and can be spectacular at times. I think we saw the best you’ll get out of Stidham last week. The Raiders are a mess.

Well, that best was significantly better than Carr has been. So if he plays even close to his best, it’s an upgrade over Carr. 

I think the Raiders get er done today. I really do. i definitely put an online bet in for LV +9.5.

Maybe it’s wishful thinking but i’m banking on the due theory.  KC is 15-0 with Mahomes in AFC West road games. That simply has to correct itself at some point. Let today be the day.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Haha (+1) 1