The Jests; from 7-4 to 7-9. An epic collapse

Sierra Foothills

2 minutes ago, Pine Barrens Mafia said:

They lost because josh was bad. That's it 

So when we both have bad QB play they win is what your saying? 

Look I'm not targeting you, but there's an awful lot of fans that forget where we came from and how quick that can change.

That game and a few others may have cost us the one seed.

People need to stop talking down on other teams like we are so high and mighty because we were them just 4 years ago. 

We haven't won the SB.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Disagree 1

4 hours ago, 2020 Our Year For Sure said:

He's been a good QB for a long time.

Matthew Stafford was a good QB on the Lions, too.

I get it, you're a casual fan, you can't tell they're good until the team goes on a run and it reaches out and bonks you on the nose.

Ok pro. He’s been in the league for years and hasn’t done much. He’s an average at best QB. You keep running with your knowledge I’m sure it’s served you well so far champ. 

Said all along the Jets were frauds even when they were sitting at 7-4.

And you can make the case that Saleh should be fired after just 2 seasons because of how he's handled the QB situation. Yes Wilson appears to be a bust, but Mike White was never the answer which was proved yet again yesterday. They really needed to play out the string with Wilson and now they are in a tough situation where they probably will they will likely have to cut him instead of getting anything worthwhile in a trade.

Some solid young talent in place but no guarantees they'll be a playoff team next year either even if they find another QB in FA/trade which is expected.

14 hours ago, Sierra Foothills said:

The GangGreen is a five alarm fire right now. They want to fire the owner, fire the GM, fire the coach, fire half the players, fire the ball boy.  One poster said the Jests can't even draft QBs right and they lost two draft picks because of it. 

The entire Jests Nation is on tilt.  They're wearing white after Labor Day and combining plaids and stripes.  They're fighting a land war in Asia.  They're taking wooden nickels.  They're crying over spilt milk.  They're cutting tags off mattresses. They're starving a cold and stuffing a fever.  They're paying $20,000 for Taylor Swift tickets.  They're eating gas station sushi.  They're running with scissors.  They're smoking with their oxygen on.  One of them just killed John Wick's dog.

It's Biblical.

Don't take my word for it.....

https://forums.theganggreen.com/threads/woody-johnson-f-ck-you-trust-fund-baby.98496/

https://forums.theganggreen.com/threads/who-is-getting-fired-on-this-staff.98497/

https://forums.theganggreen.com/threads/well-so-much-for-this-season.98489/

Jerry Seinfeld Popcorn GIF by Sheets & Giggles

• Haha (+1) 1

48 minutes ago, Mr. WEO said:

a mediocre team with an awful QB situation collapses after having won 7? That's not an impressive fall.

Now the Rams on the other hand.....truly epic.

That Jets team reminds me of a drought-era Bills team. We often had great D, some nice offensive weapons, and bad QBs. Teams like that play golf in January.

• Like (+1) 1

3 hours ago, Greg S said:

Let this sink in for a moment. Mr. Irrelevant (last pick in the draft) Brock Purdy is a much better QB then anything the Jets have on the roster. From a Jets fans perspective that has got to hurt/suck. He is doing very well with SF.

TBH I think that says more about Kyle Shanahan and the SF offensive system than about Brock Purdy.  Shanahan managed some wins with Nick Mullins and CJ Beathard too.  They rush almost as many attempts as they pass; they achieve 4.7 yds per attempt, which moves the chains.  More than half (55%) of their passing yards are YAC. 

The QB basically needs to work within the offense efficiently and know where to go with the ball, generally with time to get it there. 

In contrast, the Jets have a poor run game and are mediocre at YAC in the pass game.

I think Mike White would kill it as the QB in San Francisco.

I think Zach Wilson may be one of those unfortunate "Big Man on Campus" type QB who starts believing his own hype train when he's drafted high in the NFL, and doesn't feel the need to keep his head down and grind as hard as he needs to.

I could be mistaken, that's just the vibe I get from him

1 hour ago, Pine Barrens Mafia said:

The first Jets game?  Seriously? 

Seems to me there might be a few more things that went into that.  OL giving up 5 sacks, defense giving up 174 rush yards, missed FG, that kind of thing.

We've won 3 of 5 games in which Josh threw 2 interceptions.

Edited by Beck Water
  • Like (+1) 2

Just my opinion of course, but I thought that the first Jets game was the only game this year in which the Bills were beaten. 

Our lads lost to Miami in a perfect storm of injuries and heat stroke,and sorta choked in the Minnesota game. 

But Jets clearly outplayed Bills in game one and deserved the W. They have a strong DL, strong run game (prior to Hall injury), and a promising #1 WR. I thin Wilson is OROY. 

Long term, I see Jets as toughest completion in afc east. 

Edited by pennstate10
Sp
  • Like (+1) 1

12 minutes ago, pennstate10 said:

Just my opinion of course, but I thought that the first Jets game was the only game this year in which the Bills were beaten. 

Our lads lost to Miami in a perfect storm of injuries and heat stroke,and sorta choked in the Minnesota game. 

But Jets clearly outplayed Bills in game one and deserved the W. They have a strong DL, strong run game (prior to Hall injury), and a promising #1 WR. I thin Wilson is OROY. 

Eh, I think you can score all of those games as "games in which the Bills were beaten". 

In Miami, we missed two chances to punch it in from the red zone.  The Vikings played in similar heat stroke conditions and won. 

You could say we sort of choked in the Jets game as well - Josh threw two bad "brain fart" picks one in the red zone on 2nd and 10, we missed a FG, Davis had a chance at a catch that could have given us a chance to tie.  We definitely had our chances.  Their D did give our OL fits though. 

On D, we learned some stuff about the limitations of our then-backups at OLB and safety.

I think the Dolphins will be dangerous as long as they have a QB who can get Hill and Waddle the ball.  But this concussion business with Tua makes it look as though he might not be that guy.

I do agree that the Jets have some very good young talent on D, a better OL than they've played with this season due to IR, and at least 1 good WR.

Edited by Beck Water

14 minutes ago, pennstate10 said:

I thought they also got their asses kicked in the second Miami game, but were lucky to hang around long enough to steal one late.

32 minutes ago, pennstate10 said:

If the Bills don't get the #1 seed, it will be the Vikings game that cost us. Up 27-10 with a minute left in the 3rd quarter. Never should have lost that game. The Jets and Dolphins games were close games that went back and forth. The Vikings game we had them beat. 16 minutes of football left, a 17 point lead at home. You can't lose that one.

• Agree 3

45 minutes ago, FilthyBeast said:

And you can make the case that Saleh should be fired after just 2 seasons because of how he's handled the QB situation. Yes Wilson appears to be a bust, but Mike White was never the answer which was proved yet again yesterday. They really needed to play out the string with Wilson and now they are in a tough situation where they probably will they will likely have to cut him instead of getting anything worthwhile in a trade.

Some solid young talent in place but no guarantees they'll be a playoff team next year either even if they find another QB in FA/trade which is expected.

Flame out with Wilson and be in position for Stroud maybe Levis.  I expect Bryce Young will go 1.  Chasing a playoff berth is going to leave them sticking with White or another re tread they will have to over pay for.  As a Bills fan I love it lol 

2 hours ago, Pine Barrens Mafia said:

No they lost that game because they played poorly across the board.  It's true that Allen did not play well and was unable to carry the team to victory.  But it's equally true that the defense allowed a terrible offense to execute multiple long scoring drives at key moments in that game.

I'd honestly rather be a Jets fan than a Dolphins fan. With the Jets, you knew that the Zach Wilson gamble would have to play itself out. And while they still need a QB, that they need one is a foregone conclusion. They've hit on draft picks more than I'd like. 

In comparison, you have the Dolphins who are up against the cap, have no 1st round picks and no idea on Tua's long term viability 

• Like (+1) 1

Just now, PromoTheRobot said:

As much as I hate to see the Pats get in, making the playoffs will encourage Kraft to stay with the status quo, which is to our long term advantage.

If the Bills win tonight, then they will need the game next Sunday. The Pats aren't winning in Buffalo in that scenario. Let the Steelers get #7 while the Pats, Fins, and Jets all stay home for the playoffs.

16 hours ago, Big Blitz said:

The Giants have shown the Dolphins and Jets are much more then a QB away.  

Everything starts at the top.   

The Jets tho are much closer then Miami.  And by closer I mean closer to just making the playoffs.  

That statement isnt true. The Jets are eliminated from the playoffs.  Miami makes the playoffs by beating the Jets next week.  That makes Miami closer to just making the playoffs.

4 hours ago, FilthyBeast said:

and yet your precious super bowl contender Miami is only one game better than the Jets right now.  Jets could end Miami playoff hopes next week.

• Like (+1) 2

4 hours ago, CincyBillsFan said:

No they lost that game because they played poorly across the board.  It's true that Allen did not play well and was unable to carry the team to victory.  But it's equally true that the defense allowed a terrible offense to execute multiple long scoring drives at key moments in that game.

If we had Milano/edmunds and poyer out there I don’t think the jets would’ve scored a point.  They just picked on Bernard all game.   It was a pretty cheesy win for them and clearly wasn’t sustainable.  On top of that Zach Wilson made some average throws which takes a bit of luck too 😂

Edited by Generic_Bills_Fan
  • Like (+1) 2

21 hours ago, Locomark said:

They have a ton of talent on both sides. If that team gets a QB, they will easily stay past the Pats for many years and could rival Miami. Maybe they just arm themselves with Jimmy G or Carr and take a shot it works out next year. 

I remember those 8-8 / 9-7 seasons saying the same thing when we had a top 5 defense and # 1 running game IF only we had a QB !! 

5 hours ago, CincyBillsFan said:

Sure. But Josh was awful that game. He was the biggest single reason for the loss. The Bills could have lost to Houston that day the way Josh played. He just had an absolute clunker.

His second season is almost over, and Saleh said this today. The #2 pick in the draft. This is looking Ryan Leaf bad.

(1) Brian Costello on Twitter: "Saleh reiterates his confidence in Wilson. Says that Wilson does need to get away from football, sit on a beach, read a book and reset." / Twitter

We over achieved this season, they weren't supposed to get to 5 wins, hell, they had us going 0-9. Based on our history I feel good about everything with the team except QB. So bash all you want, I feel that if we get even an average QB we can be competitive next season and fight for a playoff spot.

On 1/1/2023 at 10:41 PM, TBBills Fan said:

It would be very jets like to have the owner interfere in the middle of their rebuild that seems to be going in the right direction lol

Woody needs to stay out of it, gotta give a other couple of seasons to Saleh and his staff. Bring in positional coaches to help the QB room. We need consistency with the coaching staff. If Woody steps in its going to end up being really bad and it will make the past couple of nears for nothing.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

1 hour ago, Bleedingreennc said:

We over achieved this season, they weren't supposed to get to 5 wins, hell, they had us going 0-9. Based on our history I feel good about everything with the team except QB. So bash all you want, I feel that if we get even an average QB we can be competitive next season and fight for a playoff spot.

Woody needs to stay out of it, gotta give a other couple of seasons to Saleh and his staff. Bring in positional coaches to help the QB room. We need consistency with the coaching staff. If Woody steps in its going to end up being really bad and it will make the past couple of nears for nothing.

How do you feel about going after Carr? I don't think he's the second coming, obviously, but I also think he'd be a huge upgrade. The other FAs of note are Jimmy G and Daniel Jones, but the latter isn't going anywhere. Of course, there are Baker Mayfield and Sam Darnold -- who has actually been playing well for Carolina! -- but I realize the latter is an obvious no-go. Same goes for Geno Smith (again a no for obvious reasons). 

Edited by dave mcbride
  • Like (+1) 1

7 hours ago, Bleedingreennc said:

Yeah I agree completely 

• Like (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.