Chris Simms says whoever Tre is covering will be open

Einstein

10 hours ago, dave mcbride said:

In a windstorm game against a bad throwing qb with no receivers. Watch his actual play: he is a step slower and it is OBVIOUS. 

He gave up a TD to Tyreek Hill!

That wasn’t entirely on him.  Hill did get past him but Tre was supposed to have some safety help rotating to his side.  Hamlin never got there… check it out for yourself at 9:15

• Like (+1) 1

Tre White can be expected to make incremental improvements in his play from week to week, but it will probably be next season before he's 100%.  What we can hope for is that he'll be better against Cincinnati than he was against Chicago.  Hopefully, that will be good enough to get the win.  As far as the running game is concerned, I don't see the Bills as a running juggernaut by any means.  They are not going to have the same running game versus Cincinnati.  On the other side of it, I expect Josh Allen will have better numbers in the passing game.  I'm picking the Bills to win, but it is going to be a war on Monday evening, and nothing is certain.

• Like (+1) 1

11 hours ago, John from Riverside said:

I think that Sims is both a bills fan and a Bengals fan and is extremely conflicted

I think Simms is more an Allen fan than a Bills fan.  He’s especially not a fan of the Bills offense.  

He say we can’t run, and that our passing game is Allen making things happen.  

11 hours ago, Eastport bills said:

That Cinn. Defense looked like they were gagging up a big lead in the 4th qtr. against NE until that  clueless official didn’t whistle the play dead until the fumble,even after Stevenson got moved back 3 yds.. Is this the same defense that gave the low scoring Bucs a 20 pt lead in the 1st half before Brady decided to try and set the turnover record for one half of football. You should watch the Cinn. defense play instead of listening to Chris Simms. shortchange the Bills offense.

10 hours ago, Eastport bills said:

That’s the thread, Simms guaranteed the Bills would not be able to run against Cinn. Defense.

Also, Bengals are #7 against the run.  The Bills are the 7th best run team---mainly because of Josh Allen's 750 yards (35% of their total).

• Awesome! (+1) 1

11 hours ago, Nephilim17 said:

Ok, I watched the video and here are some other things Simms said:

• Bengals will not run well on the Bills either
  • The Bills zone D could give problems to Cinci and Burrow
  • Simms called McDermott and Frazier geniuses or something to that effect
  • Simms calls the Cinci pass offense "simple" and not in the best way
  • It could be low scoring; Simms doesn't know the line but would take the under
  • White, Simms says, is NOT 100% — this goes a long way to mitigating the outrage of some here

So this was not a dump on the Bills at all. Just some quotes without full context. Simms is likely still on for his next bromance get-together for tacos and beers with Josh (though he'll never get more than a hug at the end).

Relax, people. The media doesn't hate us as much as we think.

I’m going to be outraged about something one way or the other, I can assure you of that.   It might has well be about Chris Sims and his lactose intolerant bs. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

Tre has shown some flashes, but he's still getting back up to speed. It happens when you miss over a year of on field action. I fully expect us to be ready for Monday night defensively. I also expect Tre to be a key part in that plan doing his 1/11th on the boundary. 

I sure hope Tre can play well for the remainder of the year. But I have yo admit I have never drank the coolaid on him. If you take off your Bills blinders and watch him he is an average CB. He can make plays but he also makes a lot of boneheaded, wimpy plays and costs us at important times in the game.

It's one of the hardest positions in the NFL imo. Tre is average even before the injury. I sure hope he can improve. Taron and Elam hit wayyy harder than Tre who can't hit or tackle period. GO BILLS! Crush the bungles. Tough game. If we can win this one it's SB bound as the Bengals are a solid, well coached disciplined team. They will bore you to sleep and then beat you down. We need to show up! Tre WILL need help and if I'm the OC for the bengals I'd be throwing at him all day too.

• Disagree 2

19 hours ago, nosejob said:

I keep hearing about how Burrow figures out defenses and then attacks. Well get up on them early, stuff the run and hope the Greg, Lawson and Olive oil can do something. I'm hoping Phillips is ready. D. Jones may get some.

The weather is another thing. The Bengals backs are big but I think are 3. something, no more. Hopefully 3rd and longs will give us a chance. I think Diggs takes this game over. He is due.

Devin and Cook, Bease and Shakir....Davis and Diggs. I like our chances with Dorsey getting his freak on. Hopefully,McFrazier doesn't have to wait till the ole halftime regroup to get their **** together....like all too often.

Pressure from 3 up front and then the joker
Settle Jones and "Olive oil " lol will do well to push that middle. Edge contain might be better that edge rush here.

Fraziers best tricks will be to fool Burrow into int.
we will be playing the pass.
Hope Dorsey does not lose his steady that he has showed last few weeks and go pass pass Allen Hero ball

Biggest game of the season easily. Tough team to play no doubt. A game and a pinch of luck please !

3 hours ago, Dillenger4 said:

I sure hope Tre can play well for the remainder of the year. But I have yo admit I have never drank the coolaid on him. If you take off your Bills blinders and watch him he is an average CB. He can make plays but he also makes a lot of boneheaded, wimpy plays and costs us at important times in the game.

It's one of the hardest positions in the NFL imo. Tre is average even before the injury. I sure hope he can improve. Taron and Elam hit wayyy harder than Tre who can't hit or tackle period. GO BILLS! Crush the bungles. Tough game. If we can win this one it's SB bound as the Bengals are a solid, well coached disciplined team. They will bore you to sleep and then beat you down. We need to show up! Tre WILL need help and if I'm the OC for the bengals I'd be throwing at him all day too.

You're literally the only person on the planet that thought Tre was average before the injury. Look up the stats.. what a dumb thing to say 

• Agree 1

I’ve grown tired of Chris Simms shtick.

He tried really hard to look smarter than everyone else when he rated Zach Wilson above Trevor Lawrence and made it known that he wanted to be an NFL GM. How’s that working out now Chris? Get any GM interviews lately?

• Disagree 1
  • Agree 1

On 12/29/2022 at 1:08 PM, HOUSE said:

If that was the case Tre white would be on the sidelines and Elam would start.  Tre is fine..

No he is not.  I was in Chicago and there were times where he was not playing up to his previous capabilities.  Those knee injuries take longer to recover from.  He will be back to this top form next year.  

52 minutes ago, turftoe said:

I’ve grown tired of Chris Simms shtick.

He tried really hard to look smarter than everyone else when he rated Zach Wilson above Trevor Lawrence and made it known that he wanted to be an NFL GM. How’s that working out now Chris? Get any GM interviews lately?

He also called Mahomes the best QB in his class, and Allen and Jackson as the #1 and #2 QB in their class. At the time those were considered hot takes. Simms has his QB type, he likes physical specimens with a quick release. At least he doesn't just spew random clickbait crap like a lot of other analysts. 

• Agree 1

4 minutes ago, HappyDays said:

He also called Mahomes the best QB in his class, and Allen and Jackson as the #1 and #2 QB in their class. At the time those were considered hot takes. Simms has his QB type, he likes physical specimens with a quick release. At least he doesn't just spew random clickbait crap like a lot of other analysts. 

And Drew Lock. And Zack Wilson. 

I agree his schtick is somewhat tired.

4 hours ago, Kenosha2Buffalo said:

You're literally the only person on the planet that thought Tre was average before the injury. Look up the stats.. what a dumb thing to say 

The knock on Tre is he doesn't get many Interceptions. But when he's right you'll probably have a hard time finding a better cover corner with his instincts and anticipation.

Well I guess we'll see if Simms is right.  Mixon and Perine are kind of the same runner, both not very fast, strong but not game changers this season.   He says Bills can't run on Cinci, I say there's a new sheriff in town named James MuthaF**kin Cook who seems to get better every week.   

This game will be likely be decided in the air and Tre will be exposed if Simms is correct.    

Groot has to go ballistic every snap, gotta get pressure with 4.

22 hours ago, GunnerBill said:

And Drew Lock. And Zack Wilson. 

I agree his schtick is somewhat tired.

Name me one NFL gm who hasn’t gotten a qb completely wrong, whether via overestimation or underestimation. Every one has made major mistakes.

Edited by dave mcbride

3 minutes ago, GunnerBill said:

I agree. But he does have a habit of reminding us his good takes and burying the bad ones. 

I guess, but he has talking about Zack Wilson’s failings a LOT on PFT videos and is basically owning it. 

Your own favorite guy, Shanahan (and I agree that Shanahan is good), seems like he may well have a major whiff on his record with Trey Lance. Purdy might actually turn out to be better than him, although the jury is still obviously out. So far, though, Lance doesn’t look to be very good. Early days, I know.

Edited by dave mcbride

Oh man!! I'm really interested to see how this plays out. I mean not only are the Bengals players talking a bit much, but also media (Simms counts as some sort of mediaI assume) is doing the same with the, "Bills can't run on Bengals", also "Tre is slow etc and WR on his side will always be open".

I honestly would not have expected this and I'm a bit surprised by it myself. Anyways, I believe the chances are much more likely to hurt than help

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.