Who had a worse game? Dane or Isaiah?

Ya Digg?

McKenzie single handedly killed two good looking drives. Same thing he did against the Chiefs. I'm terrified that we will be relying on him in do or die situations in the playoffs. He can't catch and he trips over his own feet a lot. It's frustrating because he can separate and has speed but he just can't be trusted.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 4

1 minute ago, HappyDays said:

McKenzie single handedly killed two good looking drives. Same thing he did against the Chiefs. I'm terrified that we will be relying on him in do or die situations in the playoffs. He can't catch and he trips over his own feet a lot. It's frustrating because he can separate and has speed but he just can't be trusted.

It's hard to look at the offensive roster and feel like we have the horses to pull this thing off. But football is football and Allen is Allen.

• Agree 1

McKenzie had the worse game, imo, because even though his coverage was lacking at times, the Jets made plays with good throws and good catches to beat Jackson, whereas Little Dirty screwed the pooch without any help from the Jets. 

Edited by K-9
  • Agree 1

Jackson seems to be in position, but his physicality vanished. He’s aggressive getting there but weak at the point of attack. I wonder if he’s protecting an injury, perhaps upper body. Speculating.

McKenzie gets open but no confidence in catching the ball. Shakir has hands but can’t get open. Hence the conundrum. I was a fool to blow off Crowder injury.

• Like (+1) 1

What’s the difference, one drops passes and kills drives and the other gives up crucial 3rd down passes for 1st down. It’s impossible to quantify which is worse. Jackson did make some solid breakups in the 2nd half. I think Jackson has ability but when he’s on the opposition’s top receiver he struggles like most young corners. The big question is has Elam regressed so much he can’t get on the field any more. It’s hard to believe a 1st round pick, with ability, can’t be given game experience . McKenzie is mostly a shiny luxury item who shows flashes of talent but the most part, will not be a difference maker. In his defense, the Jets play good defense on receivers and the elements didn’t help.  In closing, never compare McKenzie to the most dependable slot receiver in Bills history, Beasley. Cole got us 1st downs with clutch grabs and was Josh’s security blanket.

• Like (+1) 1

40 minutes ago, Ridgewaycynic2013 said:

His parents were the type that bitched when he came home with a 97% final average.  "What about the 3%?!"

Do you think the Bills got a 97% today? Because it looked more like a 67% day. Barely passing.

McKenzie was downright awful and terrible. The drops he had were Uber catchable balls.  He absolutely stunk today.

What I need to know is how bad is Shakir that Josh just absolutely avoids him and throws to turd McKenzie?? Honestly, I can’t see Shakir doing worse!

Dane?  Was terrible today also.  I do have to say him and Tre both had bad games.  Both had serious trouble when man on man.  Both were a step behind all game.

Edited by davefan66

1 hour ago, Ya Digg? said:

It’s a close call but I would say Dane had the worst game of any player today. Missed tackles, gave up I don’t know how many catches-give me Rhodes or Elam next Saturday!!

What game were you watching? He had several big pass breakups today.

I guess some people are so focused of having a whipping boy they ignore the good plays or pretend it was someone else.

He got a game ball from me.

I suggest you rewatch the game. Way off on your real time assessment 

He was part of a defense that allowed 10 points two weeks in a row. Kinda hard to be too critical of them. Would you feel better if they pitched a shutout?

Edited by Big Turk

34 minutes ago, MPT said:

Do you think the Bills got a 97% today? Because it looked more like a 67% day. Barely passing.

I merely thought it ironic that so soon after a win, OP was posting a thread with a negative premise.  Shall I write on the chalkboard 'The Bills Must Do Better!' one hundred times? 🤔🤨

Just now, Big Turk said:

What game were you watching? He has several big pass breakups today.

I guess some people are so focused of having a whipping boy they ignore the good plays or pretend it was someone else.

You watched Dane give up all of those third and longs as well as several other catches and want to give him a game ball?  We definitely watched different games today then.  He had a nice pass break up on the last drive, I'll give him that, but how many tackles did he miss and how many catches did he give up?  My real time assessment is fine, no need to watch the game again, appreciate the suggestion though

2 minutes ago, Ya Digg? said:

You watched Dane give up all of those third and longs as well as several other catches and want to give him a game ball?  We definitely watched different games today then.  He had a nice pass break up on the last drive, I'll give him that, but how many tackles did he miss and how many catches did he give up?  My real time assessment is fine, no need to watch the game again, appreciate the suggestion though

It's not, but you do you.

• Eyeroll 2

7 minutes ago, Big Turk said:

What game were you watching? He had several big pass breakups today.

He was part of a defense that allowed 10 points two weeks in a row. Kinda hard to be too critical of them. Would you feel better if they pitched a shutout?

You know what I criticized Dane early on but he had a number of critical pass breakups in the 2nd half. I'll give him his due.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 2

5 minutes ago, Ya Digg? said:

Good one-your standards for a game ball are just incredibly low I guess

Key plays in key situations count for a lot.

Kinda crazy to complain about the defense in a game you forced 7 or 8 punts and held the other team to 10 offensive points.

Edited by Big Turk

Dane Jackson, by far.  McKittrick had two FD catches and a good jet sweep.  I think Dane had one PD, but gave up a lot of catches and missed a lot of tackles.  

21 minutes ago, Ya Digg? said:

They both had bad games too, but at least Hamlin caused a fumble.  Jackson and McKenzie just stood out to me as having awful games

Where do you stand on Dropsome Knox in the 2nd half?  He also dropped two FD catches.

Edited by Freddie's Dead

McKenzie has 

proven over and over he just isn't a consistent player - sure he can make flashy plays from time to time but when the game is close I cringe when he's on the field - I won't be surprised to see him inactive once Kumero returns let alone if Crowder can- I think McDermott has had enough - he sounded pissed at the end when drops were blamed on weather 

Edited by BlazinBill
Spelling

2 hours ago, Rc2catch said:

McKenzie for me. The drops, the weird tripping himself up all the time even when nobody is around him.. I like him on those jet sweeps but everything else seems to be pretty bad. I think Dane is playing decent if not above average if you compare him with most corners across the league. 

Stop it!

The defense was playing with 10 players for most of the game.

Edited by Buffaloflash
  • Like (+1) 1

2 hours ago, HappyDays said:

He's strictly a gadget guy in my book

1 hour ago, Mr. WEO said:

With 3 drops, is this a real question?

How could McKenzie have had 3 drops, when he had 5 targets and 3 completions?

I think criticism for failure to execution is warranted, but some of you just get silly with it.

Edited by Beck Water
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.