Josh Allen Taking Hits

KeLLy1278

When is enough, enough already?  He takes off running during busted plays and the coaches call his number instead of handing it off on many occasions.  He keeps taking hits to his sides, legs and so forth.  So far he hasn’t taken many hits to his head (as far as I could tell) but it is inevitable.  

This HAS to change if we want this guy to be around for years to come.  Fans just laugh and laugh because he’s still relatively healthy.  Those same fans will cry and complain if he gets knocked out for the year.  

• Vomit 2
  • Eyeroll 10
  • Dislike 2

17 minutes ago, KeLLy1278 said:

When is enough, enough already?  He takes off running during busted plays and the coaches call his number instead of handing it off on many occasions.  He keeps taking hits to his sides, legs and so forth.  So far he hasn’t taken many hits to his head (as far as I could tell) but it is inevitable.  

This HAS to change if we want this guy to be around for years to come.  Fans just laugh and laugh because he’s still relatively healthy.  Those same fans will cry and complain if he gets knocked out for the year.  

You’re wrong. The offense is better when Josh runs. Redzone is easier when Josh runs. We are trying to win games.

• Agree 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

1 minute ago, FireChans said:

You’re wrong. The offense is better when Josh runs. Redzone is easier when Josh runs. We are trying to win games.

Oh I see.  Have fun when he takes a hit that he doesn’t get up from.  Try “winning games” then.  Allen can win using his arm instead of his legs.  

Long term success > winning a few games

• Eyeroll 2
  • Disagree 2

1 minute ago, 17islongenough said:

Have you seen Mike White in the pocket today?

Yes I have.. and the point I am trying to make here is as simple as it gets.  Josh Allen needs to stop taking unnecessary hits.  If he doesn’t, we can kiss this team’s future good bye sooner rather than later.

• Eyeroll 2
  • Disagree 1

50 minutes ago, KeLLy1278 said:

Today it was the only thing that was working against this wide 9.  Left the middle open for runs.

Take Allens runs away, doubt they win today.

1 minute ago, Ethan in Cleveland said:

OP this is the modern NFL. QBs run. Thats just how the game is played. 

Did you see how Mike White got hurt? 

Do you remember how Josh hurt his elbow?

Let it go. Running Josh in designed plays or scrambles is fine. 

So him taking shots to his sides are fine.  All right well..  there you have it folks.

• Vomit 1
  • Eyeroll 2
  • Haha (+1) 1

57 minutes ago, KeLLy1278 said:

Do you think this is a hot take? Do you think the rest of us don’t know that him running is less safe than him not running? What was the point of this tired topic having another new thread? 

We’d all love if he threw for 400 and was never touched. That’s not him. That will never be him. And spoiler, we all hold our breath when our franchise player flips upside down. 

But you knew all of this when you posted it. 

• Like (+1) 1

45 minutes ago, KeLLy1278 said:

Oh I see.  Have fun when he takes a hit that he doesn’t get up from.  Try “winning games” then.  Allen can win using his arm instead of his legs.  

Long term success > winning a few games

Oh like 4 years of 10+ wins kind of success? Lol

1 hour ago, KeLLy1278 said:

Right now I don’t think we have many answers.

Allen has to run at times to get us first downs. 

2 hours ago, KeLLy1278 said:

You sir are the only one who’s crying and complaining !! 

5 hours ago, FireChans said:

He’s a winning player who will do whatever it takes. The goal line plays are necessary because he sees the holes from the spread and pushes the pile better than the rbs. He will temper his running when we get a dynamic pile driver to get the tough yards.

i wouldn't needlessly stress over this.  it's already baked in the cake that he's not going to have a Brady-esque long career.  as long as Josh delivers one Super Bowl title over the next decade or so, we're good.

we can help him out by investing assets in the OL and WR

16 hours ago, KeLLy1278 said:

Did you see the hits White took yesterday while staying in the pocket?

Running is just part of his game and who he is as a player but I disagree about the hits, yes he takes some but to me , it's pretty clear that he has learned the art of taking a hit and the proper way to land and taking certain angles. I'm sure the coaching staff has stressed this frequently 

I mean look at recent QB injuries and yesterday alone- Pickett,  Lamar, Huntley, Russ Wilson, Mike white and I'm probably missing 1 or 2 from yesterday but QBs are going to get hit regardless if they run or not. 

Josh is Josh, his running is part of his gm. 

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.