NFL Week # 14 - Around the NFL - Post about games other than the Bills vs. the Jets

BuffaloBill

1 minute ago, HappyDays said:

After the Vikings game there were a couple posters here that said Keenum should start the next couple games to let Allen get his head right. The hot takes are crazy. Every team and every QB goes through periods of bad play.

Almost like the NFL is kinda hard even for the best players 

Just now, HappyDays said:

After the Vikings game there were a couple posters here that said Keenum should start the next couple games to let Allen get his head right. The hot takes are crazy. Every team and every QB goes through periods of bad play.

And my account got suspended because I called those guys out with their goofball posts.  It’s crazy how those guys couldn’t get warned for posting something asinine like benching Allen for Keenum. I mean did they not watch how terrible Keenum was in practice ??

• Sad 1

1 minute ago, HappyDays said:

Mahomes gets the benefit of the doubt because he’s far more proven and accomplished than Allen, for example. His mistakes are exceptions to the rule based on his track record.

Allen, for example, will get overanalyzed and nitpicked because his standing amongst the top QBs is still open for debate. His turnovers are exactly apart of the debate.

• Vomit 1
  • Eyeroll 1
  • Agree 2

Just now, Airseven said:

Mahomes gets the benefit of the doubt because he’s far more proven and accomplished than Allen, for example. His mistakes are exceptions to the rule based on his track record.

Allen, for example, will get overanalyzed and nitpicked because his standing amongst the top QBs is still open for debate. His turnovers are exactly apart of the debate.

Mahomes had 3 picks today, also threw for 300 plus yards and 3 TD.

Thinking back...some our worst offensive games in the last 3 years have been a against the Jets.

First game in 2019 we won 17-16 after being down 16-0 on John Brown's long TD.

Lost the season finale 13-6(not sure if we rested people)

2020 we won 27-17 and 18-10 where Bass kicked 6 FGs and we got no TDs on the day.

Last year we handled them easily twice during a terrible year for them.

This year we struggled both games on offense.

Jets seem to be a bad matchup for us and not just this year...not sure what it is but they just seem to play us tougher than either NE or MIA.

6 minutes ago, HappyDays said:

To be fair there was a legit school of thought that maybe Allen should sit and let his elbow heal, though if the exact sentiment was “get his head right” and not his elbow, I Got Nothin’

4 minutes ago, Airseven said:

His mistakes are exceptions to the rule based on his track record.

No they're not. He had 13 interceptions last year, 2 less than Allen did. He has 11 interceptions this year, the same as Allen. He singlehandedly blew the AFC Championship game against the Bengals. I watch more Chiefs games than any other team other than the Bills and I promise you he makes a lot of mistakes every single week.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 2

2 minutes ago, zow2 said:

No one in the NFL is as tough as they think they are.  Pacheco will get lit up by someone in the coming weeks and have a big turnover.

He's a little over the top for my taste

• Agree 1

4 minutes ago, Airseven said:

Mahomes just caught up to Josh with his 11th INT.

I hope Josh loses that race.

Just now, HappyDays said:

No they're not. He had 13 interceptions last year, 2 less than Allen did. He has 11 interceptions this year, the same as Allen. He singlehandedly blew the AFC Championship game against the Bengals. I watch more Chiefs games than any other team other than the Bills and I promise you he makes a lot of mistakes every single week.

Correct, but that's the narrative people who don't watch all the games are fed

• Like (+1) 1

Giants and Seahawks coming back to earth. Gotta wonder if Dabs will get coach of the year anymore. Ron Rivera actually might be a decent candidate if the Commies continue to play tough and gritty 

also gotta wonder how the wheels have fallen off the bus for the Titans. If they continue to perform poorly the rest of the season, you gotta wonder if Vrabel gets canned

Edited by VaMilBill

Just now, Livinginthepast said:

Had Wilson not get concussed

I think the problem is this: Wilson finally tried (because grudge game for the Broncos; the Chiefs are to them what the Pats were to us) to carry the team on his back and did things like actually put his head down to try to get a key first down running the ball. And the result? Exactly what he and Hackett seemed to be afraid of: a significant injury. So they can score 13 points and lose with the 2022 Russell Wilson, or score 24 points with the old Russell Wilson and watch him get knocked out of the game. Not a good place for the Broncos to be.

• Like (+1) 1

7 minutes ago, Big Turk said:

Thinking back...some our worst offensive games in the last 3 years have been a against the Jets.

First game in 2019 we won 17-16 after being down 16-0 on John Brown's long TD.

Lost the season finale 13-6(not sure if we rested people)

2020 we won 27-17 and 18-10 where Bass kicked 6 FGs and we got no TDs on the day.

Last year we handled them easily twice during a terrible year for them.

This year we struggled both games on offense.

Jets seem to be a bad matchup for us and not just this year...not sure what it is but they just seem to play us tougher than either NE or MIA.

Yep , Jets have a good defense. 

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.