12/11/22 Week 14 GAMEDAY Bills vs Jets Pregame Thread

Chandler#81

1 minute ago, Process said:

McDermott is so weird with his inactives. A guy is good enough to start one week and then he's inactive a week later. Like you would think he'd at least be a backup. I'm not complaining I just think it's hilarious.

I think it’s a numbers thing. They have too many corners when all are healthy. 

• Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1

I wonder how difficult it’d be for Rhodes to transition to safety this time of year. Since he’s not the fleetest of foot, but has vast knowledge, could be a much better asset back there than J Johnson or C Lewis. Perhaps he’d even have what it takes to overtake Hamlin, who’s been okay for the most part, but definitely an upgrade candidate.

4 minutes ago, UKBillFan said:

I hope we're not taking risks with Dawkins and Milano - obviously there's a risk in every game, but if they aggravate their original injuries today and miss the Dolphins game because of it...

Coaching staff has been good with giving guys enough rest after injuries before throwing them back out there.

• Agree 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

I'm sorry, but I'm still not sold on the Jets, they're a scrappy bunch for sure, but they've vastly over-achieved so far imo.

They only have 2 wins against winning teams, and you could say they got lucky in both. Lucky to face the Fins 3rd string QB, and lucky to play the Bills without Milano and Poyer, also lucky that Josh was clearly in the middle of a funk, 3 game stretch where he threw 6 picks, he's only thrown 5 in the other 9 games. Despite all that, they still only won by 3 at home. 

This time, we're at home, it's a revenge game and the Bills are a lot healthier. I think the Jets come back down to earth today. Bills win.

• Like (+1) 1

Emotional Part of me is cheering hard for the Bills beat the Jets.. while the logical part of me says it doesn’t matter and my Pats losing out be the best for them.. ahh bleep it.. win Bills and hopefully my Pats get into the Playoffs. I rather have 1 more game than start a week early lol. 

• Like (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, Amaru523 said:

I'm sorry, but I'm still not sold on the Jets, they're a scrappy bunch for sure, but they've vastly over-achieved so far imo.

They only have 2 wins against winning teams, and you could say they got lucky in both. Lucky to face the Fins 3rd string QB, and lucky to play the Bills without Milano and Poyer, also lucky that Josh was clearly in the middle of a funk, 3 game stretch where he threw 6 picks, he's only thrown 5 in the other 9 games. Despite all that, they still only won by 3 at home. 

This time, we're at home, it's a revenge game and the Bills are a lot healthier. I think the Jets come back down to earth today. Bills win.

I think the D is for real and they have good skill players on O. Saleh seems like a good coach. Playoff caliber with competent QB play. I do think we should win but this team is not the Patriots. 

2 minutes ago, Big C said:

I think the D is for real and they have good skill players on O. Saleh seems like a good coach. Playoff caliber with competent QB play. I do think we should win but this team is not the Patriots. 

No, they lost to the Patriots-- twice.

• Haha (+1) 4
  • Thank you (+1) 1

1 minute ago, YoloinOhio said:

That’s the opposite of how the Bills work with injuries 

To me it seems slightly more random - some players some back quickly whilst they're very cautious over others. That may just be down to the different recovery rates/types of injury, admittedly.

14 minutes ago, UKBillFan said:

I hope we're not taking risks with Dawkins and Milano - obviously there's a risk in every game, but if they aggravate their original injuries today and miss the Dolphins game because of it...

The Bills don’t take chances with injured players.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 3

22 minutes ago, WMDman said:

Elam active.....so were not firing Beane?

There's always next week!

17 minutes ago, KDIGGZ said:

How could they watch the tape of last Jets game and come to the conclusion that Dane Jackson and Elam should be active over Xavier Rhodes? Unbelievable 

Yes you're so much smarter knowing nothing about the game plan, players health, and actually seeing them up close.  Keep telling yourself how smart you are!

• Shocked 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, Matt_In_NH said:

That is not true.  Edmonds and Kumerow have both reaggravated injuries by playing.   It is true the bills tend to be conservative but decisions get made based on many factors. 

Re-aggravating an injury and taking a risk by playing an injured player are two very different things

• Disagree 1
  • Thank you (+1) 2

26 minutes ago, UKBillFan said:

What about this regime’s actions has shown they take risks with a player’s  health?

Edited by atlbillsfan1975

Just now, mannc said:

Wow, Wilson inactive, not just on the bench.  Seems like he’s done…

I listened to one of the Jet’s reporters this week on a Bills crossover podcast. The reporter said the coaches have Wilson running scout team and are working on his mechanics. They don’t want him even concerned about the game plan for the week. 

19 minutes ago, hemma said:

Eric Wood just speculated that they started Rhodes because he’s better on run support/tackling.  

Stevenson is a load.

i don’t argue with a W.

Agree and think they want Elam and his recovery speed to help w Wilson and coverages

Edited by BigdaddyinOrlando

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.