Leslie Frazier will reportedly get strong consideration for a HC job in next NFL hiring cycle

YoloinOhio

17 hours ago, Ethan in Cleveland said:

Ask Denver how that offensive mind is working out...lol

McD called timeout before both plays and is equally complicit in the 13 second debacle

Yes, in a way that was the worst part.  Not Heard during timeout “Whose got Kelce?!”

Frazier would be a good choice for a team that is a hot mess and needs an adult running things. He could have been good for the Texans or Jax past years.

I think the Bills defense would be fine without him. Maybe we would actually stop a 3rd and long every once in a while.

• Agree 1

20 minutes ago, DapperCam said:

Frazier would be a good choice for a team that is a hot mess and needs an adult running things. He could have been good for the Texans or Jax past years.

I think the Bills defense would be fine without him. Maybe we would actually stop a 3rd and long every once in a while.

Agree with the bolded. 

The Bills are not going to be bad on defense while we have McDermott here, but I do think Frazier is one of the best DCs in football. They are big shoes to fill, though we do at least have Eric Washington on staff who has done it before (though wasn't super successful) with the Panthers. 

I think we have the most talent in the NFL on defense and I don’t even think anyone is close. We have so many stars on that side of the ball and our depth is incredible. We should be a defense that dominates and dictates. Even when the stats are good, it never feels that way. We have the personnel to be one of the all time defenses IMO. 85 bears, 00 Ravens etc. I want Fraizer to get a HC job so badly. This guys passive aggressive shell is holding us back in so many ways. I have wanted McDermott to just take over the defense for 3 years. If any team wants to hire this guy, I’m sure most Bills fans will be willing to give glowing references. Get him out please.

Edited by Brianmoorman4jesus
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Disagree 1
  • Agree 1

Frazier is definitely not HC material. He will be 2 or 3 years and out and back to being a DC. I hope they have Vegas odds on this because I would put 10,000$ down on it.

23 minutes ago, TheWeatherMan said:

I think Ken Dorsey would make a way better HC IMO.  Any chance he is Native American or Latino? 

What if he is 30% Latino? Do we still get a 3rd rd pick or a 6th.

3 hours ago, GunnerBill said:

You are not winning many road playoff games in this era with 19 points. That is the sad truth. The defense missed some chances to make plays that hurt, no question. But they were playing a top Quarterback on the road and gave up 22. I have a hard time pinning that loss on defense. 

The offense was not good that day, but allowing the opposing QB to complete 80% of his passes is just bad.

13 seconds aside, the defense was an abomination against KC in the preceding and subsequent drives. 

1 hour ago, Brianmoorman4jesus said:

I think we have the most talent in the NFL on defense and I don’t even think anyone is close. We have so many stars on that side of the ball and our depth is incredible. We should be a defense that dominates and dictates. Even when the stats are good, it never feels that way. We have the personnel to be one of the all time defenses IMO. 85 bears, 00 Ravens etc. I want Fraizer to get a HC job so badly. This guys passive aggressive shell is holding us back in so many ways. I have wanted McDermott to just take over the defense for 3 years. If any team wants to hire this guy, I’m sure most Bills fans will be willing to give glowing references. Get him out please.

5 first and second rounds picks on the DL, 1 first rounder at LB and 2 first round picks at CB.  Miller or no Miller, there should be no excuses made for this defense.

2 hours ago, Brianmoorman4jesus said:

Yea your problem is you don't like his style of defense. Well guess what, it isn't changing even if Frazier goes. This is what the Bills run and it is the right type of scheme for modern NFL football. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

21 hours ago, PetermansRedemption said:

I still have a strong distaste for Frazier due to the 13 seconds. I wouldn’t mind seeing him gone. Especially if the Bills pick up a pick in the process. I always feel like Frazier’s defenses are a paper Tiger. Ranked high but fold when it really matters. 

Yeah, yeah, we know.

21 hours ago, PetermansRedemption said:

I still have a strong distaste for Frazier due to the 13 seconds. I wouldn’t mind seeing him gone. Especially if the Bills pick up a pick in the process. I always feel like Frazier’s defenses are a paper Tiger. Ranked high but fold when it really matters. 

It actually warms my heart and I laugh every time someone like you STILL expresses frustration over that. What a miserable lot your group is. Enjoy.

1 hour ago, GunnerBill said:

Yea your problem is you don't like his style of defense. Well guess what, it isn't changing even if Frazier goes. This is what the Bills run and it is the right type of scheme for modern NFL football. 

Not every team in the league runs the same defense. Teams are much more aggressive and I believe our own HC would be considerably more aggressive.

1 hour ago, Brianmoorman4jesus said:

Not every team in the league runs the same defense. Teams are much more aggressive and I believe our own HC would be considerably more aggressive.

Correct. But the better defenses in the NFL in this era are the ones that keep the game in front of them and force teams to try and play mistake free football. In what way do you believe McDermott would be more aggressive? Let's talk Xs and Os. What do you think he would do if he was the DC on this team that Leslie Frazier doesn't?

1 - it’s wild how much hate Frazier gets when we have constantly had top 5 defenses since his arrival. Obviously, McDermott is a huge reason why but Frazier also deserves credit.

2 - he seems like one of the nicest, most genuine guys in the nfl. I would love to play for him. However the only way I think he will be successful as a coach is to go to a team with an established QB: OC where he just needs to worry about the defense. Can’t see him doing good with a young QB.

• Like (+1) 1

I like Frazier. Smart, intense, good with X's and O's.

He checks every box for a HC:

Speaks very well, and in a way that commands attention.

Great with X's and O's

Former player on an all-time great D. If not for suffering a devastating knee injury in the SB who knows how far he would have gone in terms of his playing career. I didn't realize how good his stats were (20 INT in 65 games) and how horrific his career ending knee injury was: ACL, PCL, MLC AND a broken bone in the knee?! Holy crap. 

Tons of experience in the league

2 SB rings, 1 as a player and 1 as a coach. 

He deserves another shot. He gets way too much flak from Bills fans. 

I just hope that he gets a real shot, and not the Texans job, which is a revolving door. 

Edited by TheFunPolice
  • Like (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1

I think the biggest thing going against Frazier is his age, you also have to wonder why some of the worst franchises in the league have passed on him (i.e. texans twice in the last few years).

But if he can get somehow get out of his comfort zone and have this defense playing dominant without Von Miller down the stretch and into the playoffs that's a different conversation. Just think that's asking too much for a guy whose mindset seems to be to run the same vanilla scheme over and over by just lining guys up and inviting the opposing offense to beat you, which seems to happen over and over when it matters most.

On 12/8/2022 at 12:47 PM, PetermansRedemption said:

Get OVER it man

• Like (+1) 3
  • Agree 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

Nothing against Leslie but he’s not a slam dunk to be successful. He was underwhelming in Minn. and most of the latest hires are from the other side of the ball. He has been good with us but how much credit should go to Sean. I wouldn’t touch him I had a struggling franchise and I wanted to get competitive fast.

The fact that the Bills are 4th in PPG allowed despite the absolutely INSANE rash of injuries to defensive players and having the second hardest strength of schedule, and that many Bills fans don't appreciate it, and still want Frazier gone...is just nuts to me.

All I have to say is: Be careful what you wish for.

• Like (+1) 2

I actually think Frazier round 2 would be a decent selection for a HC job.  I think he's learned a lot during his time in Buffalo about how to build a winning culture and that's an underrated part of the role IMO.  You're almost always going to a bad or mediocre team that needs a culture shift - and I think Leslie would be good at that.

He'd need strong leadership on the offensive side of the ball though, and I kind of wonder if the plan on offense has always been a weak point in his previous interviews.

3 hours ago, C.Biscuit97 said:

1 - it’s wild how much hate Frazier gets when we have constantly had top 5 defenses since his arrival. Obviously, McDermott is a huge reason why but Frazier also deserves credit.

2 - he seems like one of the nicest, most genuine guys in the nfl. I would love to play for him. However the only way I think he will be successful as a coach is to go to a team with an established QB: OC where he just needs to worry about the defense. Can’t see him doing good with a young QB.

Totally agree except the established QB part. If he gets a top OC, then I think he would be fine. Maybe a team like the Colts will be on the list of interviews. 🤔. Hope he at least gets a REAL shot at a HC gig if that's what he wants.

• Like (+1) 1

23 hours ago, May Day 10 said:

I would be so uninspired if Fraser were hired as the new coach of my favorite NFL team.  

He would have been the typical hire of the 2001-2012 Bills

Speaking to that, I’d say a majority of people on this board were also uninspired when McDermott got hired.  It saying Frazier would be a lock, but just something to consider. Just because something is flashy and loud doesn’t mean success. A la Rex Ryan

I honestly can’t stand  the way Fraizer calls a defense . I have made that clear but that’s not going to be baked into my point here. Obviously i hope he gets a HC job because I think he holds back our defense a great deal but the truth is, he’s not getting a HC job. Teams are moving away from hiring older guys and they have been since moved away from hiring a defensive HC. An old DC that has already had a chance doesn’t really move the needle. I’d love to be wrong because I really want to see our defensive talent with a new voice….The guy seems like a real good guy, he’s done a good job stat wise since he’s been here and the players love him. The guy isn’t getting a HC job. Let’s just be real. The 49ers DC will have a real shot. Most openings will get filled by offensive minded younger guys and the rest will be a guy like Ryan’s. A younger guy that has an aggressive nature and can relate to the young players. Fraizer will get the lip service leading up to the off-season…he’ll get interviews…I seriously can’t see him getting hired as a HC

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.