Leslie Frazier will reportedly get strong consideration for a HC job in next NFL hiring cycle

YoloinOhio

1 hour ago, PaattMaann said:

also, the venom in this thread, and in this fanbase in general, for a coordinator whose unit has finished top 10 or better in every season he's been here is WILD

13-seconds puts a bad taste in your mouth. 

When you're playing 25 yards off (exaggerated) every Chiefs WR and still rushing 4 when you know Mahomes has to get rid of the ball almost immediately was beyond bad. 

42 minutes ago, BullBuchanan said:

Propped up against trash-tier competition that's totally useless in the playoffs. Our "Top 5" defense gets roasted every January. It's a paper tiger.

You just made Lamar Jackson feel even worse about himself.

• Haha (+1) 1

Just now, B-Man said:

No one is going to hire a 64 year old head coach anymore.

Lovie Smith - hired by the Texans last year - 63

Todd Bowles - hired by Tampa last year - 58

Doug Peterson - hired by Jaguards last year - 54

Other notable coach ages:

Pete Carrol: 70

Bill Belichick: 69

Andy Reed: 64

John Harbaugh: 59

Mike McCarthy: 58

2 hours ago, PaattMaann said:

also, the venom in this thread, and in this fanbase in general, for a coordinator whose unit has finished top 10 or better in every season he's been here is WILD

I tend to agree with this. I don't like his 3rd and long calls at times, but otherwise, it's not him out there missing tackles.

45 minutes ago, LABILLBACKER said:

Our defense let us down in Houston and twice in KC.  You can't deny that. 13 seconds will forever stick to Leslie's legacy. I like him as a person and coach but if I get a 3rd round pick and a different direction on D, sign me up in a heartbeat. 

I feel like the Houston playoff  loss was more execution than coaching… TONS of missed tackles that game. 

56 minutes ago, First Round Bust said:

dont disagree, but is he ready for the head job after just one year....and if he does get the interview...and is not selected...would love to see the video capturing his reaction, eruption, explosion.... 

Hard to tell.  It seems like it matters less and less how long someone has been a Coordinator in the league.   Kliff Kingsbury, Arthur Smith, Kevin Stefanski, Mike McDaniel, Brandon Staley and Zac Taylor all got hired with two years or less as NFL Coordinators.   I dont think play calling is an underrated portion of being a head coach, I just think teams are relying less on that aspect when hiring head coaches right now.

If the Bills end the season still in the top 5 of offenses and have a nice playoff run in them I think Dorsey could be a favorite in Carolina without question.

52 minutes ago, Rigotz said:

Lovie Smith - hired by the Texans last year - 63

Todd Bowles - hired by Tampa last year - 58

Doug Peterson - hired by Jaguards last year - 54

Other notable coach ages:

Pete Carrol: 70

Bill Belichick: 69

Andy Reed: 64

John Harbaugh: 59

Mike McCarthy: 58

Lovie is the only one hired by his team who was over 60 at the time he was named HC.  None of the others compare with a 64 year old whose last HC job was when he was in his early 50s.  It's not like they'd be bringing back a guy like Bill Cowher.  

As far as the other notable coaches, here are their ages when each was hired by his team:  Carroll 58 going on 59; Belichick 48; Reid 55; Harbaugh 45 going on 46; McCarthy 56 going on 57.  

• Thank you (+1) 1

Due to age and being defense, Leslie wouldn't be a flashy hire. Whatever fan base that gets him as HC will be deeply disappointed. Therefore, he won't be hired.

Vacant HC positions will be filled by younger offense guys.

(if we don't make it to AFCCG, Dorsey is going nowhere)

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.