No!!! Bradley Chubb to the Dolphins!

Big Turk

3 hours ago, Doc said:

And the Bills will still own them in the rematch in OP.

I think were going to mercilessly stomp them into the ground. im sure the players are tired of hearing the stupid hype around a team like MIA. im sure theyre all pissed about the loss and the whole intentionally roast them out thing. i hope players took that as personal as a lot of us did, including mcd too. run the score up, get josh out, and keep running score up with guys like hodgins shakir and cook

• Like (+1) 2

Just now, ScottLaw said:

Due to injury…. He’s a good player. Miami got better…. Doubt it’s enough to overtake the conference but I also didn’t expect Cincy to be in the SB last season…

I’ll believe it when I see it watched this guy in Denver didn’t know he was in on the field half the time 

8 minutes ago, ScottLaw said:

Due to injury…. He’s a good player. Miami got better…. Doubt it’s enough to overtake the conference but I also didn’t expect Cincy to be in the SB last season…

Chubb is a good player but is he "the" difference maker for the Miami defense?  Is that enough to get past the Bills and the Chiefs in the playoffs?  We'll see.  He's got 5.5 sacks in 8 games.  I saw mention of a very good pressure rate. But if you want to play the numbers game like most of the so-called experts, they could have got former Bill Jerry Hughes in free agency without surrendering any draft picks.  Sure, he's older but he's got 5.0 sacks in 7 games and more TFL's than Chubb.  But there's no way anybody would be talking Miami in the Super Bowl if they pulled the trade for Jerry instead of the big splash move.  

Edited by All_Pro_Bills
  • Like (+1) 2

4 hours ago, TheBeaneBandit said:

Yawn. Chubb is an overrated player who only went high that year because it was a very weak defensive end class. He is only a slightly above average defensive end and I'm glad Miami spent another of their first round picks.

When he is healthy, he is every bit as good as Greg Rouuseau.  This hardly puts Miami over the top or anything.  Still 3 steps below the Bills.

1 hour ago, Motor26 said:

That has got to be the strongest bourbon someone has ever drank to come up with that thought.

This poster is a Dolphins troll.  

2 minutes ago, NyQuil said:

Double digit sacks once.

Jesus Christ how do some of you manage to watch the actual games with all this sky is falling nonsense?

because half posters in here only know the guy by his Madden ranking. On the actual football field he’s been nothing more than mediocre to good. 

• Like (+1) 1

Oft injured and hasn't really produced.  

He's got 14 sacks in last 34 games.  7 a season...and btw hasn't played a full season since his rookie year. 

10 minutes ago, LOVEMESOMEBILLS said:

Not to mention he's missed 23 games in his first 4 years. That's almost a season and a half.

This.  Gets hurt and didn't really have production playing opposite von.  

• Thank you (+1) 1

3 hours ago, FilthyBeast said:

Massive power move by the Dolphins.

I know some here will continue to downplay them and act as if they aren't a real threat, but I'm not so sure the division is a lock for the Bills now.

In fact will go as far to say this puts the dolphins right up there, possibly even surpassing the Chiefs, as the biggest hurdle to get to the SB now.

One of these years you might be right but remember you have been wrong 3 years in a row now.  Not just on Miami either.  NE was still a force with dark horse MVP candidate Jones. You've been horribly wrong about the Jets as well.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

2 hours ago, Generic_Bills_Fan said:

I’m curious if it’s the same people that have hyped the dolphins up the last few years or they have won over some new converts 😂. 

their defense has been bad in a way that a pass rushing linebacker won’t help them much…they have 0 offensive line depth and a pretty bad starting group to begin with.  People seem obsessed with offensive yards as the indicator of how good a team is these days.  If we’re assuming teams are getting healthier down the stretch I’d much rather see Miami over baltimore and kc 

FilthyBeast hypes up Miami every year as well as the Pats and he even tried to hype up the Jets.  This is the third year in a row now.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

14 minutes ago, JoPoy88 said:

yes. The act has gone from annoying to pathetic. Time for new material. 

At this point, that he's still on here has to be a mod playing a part to drum up conversation. After all, people can't help, but to respond to him to tell he's wrong. 

• Like (+1) 1

4 hours ago, Wyobills89 said:

Thank you John Elway! Glad he doesn't know a competent QB, so happy Josh landed in Buffalo it was perfect spot for all involved.

Living in Colorado I love to add to the thank you for Allen line that Elway passed on Josh because he had Case Keenum.

I remind them he is now the Bills backup QB.  That always gets them pissed.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 2

3 minutes ago, gobills404 said:

I’m gonna pretend I didn’t see this

which makes this trade even more unbelievably stupid by the broncos. Who trades their stud top-5 pick pass rusher who is currently having a great season?

Even if the broncos suddenly decided to rebuild (despite trading away their 1st and 2nd round picks in both of the next two drafts and despite just paying a franchise QB a billion dollars), Chubb is a guy you pay or franchise tag. 

• Agree 2

3 hours ago, ScottLaw said:

I don’t know where to go with this ? 

13 hours ago, FilthyBeast said:

Massive power move by the Dolphins.

I know some here will continue to downplay them and act as if they aren't a real threat, but I'm not so sure the division is a lock for the Bills now.

In fact will go as far to say this puts the dolphins right up there, possibly even surpassing the Chiefs, as the biggest hurdle to get to the SB now.

I honestly can't tell if this is satire or just that far out of touch with the modern NFL.

• Like (+1) 2

9 hours ago, Miyagi-Do Karate said:

which makes this trade even more unbelievably stupid by the broncos. Who trades their stud top-5 pick pass rusher who is currently having a great season?

Even if the broncos suddenly decided to rebuild (despite trading away their 1st and 2nd round picks in both of the next two drafts and despite just paying a franchise QB a billion dollars), Chubb is a guy you pay or franchise tag. 

Is he though? I think he’s a Frank Clark type, that’s to say, really good (when healthy), but not a guy I want to spend 20M a year on.  Let somebody else do that, I’ll take the 1st round pick and the cap space to make a move (or to pay Russ Wilson 🤡)

10 hours ago, Miyagi-Do Karate said:

I think the numbers are just fabricated. Looks like the real numbers show Chubb in top-3 in NFL in pressure rate. 

One just types them in and another uses a graphic that could be weeks old.... Not really sure what constitutes a win in pass rush win rate, seems like a made up PFF stat.  

He has fewer sacks than miller, and a couple more pressures (hurries + knockdowns + sacks) per Pro football reference.  But he also played 8 games vs. 7 for Miller, and considerably more snaps per game.  Chubb has recorded 2 pressures in the last 3 games.  

9 hours ago, Miyagi-Do Karate said:

I don't know.  Nothing I've seen out of Chubb to this point in his career could be used to describe a guy performing at an elite level.  This year he's registered 5.5 sacks with 4.5 of them going in games against Houston and Indianapolis. 

I think Miami acquired a good player that will help their defense but is he the missing piece that will push them to the next level past the Bills and Chiefs?  I just don't see this as some deal like getting Reggie White or Bruce Smith in their primes.  I think the Dolphins bigger problem is at QB.  Not to say Tua isn't good, he is, and he's playing at a high level this season.  But my one word to describe him is "fragile".  He just doesn't seem to be a guy that can take the hits a QB is subjected to or stay healthy.  

• Like (+1) 4
  • Agree 1

1 hour ago, Donuts and Doritos said:

Could the Phins be building a team for Tom to take over next year or do you think they're committed to Tua long term?

(With the Phins now having no 1st round picks to get a rookie QB & the stories they had talks w/ Tom last year. This seems like an all in roster build)

Tua is better than Brady currently.

and as bills fans, let’s not be so salty. The Fins are giving up a late 1st for a double digit sack potential guy to pair with a good young pass rusher.  They should be happy and they are better today.  We still have the better team and the bills will beat them by million in Buffalo, but the fins got better. It’s ok to say it. 

I pulled the image below from a Dolphins board. They've been tracking their "haul of treasures" they've received since the big Texanstrade, as if the results are anything to be proud of.

Let's review...

The Dolphins traded Tunsil, Kenny Stills, and a couple picks to the Texans. In return they received a couple 1sts and a 2nd. They then flipped some of those picks for more 1sts.

All in all, they have received 14(!) picks:

7 1st round picks

1 2nd round pick

1 3rd round pick

3 4th round picks

2 5th round picks

With those 14 picks, (7 1sts) they have added the following cast of "superstars":

Noah Igbinoghene

Solomon Kindley

Jevon Holland

Erik Ezukamna

Channing Tindall

Tyreek Hill

Jaylen Waddle

Bradley Chubb

LOL

rabxesr3hix91.jpg?width=784&auto=webp&s=

25 minutes ago, boater said:

Miami gave up a First round pick for Chubb. And I believe they lost one for tempering.

Do they have any First rounders left? I like to watch teams savage their future for the present.

Eh, you do build through the draft but first round picks bust all the time. The Rams did this and gave up picks for proven nfl players and just won the SB.

also, these picks are basically off the Tunseil trade. Bill O’Brien is one of the worst GMs in nfl history. 

18 minutes ago, DrDawkinstein said:

I pulled the image below from a Dolphins board. They've been tracking their "haul of treasures" they've received since the big Texanstrade, as if the results are anything to be proud of.

Let's review...

The Dolphins traded Tunsil, Kenny Stills, and a couple picks to the Texans. In return they received a couple 1sts and a 2nd. They then flipped some of those picks for more 1sts.

All in all, they have received 14(!) picks:

7 1st round picks

1 2nd round pick

1 3rd round pick

3 4th round picks

2 5th round picks

With those 14 picks, (7 1sts) they have added the following cast of "superstars":

Noah Igbinoghene

Solomon Kindley

Jevon Holland

Erik Ezukamna

Channing Tindall

Tyreek Hill

Jaylen Waddle

Bradley Chubb

LOL

rabxesr3hix91.jpg?width=784&auto=webp&s=

Come on Dr. They added a top 10 pass rusher, a top 5 receiver, and an upcoming borderline top 10 receiver.  And holland is a very good young S. If Beane did this, we would be falling over praising him. That’s a hell of a haul for real life. Can you name a better trade in recent nfl history to get that many players for one Player?

also, did we forget how bad the Fins were like 3 years ago? They were thought to be one of the worst teams in nfl history. I don’t truly believe in Tua but it’s pretty remarkable what Mike Grier’s brother had done. He’s a really good GM. Bills Fins might be a thing again. And the Pats will be garbage. The 90s are so back!

Edited by C.Biscuit97
  • Agree 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.