NFL Week 8: Packers at Bills - post game thread

BuffaloBill

1 minute ago, Billz4ever said:

The Aaron Rodgers that has lost 4 in a row and are 3-5 on the season.

Shouldn't have to be said, but they aren't a good team right now.  We were literally playing against special teamers at LB the second half.

I know.  It's just funny to me.  Frazier saw Aaron Rodgers a lot back in his Vikings days and his refusal to stack the box in the 2nd half reflected that.  It's like he had battered wife syndrome.

• Like (+1) 1

2 hours ago, JohnnyBuffalo said:

What I like…Josh is NOT happy.    That’s going to be a good week of practice!

Yes. Josh Allen knows he made terrible decisions in the second half, and he's disgusted with himself.

This will only give him more focus and determination to be better.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

14 minutes ago, Billz4ever said:

Don't care, you're muted like the other single digit Iq. Bye 

Well at this point you're going to be in a message board by yourself.😂

Maybe you should try muting yourself for tonight and return tomorrow. 

I'll repeat, you're going way over the top on this, especially when saying things like you're only going by the results? Wtf? That's the dumbest thing I ever done hear. Results are thee ONLY thing that matters ie the points, the wins. The YARDS are meaningless.

See countless NE Super Bowl winning defenses. They weren't near the top in yards allowed, but they were in points allowed.

• Like (+1) 1

53 minutes ago, Billz4ever said:

And yet AGAIN you are talking about the outcome rather than the ease with which they moved the ball.

You have the luxury of knowing the ultimate outcome, but that was ridiculous what we witnessed tonight.

On the other side of that coin, you do not know what would’ve happened if the bills stacked the box in the second half.  There was no reason to load up against the run up three scores

there really was no ‘luxury’ needed…it was clear the packers were gonna run out of time to come back from their first drive in the second half 

Edited by Generic_Bills_Fan
  • Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Billy Zabka said:

I thought Edmunds has played better this year, but he was pathetic tonight. Just awful. When he wasn’t getting eaten up by blockers he was looking lost out there. He was like Ray Charles at an *****, blindly guessing which hole to fill.

He did lead the team in tackles tonight.  I know for all the anti Edmunds out there tackles means nothing, just like the two pro bowl honors he received.

Everyone has games where they are not as sharp as usual.

Even Josh has bad games now and then.

A coaches dream for the upcoming week of practice...   A game that you lead the entire time, flirted with blowing the doors right open and it being a laugher that ultimately felt closer than it was but you still win by multiple possessions.  

There was a lot of good to take from this game but also very obviously things to clean up for a divisional road game next week.

I wouldn't want to be a Jets defender next week.  I think it is going to be ugly. 

• Like (+1) 1

The Morning After...  Thoughts with the benefit of a few hours sleep:

1. It's crazy being a Bills fan these days.  Our expectations have gone well beyond just winning a game.  We now expect dominant wins and are surprisngly surprised when they don't play perfectly.

2. That 4th and 1 play where Miller knocked the OLINE down like bowling pins was awesome.  I'm sure it happens in games, but that is the first time I ever recall seeing it.  And it was THE play of the game.  It stopped Rodgers with zero points and sucked the life out of any hoped for comeback.

3. I can't be the only one who had flash backs to the Tennessee game last year where they kept pounding the ball.  It almost worked.

4. How about Jordan Phillips people?  He twice used his forearm to stop a RB in his tracks.  The RB was steamrolling forward and then he was sent flying.  Both times the replay showed Jordan slamming him with a violent and I do mean violent forearm.

5. Glad to hear Josh was deliberately trying to throw that second INT away by "dirting" it.  GB made a great pick there.

6. Imagine being a GB fan this season.  Oh good we get to play the AFC East.  GB needed OT to beat the Patriots or they would be 0-3 so far.  And they still have a Christmas day matchup in Miami.

7. Saw the tweet that Miller asked Rodgers if they were ever going to throw again.  I have a vivid memory where that happened in the game and Rodger's face when Von asked him that.  The game within the game.

8. At one point I checked the stats and Allen was 8/11 76 yards and 2 TDs.  He finished 13/25 for 218 which means after that hot start he was 5/14 for 142 and 2 INTS.  At first glance that looks pretty Brady-like these days (hahaha), but 5/142 means he was completing the passes he did complete after the start at a 28.4 clip..

9. The GB player who got ejected misinterpreted the actions of the Bills sideline personnel.  I think it looked like he was trying to help the guy up and he then pushed him.

10. Matt Milano was playing like a man possessed.  He almost had  a second interception but the ball richocheted off his facemask first.

Edited by wjag
  • Like (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 2

This sort of ugly game was entirely predictable.  Packers were a desperate team, with a HOF QB and plenty of talent on defense (no. 1 ranked pass defense in the league).  They are a team that’s won 13 games, 3 years in a row…not a team likely to mail it in against a team like Buffalo, on national TV.  This was never going to be a walkover.  I’m just glad the Bills came out on top. In previous years, they would have lost a game like this.

• Like (+1) 1

19 minutes ago, OrtonHearsaWho said:

he doesn't look big enough to blow up THE ENTIRE OFFENSIVE LINE.

I am continually amazed at Von general cut and stature vs HOF results. He’s like Clark Kent. In street clothes you’d have literally no idea he’s an elite nfl rusher. 

8 hours ago, Boatdrinks said:

3 years ago this was a solid win. When you expect to be the AFC Super Bowl representative it was below what they’re capable of. They left a lot of plays out on the field and the execution was off in several key situations. 218 yards or whatever for Josh with 2 INTs is sub par for sure. 

This was a solid win.  I don't know what NFL you guys are watching but EVERY Super Bowl winner in the 21st century has had a couple of games where they played below what they're capable of.  In fact this is a sign that the Bills are a legit Super Bowl team.  During their 4 SB run in the early 1990's the Bills would have games like this several times a season.

6 hours ago, Generic_Bills_Fan said:

On the other side of that coin, you do not know what would’ve happened if the bills stacked the box in the second half.  There was no reason to load up against the run up three scores

there really was no ‘luxury’ needed…it was clear the packers were gonna run out of time to come back from their first drive in the second half 

Bingo.  As frustrating as Frazier's D can be he played it correctly last night.  There was no way the Packers were going to win this game with a run first offense in the 2nd half.  And even though Allen was off in the 2nd half and threw two picks GB lost by 10 points.

Frankly the Packer's strategy seemed to be to cover the Vegas spread and not win the game. It was like they did everything they could to avoid getting embarrassed not to win the game.

• Agree 3

6 hours ago, Generic_Bills_Fan said:

Load up on the run?  How about simply not playing Nickel against a team with a less than stellar receiving corp?

This game was a missed FG and a close OPI call from being tied.

Load up on the run?  How about simply not playing Nickel against a team with a less than stellar receiving corp?

You can throw out hypothetical's all you want but we had first and goal at the GB six yard line up 27 - 10 with about eight minutes left in the game.  The Packer's were fortunate that they didn't lose this game by 24 points.

Diggs and Milano were great, as was 1st half Singletary.  Cook also looked much more comfortable, and ripped off a couple of chunk plays, which was great to see.

I thought that the defense was pretty poor all night.  Edmunds and Taron Johnson especially struggled.  

The offensive line, mainly in pass protection, was pretty bad.  Allen was being flushed from the pocket early and often.  Hopefully, they can rebound with an effective performance against Williams, Lawson, Myers, etc.

Allen looked off all night.  His passes seemed to be sailing.  Even the TD to Diggs wasn't a particularly well thrown ball.

Seemed like the team just kind of got bored after the half.

13 minutes ago, Billz4ever said:

This game was also 2 unusual Josh decisions away from the Bills winning by 24 points. Could play that what if game all day. Bills were in control of the game from start to finish and won by 10 points.

The Pack continuing to run in the 2nd half was them essentially forfeiting and still saving face. Eat the clock, and get back to the plane.

Our defense played it exactly as they should. Dont get baited into stacking the box or creeping up and allowing the quick scoring long play behind you.

The game was never even in doubt. We owned it from the 1st stalled Packers drive.

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, DrDawkinstein said:

This game was also 2 unusual Josh decisions away from the Bills winning by 24 points. Could play that what if game all day. Bills were in control of the game from start to finish and won by 10 points.

The Pack continuing to run in the 2nd half was them essentially forfeiting and still saving face. Eat the clock, and get back to the plane.

Our defense played it exactly as they should. Dont get baited into stacking the box or creeping up and allowing the quick scoring long play behind you.

The game was never even in doubt. We owned it from the 1st stalled Packers drive.

And against a good team, that performance isn't going to get it done.  The Packers are not a good team right now and that win was ugly.

Just now, The Wiz said:

Anyone have the clip of Diggs post TD?  Apparently after the TD he threw the ball at Alexander.  I didn't notice it real time but I know they were going at it all game and wouldn't be surprised if it did happen.

I was calling for that replay too. Reminded me of him and Josh going at Ramsey earlier this year. I was going to be fine taking a taunting penalty there as well, but I do think the WRs let Alexander get way too into their heads.

• Agree 1

22 minutes ago, nucci said:

Missing Hyde and Poyer is really going to be a problem as we get closer to the playoffs.

Or with more valuable playing experience our young safeties will improve.  Or we'll trade for one. I don't know. We've already played and beaten the best the AFC has to offer pretty much. 

17 minutes ago, CincyBillsFan said:

You can throw out hypothetical's all you want but we had first and goal at the GB six yard line up 27 - 10 with about eight minutes left in the game.  The Packer's were fortunate that they didn't lose this game by 24 points.

The Packers were fortunate?  What...that we played pretty bad in the second half?

That performance on both sides of the ball the 2nd half isn't going to get it done against good teams. The Packers are not a good team right now.

And against a good team, that performance isn't going to get it done.  The Packers are not a good team right now and that win was ugly.

Like who? Like the Chiefs? Like against the defending SB champs? Like against the Ravens? How many 2021 playoff teams do we need to beat for you to Bill-ieve?

• Like (+1) 1

Just now, DrDawkinstein said:

Like who? Like the Chiefs? Like against the defending SB champs? Like against the Ravens? How many 2021 playoff teams do we need to beat for you to Bill-ieve?

If they play like that against the Chiefs, they will lose.  That's just a plain and simple fact.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.