NFL Week 8: Packers at Bills - post game thread

BuffaloBill

Just now, UKBillFan said:

True, four wins to finish the regular season off last year, all by double digit scores.

I'm thankful the Jets are without Hall next week but we need to smarten up. Hopefully today will act as a warning against sloppiness.

Sometimes I think we get bored in games...like they just lose focus because it's so easy for them.

• Agree 2

Just now, newcam2012 said:

I get that but I disagree too. The Packers couldn't get into a shootout and win the game. Their best chance was to pound the ball running and get some timely big throws from Rodgers. Their game plan in the second half was the right one. It wasn't likely a winning strategy because the Bills were clearly the superior team. However, it gave them the best chance to compete and maybe squeak out a win. I think they errored on going for it on 4th down. They should have taken the 3 points. Also, I thought but was strange how they played with no real urgency at the end of the game. 

The Bills have become accustomed to believing they can stop the run and play nickel D at the same time.  They didn't do a good job of that tonight. Seeing 1st downs+ ripped off run after run was not what I wanted to see and those become as good as pass plays from a team playing from behind.

• Like (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, Big Turk said:

And they scored 27 points and cruised to victory. 

I don’t think i’ll ever be able to understand the mindset of a fan that doesn’t care about how the team played, just the end result.

How a team plays can be a predictor of future games. The result can not.

• Eyeroll 1

Just now, Straight Hucklebuck said:

It just felt like the Packers kind of quit on this game in the second half and if they got lucky just hammering the run, then ok, but never really went for it.

And the Bills kind of just got lulled to sleep too. 

I was shocked how they kept huddling up in the 4th quarter and didn't start going to hurry up until there was like 7 mins left.

1 minute ago, redtail hawk said:

they knew they couldn't win.. Their coach said that coming out for the second half.  Testament to how good the Bills are.

You are making incorrect assumptions. The coach never said that. The Bills were the superior team but I give GB lots of credit for not giving up and fighting. They made a game out of it when they should have lost by 30 points. 

Just now, newcam2012 said:

You are making incorrect assumptions. The coach never said that. The Bills were the superior team but I give GB lots of credit for not giving up and fighting. They made a game out of it when they should have lost by 30 points. 

He said we're playing as if it's 0-0.  It wasn't.

1 minute ago, Straight Hucklebuck said:

It just felt like the Packers kind of quit on this game in the second half and if they got lucky just hammering the run, then ok, but never really went for it.

And the Bills kind of just got lulled to sleep too. 

Yep, LaFleur said after halftime their goal was to win the 2nd half.  Guess he figured the moral victory was better than going for it and exposing themselves to our pass rush.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 1

1 minute ago, newcam2012 said:

The Packers didn't really have to do anything to stay in the game though. We allowed them to hang around.

2 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

McD acknowledged they didn't play their best ball tonight and didn't make it seem all rosie and rainbows, so I'm glad they realize they have some rust to knock off after the bye.  Time to clean that up and put them away.  The second half of this game should've been like the Pittsburgh game with a quick put them away and move on.

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, DapperCam said:

Rewatching the two picks, Allen had a chance to run on both (especially the first one).

I think the coaching staff told him not to run anymore up 17 and his ability to make decisions got impacted a bit.

Yes, this.  The coaches don’t want him taking extra hits.  Smart.  But he needs to throw it away in those situations (he tried, once).   And I bet if the game had ever really gotten close, Josh would have closed the deal.  

• Agree 2

1 minute ago, DapperCam said:

Rewatching the two picks, Allen had a chance to run on both (especially the first one).

I think the coaching staff told him not to run anymore up 17 and his ability to make decisions got impacted a bit.

I think they might have told him not to run because of how chippy it was on the field. It's the only game I can remember where I didn't want him running the ball, was worried about a cheap shot. And I'm one of the biggest proponents of Josh running.

• Like (+1) 1

12 minutes ago, FrenchConnection said:

every super bowl winning team has wins like this. 

Probably true, and we have become spoiled as fans … I know I have. It’s just that we know they’re capable of so much more. This game wasn’t up to the 2022 Bills standard and they’d probably readily admit that. Some of them already have. 

5 minutes ago, Einstein said:

I don’t think i’ll ever be able to understand the mindset of a fan that doesn’t care about how the team played, just the end result.

How a team plays can be a predictor of future games. The result can not.

Things change game to game. This is a matchup league. Other teams do not have the ability to do what GB did for the most part. The Bills will likely not play that poorly against the run again.

I can't understand people who freak out about a single game and act like it's going to be the same thing every week.

Edited by Big Turk
  • Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

5 minutes ago, DapperCam said:

Yep, said earlier that if you sew that seed of doubt in the QB'S mind and make him question if he should run when the run was there , that's their result.  Let Josh be Josh. 

Edited by Billz4ever

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.