NFL Week 8: Packers at Bills - post game thread

BuffaloBill

1 minute ago, LOVEMESOMEBILLS said:

But the QB is extraordinary at making precision throws on deep passes. They didn't need to beat the Chiefs tonight, they had to beat Aaron Rodgers. And we already beat the Chiefs at their house this year. With what? A game plan to beat them. Honestly that comparison is ridiculous.

What kind of lukewarm IQ must you have to keep responding to someone who has literally told you that you are ignored?

Just now, Scott7975 said:

If Mahomes is down 3 scores midway through the 3rd quarter they wont be stupid enough to run the football.

If that was what was working for them you'd better bet your butt they would, especially when the yardage they were ripping off was the same as pass plays would be.  You must have been watching a different game.

17 minutes ago, WideNine said:

For the most part this defense has been pretty solid tackling this year.

Chalk it up to some decent skills by the GB runningbacks and a bit of rust from the bye.

Actually, no.

Joe Marino pointed out on his podcast that since the first two games, the tackling has been near the bottom of the league. We just get away with it because we've made some big impact plays on defense via sacks and turnovers. 

Poor tackling is unfortunately a hallmark of this defense - and we're still pretty damn good. You can see how good we'd be if we also were a good tackling defense.

3 minutes ago, RunTheBall said:

Do you watch football? Seriously, this crusade is lame. The Bills stayed in nickel against heavy fronts all game. Yes, we would have liked a better run D, BUT, when we were up 2-3 scores and GB continued to run, essentially conceding the game, there was no reason to adjust to 3 LB to stop it. No, running the ball is not the same as passing for the same yardage because the Bills weren’t going to give up the quick score. Get it? We were up 2-3 scores, we weren’t going to let them score quick, so we stayed in nickel and let them run. It’s not that hard.

Muted for being clueless but keep making excuses for a defense that didn't adapt and was scared of that receiving Corp.

I'm sure you were saying it wasn't the ridiculous play calling that led to the 13 seconds fiasco too.

4 minutes ago, Billz4ever said:

Once again you are comparing the outcome of the drives instead of focusing on how easy they moved th3 ball.  Not even remotely the same thing at all.

Once again you are complaining that a team ran the football down 3 scores, scored 3 points, and killed their own clock.  If the Bills lost by 10 points and were running the football are you telling me youd be happy af because we were able to gash yards on the ground?  Their running game didnt matter.  What do you not understand about that?

• Like (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1

5 minutes ago, Billz4ever said:

What kind of lukewarm IQ must you have to keep responding to someone who has literally told you that you are ignored?

If that was what was working for them you'd better bet your butt they would, especially when the yardage they were ripping off was the same as pass plays would be.  You must have been watching a different game.

You might have a point if it worked for GB but all it did was work against them. 3 points bro... 3 points in 2 drives killing their own clock.

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Scott7975 said:

Once again you are complaining that a team ran the football down 3 scores, scored 3 points, and killed their own clock.  If the Bills lost by 10 points and were running the football are you telling me youd be happy af because we were able to gash yards on the ground?  Their running game didnt matter.  What do you not understand about that?

And yet AGAIN you are talking about the outcome rather than the ease with which they moved the ball.

You have the luxury of knowing the ultimate outcome, but that was ridiculous what we witnessed tonight.

• Vomit 1

And yet AGAIN you are talking about the outcome rather than the ease with which they moved the ball.

You have the luxury of knowing the ultimate outcome, but that was ridiculous what we witnessed tonight.

You said it was working for them.  I said it didnt because they only scored 3 points.  You think the outcome doesnt matter?

What you witnessed tonight was a team that got some rushing yards and failed to put up points.  Yards dont matter.  Points do.

The Bills turned the ball over twice against a team with Aaron Rodgers and you are worried over some rushing yards when this team has been #1 against the rush 6 games in

Edited by Scott7975
  • Like (+1) 2

14 minutes ago, Billz4ever said:

Mahomes can make those throws and run the ball.  

The D was lackluster tonight and the D play calling did not match what the O was doing.  

You play to the strengths and weaknesses of the other team.  GBs receivers are not good yet we were treating them like it was Diggs on their side.

Their formations repeatedly showed pass and that's what you play for. If you have the better secondary, you make their receivers beat you, not play nickel and let their RBs rip off runs that were equivalent to long passes.

That's playing scared instead of playing to your strengths and daring the other team to put their weakness up against a stronger secondary.

I see you've quit trying to debate on substance and decided to switch to ad hominem.  Welcome to ignore.

Running over seven minutes of clock and then turning the ball over on a 4th and 1 run was a great strategy down 17 at the start of the 4th quarter.  Rodgers consistently waiting until under five seconds left on the play clock to hand it off after checking to a run was next level stuff.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Scott7975 said:

You said it was working for them.  I said it didnt because they only scored 3 points.  You think the outcome doesnt matter?

What you witnessed tonight was a team that got some rushing yards and failed to put up points.  Yards dont matter.  Points do.

So according to you if Rodgers was ripping off those yards it wouldn't matter because they didn't score.

Terrible logic because against better teams, they would've scored  and just to prove my point this thread us being bookmarked to be later revisited.  I can't wait.

2 minutes ago, Billz4ever said:

So according to you if Rodgers was ripping off those yards it wouldn't matter because they didn't score.

Terrible logic because against better teams, they would've scored  and just to prove my point this thread us being bookmarked to be later revisited.  I can't wait.

Yes if Aaron Rodgers was ripping it and the Bills kept him out of the end zone it wouldnt matter because they didnt score points.  That is correct.

Please do.  Revisit this thread the next time the Bills lose because they got gashed in the run. I'll wait.

Edited by Scott7975

3 minutes ago, Scott7975 said:

Yes if Aaron Rodgers was ripping it and the Bills kept him out of the end zone it wouldnt matter because they didnt score points.  That is correct.

Please do.  Revisit this thread the next time the Bills lose because they got gashed in the run. I'll wait.

You just said, it didn't matter if it was run or pass, so whether it's the run tonight or playing the wrong D against the pass against KC and Mahomes in 13 seconds, you can bet your butt this will be thrown in your face.

Edited by Billz4ever

3 minutes ago, Billz4ever said:

I like how we've gone to "against better teams" when we just beat Aaron Rodgers and the Packers.  We've become a spoiled fan base.

• Agree 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, Doc Brown said:

I like how we've gone to "against better teams" when we just beat Aaron Rodgers and the Packers.  We've become a spoiled fan base.

The Aaron Rodgers and Packers that have lost 4 in a row and are 3-5 on the season.

Shouldn't have to be said, but they aren't a good team right now.  We were literally playing against special teamers at LB the second half.

Edited by Billz4ever

10 minutes ago, Lothar said:

Actually, no.

Joe Marino pointed out on his podcast that since the first two games, the tackling has been near the bottom of the league. We just get away with it because we've made some big impact plays on defense via sacks and turnovers. 

Poor tackling is unfortunately a hallmark of this defense - and we're still pretty damn good. You can see how good we'd be if we also were a good tackling defense.

Hard to reconcile that with the Bills leading the league in defensive DVOA.

There have been some sloppy misses especially in the secondary.

Remembering that keystone cops moment with the Steelers where they ran into and wiped themselves out and gave up the TD.

Been playing a lot of rooks and depth guys back there so understandable that they can be caught out of position to make plays.

• Agree 1

You just said, it didn't matter if it was run or pass, so whether it's the run tonight or playing the wrong D against the pass against KC and Mahomes in 13 seconds, you can bet your butt this will be thrown in your face.

Im so scared.  Please dont throw stuff in my face.  

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.