NFL Week 7 - Around the NFL - Gameday thread (Bills have bye)

BuffaloBill

2 hours ago, Bermuda Triangle said:

Isn't the Tea narrative that his ball placement and accuracy are what set him apart?

These throws he's made so far have not been placed well at all.  

He was downright horrible tonight.  He's lucky that Levi Wallace, Sutton and Edmunds have stone hands.

This so-called "explosive" and "fast"  Miami offense has scored more than 20 points in only 1 game so far this year.

As expected, there was some terrible football today, but my god that last game was painful. The Donkeys and Steelers need to be banished to some kind of triple A league for the rest of the season. I can even stomach the Texans over those two right now. 

28 minutes ago, Playoffs? said:

Thought he sucked, and was lucky even 2 or 3 of the 5 ‘almost INTs’ weren’t caught. 

I was just messing with you man. 
Yes, Tua sucked. And the Dolphins did not win because Tua was under center. They won because Kenny Pickett was under center.  For all intents and purposes, they Dolphins easily could’ve lost that game.. because Tua was under center. 

They won because the Pittsburgh DBs have no hands.

37 minutes ago, newcam2012 said:

No. I think Tua sucked tonight. Not sure anyone can say otherwise. What I'm saying is the team somehow wins when Tua is under center. You saw it tonight and against the Bills. Not likely to be sustainable.

They’ve won in spite of tua in those two games you mentioned…the dolphins defense made every clutch stop possible in both games.  The dolphins seem to really struggle putting points on the board despite accumulating massive yardage totals between the 20s 

3 hours ago, Nelius said:

As expected, there was some terrible football today, but my god that last game was painful. The Donkeys and Steelers need to be banished to some kind of triple A league for the rest of the season. I can even stomach the Texans over those two right now. 

The NFL officially has a quarterback problem.  Jalen Hurts and Geno Smith are the 4th and 5th best QBs in the league right now. It’s literally never been this bad, and it makes for terrible football in games that don’t involve Josh Allen or Pat Mahomes.  

As the season goes on, it’s getting more and more apparent…hell, the league is probably praying that DeShaun Watson returns to some semblance of his previous form.  And there are very few promising young QBs in the pipeline.

• Agree 1

8 hours ago, 78thealltimegreat said:

Yes they really looked like a team that could hang with the bills today  

Not saying they would. Just, despite their obvious issues on offense, they needed up scoring only one less point than us. In truth, it's amazing they got to 23.

17 hours ago, DaBillsFanSince1973 said:

"Fools And Their Money"

Sam takes action when Woody gets addicted to gambling. Air Date: Dec 12, 1985

Cliff: "I got the a schedule for next weeks games, anything jumping out atcha?"

Woody: "Indianapolis, Tampa Bay, Buffalo just hit me in the eye, Houston"

It's on Paramount plus. also YouTube(buy/rent), Hulu or Amazon.

I have Paramount plus and your post encouraged me to watch it, and a great watch it was/is!

Thanks for taking the time to do the research and share your find.  I’m going to give that a watch later on today!

• Awesome! (+1) 1

so the mighty tua and the fins could only put up 16 points (at home) in the first half, not score a point in the 2nd half and allow pitt to score 10 and come within a (a bad one at that) a play away from a tie or win in the final ticks?

yet the bills annihilated pitt (at home) 35-3.

so who is worried about tua and the fins?

• Like (+1) 2

1 hour ago, DaBillsFanSince1973 said:

so the mighty tua and the fins could only put up 16 points (at home) in the first half, not score a point in the 2nd half and allow pitt to score 10 and come within a (a bad one at that) a play away from a tie or win in the final ticks?

yet the bills annihilated pitt (at home) 35-3.

They looked good to start and then completely faded. I’m not sure they are even the second best team in the AFC East. 

• Like (+1) 1

5 hours ago, mannc said:

The NFL officially has a quarterback problem.  Jalen Hurts and Geno Smith are the 4th and 5th best QBs in the league right now. It’s literally never been this bad, and it makes for terrible football in games that don’t involve Josh Allen or Pat Mahomes.  

As the season goes on, it’s getting more and more apparent…hell, the league is probably praying that DeShaun Watson returns to some semblance of his previous form.  And there are very few promising young QBs in the pipeline.

Crazy.  Only a few years ago, people were saying how much young QB talent there was in the league.

It seems like a bunch of quarterback stars have either retired in the past few years (Phillip Rivers, Ben Roethlisberger, Drew Brees), or just suddenly hit the age wall this season (Russell Wilson, Matt Ryan, Aaron Rodgers, Tom Brady).  

Many of the up-and-coming guys who showed early promise have since fallen-off (Jared Goff, Carson Wentz, Baker Mayfield) or really started sliding backwards (Kyler Murray, Dak Prescott).  Deshaun Watson's career has been totally derailed by off-field issues.  Last year's draft class has been profoundly disappointing (Trevor Lawrence, Zack Wilson, Trey Lance, Justin Fields).  And this year's class was considered weak from the start.

But possibly the biggest issue is that Patrick Mahomes/Josh Allen are playing at such a high level... everyone else seems weak by comparison.  Justin Herbert is literally setting yardage records for his first 2-3 seasons, but STILL seems a couple tiers below those guys.  Same thing with Joe Burrow and even Lamar Jackson.  In the past, fans would feel pretty good about having young QBs like Tua and Mac Jones on their team.  But in reality... what are the chances those guys are going to lead their team to an AFC East Championship any time soon?

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, DaBillsFanSince1973 said:

Not at all worried about Tua, but then again I never have been. The Dolphins walking away with a win yesterday was a bit of dumb luck, 4 times Tua hit defenders in the numbers and they dropped all 4 of them. And then Kenny threw 3, that 7 interception delta doomed the Steelers and they were still in it till they end (and the last interception).  

10 hours ago, newcam2012 said:

Miami keeps pace in the wild card race. They go to 4-3  tied with the Ravens, Bengals, and Chargers. 

Yep and a win is a win.  But were you impressed with what you saw out of the Dolphins last night?  Do you think Miami goes better then 5 - 5 through the rest of their schedule?

Green Bay looks like they have packed it in this year. If the game is close at all, they just bail out and let the other team win. 

What has happened to the Chargers? Just skimming through the league they need some speed at WR because Herbert/Lombardi/Staley have begun a bad habit, continually checking down. 

Tampa Bay, I just think age is finally catching up to that offense. Not just Brady, but Mike Evans has logged 8+ seasons now, Godwin has had serious injuries, Julio's career is over, and they're down to just Fournette at running back and he doesn't get more than a handful of carries, Cameron Brate is at the end as well with numerous concussions, and their offensive line has fallen apart. 

Giants, I don't believe in them as a serious threat, but give them credit for winning every single 50/50 game this season. 

I wonder if the Jaguars are happy with Trevor Lawrence? Is he trending towards being an upper-echilon QB?

Edited by Straight Hucklebuck

2 minutes ago, Greg S said:

It would be nice if the Bears can pull off an upset tonight. I don't expect it will happen. NE will probably win by 2 scores at least. Go Bears. 

I agree, I would like to see Justin Fields have a good game, because it has been such a struggle to cobble together a semblance of a passing game for them.

• Like (+1) 1

6 hours ago, mannc said:

Im not really sure what the best explanation is.  But in the absence of strong evidence to the contrary, I’m going with “defenses have caught up to offenses” so that in the clear light of 2022 we can see that a lot of mediocre QBs put up grossly inflated numbers over the last couple years. And you’re right: Allen, Mahomes, maybe Burrow and Deshaun (ouch) are the only QBs pretty much guaranteed to give you a good show on any given Sunday. 

27 minutes ago, Greg S said:

How embarrassing was it for Jacksonville yesterday. I realize there are many people from NY/NJ who move to Florida but that game yesterday was a Giants home game from a fans perspective. Had to be at least 75% Giants fans.

It was a travesty. Jacksonville arent there to build a successful NFL franchise. They're there so people pay the NFL to watch their team beat the ***** out of Jacksonville. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

1 hour ago, CincyBillsFan said:

Yep and a win is a win.  But were you impressed with what you saw out of the Dolphins last night?  Do you think Miami goes better then 5 - 5 through the rest of their schedule?

No I wasn't impressed. Miami looked pretty bad. The Chargers, Jets, and Balt didn't look great either. Also, it's more important how you look going into the playoffs not week 7. Thus far,  KC and Buffalo look like they are in a league of their own. 

10 hours ago, Generic_Bills_Fan said:

They’ve won in spite of tua in those two games you mentioned…the dolphins defense made every clutch stop possible in both games.  The dolphins seem to really struggle putting points on the board despite accumulating massive yardage totals between the 20s 

I hear you but there's something to the team wins when Tua is under center. No one is focusing on Tua's poor play so long as the Dolphins win. 

1 hour ago, Dr. K said:

Watch out for Cincinnati. They are going to be hard to beat for the rest of the season. 

that is questionable.

I don't want to sound over confident but I don't see a team in the afc or nfc for that matter, better than the buffalo bills.

built to win.

built to win championships.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.