Allen back to back offensive player of the week

loyal2dagame

40 minutes ago, 78thealltimegreat said:

They should just rename this the Allen award but this week I honestly thought they might have given it to Matt Ryan who played out of his mind on Sunday 

Yeah I was a little surprised too...Ryan had 389 yards and 3 TDs with 0 INTs and a higher completion percentage(72.4%).  Maybe they factored in the competition. Chiefs >>>> Jaguars

• Like (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, Big Turk said:

Yeah I was a little surprised too...Ryan had 389 yards and 3 TDs with 0 INTs and a higher completion percentage(72.4%).  Maybe they factored in the competition. Chiefs >>>> Jaguars

Yes, it's because Allen did it against an elite team. Nobody cares if you beat the Jags.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

59 minutes ago, Matt_In_NH said:

would be three weeks in a row but it was stopped by the bye.

48 minutes ago, eball said:

Good thing the Bills have a bye this week...otherwise it could get embarrassing for the rest of the AFC.

33 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

Good thing he has a bye week so someone else can win

Nah, he'll still win the bye week.  Some team will announce they've signed a one-week contract with a "Losh Jalen" and he'll come out of the tunnel for game time WWE/Wrestling style with smoke and fire, wearing a lucha libre mask under his helmet. 

• Like (+1) 1

I don’t know if we have an opponent on the books who has a more complete team.  The teams I thought may be a problem have folded like cards.

The last two years we lost to hurricane winds with NE, and this year with Congo heat in Miami.

Just remember boys, the revenge Pats game was a thing of beauty with no punts twice.

Guess what Fish, you’re in for it 12/18.  Allen will destroy them and Von will make Tua his witch.

God I can’t wait for the Packs.

It’s on boys.  Enjoy the week off guys.

43 minutes ago, HereComesTheReignAgain said:

Let's compare Allen's excellent stats to the NFC offensive player of the week...

Mariota finished Sunday’s game 13-of-14 passing for 129 yards with two touchdowns, also adding six carries for 50 yards with a TD.

Less than 200 total yards.  The NFC is laughably bad compared to the AFC.  

To back that up, go look at the Eagles schedule. Laughable

My guy in D.C. tells me that we are not dealing with a student here, we're dealing with the Professor.

Any time the Bills have an operation that can't fail, they call this guy in to train the troops, OK?

He's the kind of guy that would drink a gallon of gasoline so he could piss in your campfire! You could drop this guy off at the Arctic Circle wearing a pair of bikini underwear, without his toothbrush, and tomorrow afternoon he's going to show up at your pool side with a million dollar smile and fist full of pesos!

How did Matt Ryan not get this, this week?

42-58

389 Yards

3 TD

0 INT

0 Sacks

EDIT:  I realize Josh won because it was against a better opponent in a bigger game and he put up crazy numbers with far fewer pass attempts.  I was just saying, stats-wise, Ryan had a great day.

Edited by Gugny
  • Agree 1

Just now, eball said:

We are finally getting the benefit of being a high profile team.

My only guess is the quality of the opponent.  Josh put up sick numbers against KC.  Ryan did it against the Jaguars.  Don't get me wrong (as I'm sure some people here are wishing death upon me), I'm glad Josh won it again.  I just think Ryan had the more impressive day.

• Agree 1

5 minutes ago, Gugny said:

42-58

389 Yards

3 TD

0 INT

0 Sacks

Opponent 

and it took a while but I’m fully ready to admit that Allen is better than EJ Manuel (though maybe if Ej had this coaching staff, his career turns out different!).

1 minute ago, DrDawkinstein said:

Ryan passed a bunch and put up numbers, but Josh was clutch in a brutal heavy weight battle. Watching both games it becomes clear who had the bigger game.

Not to be that guy but Colts v. jags is an all time classic rivalry on par with Michigan OSU and Duke- Nc. 

• Like (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, C.Biscuit97 said:

Opponent 

and it took a while but I’m fully ready to admit that Allen is better than EJ Manuel (though maybe if Ej had this coaching staff, his career turns out different!).

Not to be that guy but Colts v. jags is an all time classic rivalry on par with Michigan OSU and Duke- Nc. 

I do enjoy me some Colts/Jags as well. Great rivalry. But the games were totally different.

• Like (+1) 1

2 hours ago, Matt_In_NH said:

would be three weeks in a row but it was stopped by the bye.

Nah. There just gonna “give it to him”…

40 minutes ago, Gugny said:

42-58

389 Yards

3 TD

0 INT

0 Sacks

Cuz he’s a girl. It’s against the rules.

• Haha (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Gugny said:

42-58

389 Yards

3 TD

0 INT

0 Sacks

I was gonna say "because you can't trust a guy with two first names", but then I remembered who the Bills have under center 😳

• Haha (+1) 3

1 hour ago, Gugny said:

42-58

389 Yards

3 TD

0 INT

0 Sacks

Because Matt Ryan's performance was against the Jaguars. Josh's was against the other top team in the AFC, on the road, Nationally televised, and he killed it. 

• Like (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.