Week 8: SNF Packers at Bills (-10.5) 10/30 8:20pm

Process

1 hour ago, Big Turk said:

He might be afraid to come back...there are real life demons here apparently that tortured him. That dude needs to be seeing a shrink.

Seriously?  When he tweeted about being an incredibly powerful Solar Lizard Being I thought that was some kind of joke reference to a Sci Fi series or something

Didn't know where else to post this thought...not worthy of it's own thread, so I'm popping it in here.

I heard a few talking heads lament the Bills having such an early bye, especially with them playing as well as they are right now.

But I was thinking (as far as rest goes), these guys have been going not since week one, but rather since the start of training camp (which opened on July 24th). So, it has been 13 weeks since the start of training. And if the Bills can secure the number one seed, they would get another bye week in 11 more weeks. So, the bye comes kind of right in the middle of that and with the early season injuries, it seems to me like the perfect time for the bye week. And even if they aren't the #1 seed, but make the Super Bowl, then the split would be 13 weeks to bye week and 16 weeks to the off week before the SB. Still not too bad.

And I don't mind the extra time to prepare for a prime time game against Green Bay (even though GB isn't great this year). And again, even though things are going well, with a new offensive coordinator and so many new guys on defense, also seems like a good time to assess where they are and make adjustments where needed for the home stretch.

• Agree 4

I'm glad the Packers have a game this week after laying an egg last week.  They could be dangerous this week as I think they have a lot of pride and were embarrassed by their play in the last game.  It's not a huge issue though.  I think that ultimately, it's talent that wins games.  If they're not good enough, they won't threaten the Bills just because they're pissed.

9 minutes ago, BigAl2526 said:

I'm glad the Packers have a game this week after laying an egg last week.  They could be dangerous this week as I think they have a lot of pride and were embarrassed by their play in the last game.  It's not a huge issue though.  I think that ultimately, it's talent that wins games.  If they're not good enough, they won't threaten the Bills just because they're pissed.

Agree.

There is a lot of pride there, but like you I just don't see the same level of receiver talent or RB talent that our defense has had to overcome this season.

Their OL has been Swiss cheese too with Rogers getting smacked around a lot. He is good at rolling out and putting it on the money, but pressure is the great leveler and Tre White should have his coming out party.

Edited by WideNine

They way things have looked so far this year, Buffalo should destroy the Packers. Like one of those 40-13 games that isn't even as close as the score looks. Josh should be out of the game by midway through the 3rd quarter type drubbing.

But this is the NFL and I've learned over the years that what "should" happen and what "does" happen are rarely the same thing. I'm still expecting a Bills win. But I think it's going to be a 27-20 game. 

• Process changed the title to Bills (-8.5) vs Aaron Rodgers, Packers ....Now (-10.5)
On 10/22/2022 at 6:03 PM, Beck Water said:

Seriously?  When he tweeted about being an incredibly powerful Solar Lizard Being I thought that was some kind of joke reference to a Sci Fi series or something

Dude is tapped, and it's over.  I have seen nutcase after nutcase over the years play at a high level in the NFL (Ray Lewis, Pac-man, looking at you, among others).  Rodgers, barring some miraculous infusion of care, is done.

Anything 14 and under I'm taking the Bills

Just now, Dablitzkrieg said:

They will cover too

Maybe cover by more than double 

3 minutes ago, Gene1973 said:

Rodgers is going to have a great game at some point. Better not be this one.

If he does it won't matter because Allen on Primetime is Must See TV

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, WotAGuy said:

Never thought the Packers would be a “trap game”. 

Every game this year is a trap game, because if the Bills lose their position then they'll definitely need to go through KC again.  It's doable, but then again, it's not ideal.  One hopes that someone else in the conference will have enough gas in the tank to finish that job, and I kind of doubt it, but we'll see.

Having written that, KC at BUF for AFC-CG would be sublime.

• Like (+1) 2

The Packers have lost to Daniel Jones, Zach Wilson, Kirk Cousins, and Taylor Heinicke. They barely beat Bailey Zappe and needed a boneheaded play by a clearly washed Tom Brady to beat Tampa. 
The QB they play next is basically John Wick. Bills are on a mission they will look at the Packers as a “business trip” even though it will be at home. 

• Agree 2

6 minutes ago, 78thealltimegreat said:

The Packers have lost to Daniel Jones, Zach Wilson, Kirk Cousins, and Taylor Heinicke. They barely beat Bailey Zappe and needed a boneheaded play by a clearly washed Tom Brady to beat Tampa. 
The QB they play next is basically John Wick. Bills are on a mission they will look at the Packers as a “business trip” even though it will be at home. 

Tampa was also missing their top 3 WR. 

GB is not in a slump. They are legitimately a garbage football team that we should beat by 3 TDs. 

• Agree 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.