MNF- Raiders @ Chiefs 10-10-22

T&C

Just now, RocCityRoller said:

kicking the XP would mean OT at least.

ANALytics at its best

Did analytics ACTUALLY say that was the right move? I didn't actually see anything, just people saying it because that's what they always claim for all 2-point conversions. 

2 minutes ago, Warcodered said:

They did this same play earlier in the game and it was brilliant. 🤷‍♂️

Except they only needed like 20 more yards to win the game with a long FG. Also if they don’t catch it the game is over, vs earlier it would just be a turnover on downs. Totally different circumstances.

• Agree 1

1 minute ago, MJS said:

Did analytics ACTUALLY say that was the right move? I didn't actually see anything, just people saying it because that's what they always claim for all 2-point conversions. 

When a team ties up a big lead, and then takes a lead, and you can come back and tie them, yes you tie them up.

Kicks are weird things.

2 minutes ago, RocCityRoller said:

kicking the XP would mean OT at least.

ANALytics at its best

Kicking the XP would have meant the chiefs winning by 3 or 7. 

The raiders had a better shot at winning this my missing the 2 point conversion than making the XP to tie it. 

If they had made the 2, they might  have gotten lucky with a TO, but still would have had time to win because the chiefs wouldn’t have dilly dallied getting to FG range, and you can better conserve time once the chiefs got into range

• Disagree 2

1 minute ago, Bimmer323i said:

If we come out with that killer instinct like we did against the Steelers I think we can blow these guys out…. 

If Chiefs didn’t establish the run, which was a turning point for them, they lose. We stop the run and cover Kelce even 50% of the time I think Bills win big.

• Like (+1) 2

3 minutes ago, Process said:

Announcers saying "the old pull and shoot" as if people know what the hell they are talking about.

Looked more like the defender got blocked backward and was trying not to fall down. The offensive linemen certainly wasn't making an attempt to block anyone else.

• Agree 1

Just now, Motorin' said:

There was zero holding on that play. 

I mean there was no shooting either. Everyone else was past him when he made contact.

Egregious may terrible call that likely statistically swing the odds in KC’s favor

• Like (+1) 1

Just now, RocCityRoller said:

When a team ties up a big lead, and then takes a lead, and you can come back and tie them, yes you tie them up.

Kicks are weird things.

One reason NOT to go for 2: it puts the Chiefs offence in 4-down territory the entire drive; you give them an extra down they wouldn't take if it were a tie game as they'd be good with punting on 4th down. 

I would never give the Chiefs 4 downs to get within FG range — and an FG takes the lead back... Dumb.

Just now, Bimmer323i said:

I say double that mother every play screw it… take him right outta game… all those damn lucky lobs Mahomes throws up and he always comes down with them

sadly; even if we do that he’ll still come down with several of those 50-50 balls.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.