Activist stopped by Bobby Wagner - Rams, files police report citing Assault

Just Jack

30 minutes ago, CircleTheWagons99 said:

Wow. You are just amazing. I am speechless. Have nothing to reply to this nonsense.  Never did i get political , but i guess you had to come up with to talk about and make yourself feel superior. 

Apparently I am 0-2 on jokes. 🤷‍♂️

• Agree 1

4 hours ago, The Wiz said:

The cause that he was involved in that is part of a current trial where his group is being accused of stealing pigs from a factory farm. 

Not sure how that really helps his cause.   I think there are more bacon eaters in the world than vegans.

Not disputing that.  Just saying he wants the added attention.  Not saying it's smart of him to do so.  That's why he pulled the stunt in the first place, in his own words.

On 10/6/2022 at 8:23 AM, Albany,n.y. said:

The "protestor" was in the process of criminal trespassing .  When someone is committing a crime you should have the right to stop the criminal by non deadly force if you can. Since I don't know the law I used the word should, but IMO you must be allowed to stop a crime with non deadly force and not be liable for any injury to the criminal if you are physically able to do so.

I saw Paul Cambria (local celeb attorney) on WGRZ, and he said essentially this.

Soy Latte Animal Rights Activist is likely complaining that Wagner used excessive force.

7 minutes ago, Billsatlastin2018 said:

Only in America, can a complete clown file a suit to counter his own criminal actions!

Too bad Wagner didn’t knock him the ***** out!

Your first sentence is true on so many counts.

Too bad they didn't have to scrape his carcass off the field.,

8 minutes ago, Billsatlastin2018 said:

Only in America, can a complete clown file a suit to counter his own criminal actions!

Too bad Wagner didn’t knock him the ***** out!

My only hope is that they run up one helluva legal bill, and he gets stuck paying for both sides after this gets laughed out of court. 

What’s next? I broke into your house and hurt my knee when I tripped over the ottoman you left out of place? 

2 minutes ago, JDubya76 said:

Wish Wagner would have cracked the guys skull.

OK, there even I draw the line, but a firm lesson should be there for all to see. 

On 10/6/2022 at 6:23 PM, BigDingus said:

Yes, there are times when an obviously stupid lawsuit pans out, but this guy has absolutely no chance.

Aside from being in the act of breaking the law as it is, he also snuck a cannister of unknown gas into the stadium, then proceeded to unleash it inside... exposing players & fans alike to something potentially dangerous.

Wagner can easily say he didn't know what chemicals were being sprayed everywhere & feared for his safety. Releasing an unknown gas into the air, running past players & security while doing so, could easily be considered as a potential threat.

Hopefully it never comes to Wagner having to defend himself to that degree but this is absolutely true.

We know it was just a smoke bomb now, but what if it wasn’t? Some crazy guy running on the field towards players, staff, and fans, sets off some flaming canister of gas. Wagner could have pulled a Myles Garrett helmet smash on the guy and just said he was trying to protect himself everyone in harms way. Would be an easy self defense case.

Thinking about how much money this could end up costing the so called “activist”, he could have just saved himself the time and donated that towards his cause.

• Agree 1

On 10/6/2022 at 6:16 AM, Just Jack said:

My wife, a lawyer, said good luck with that, referring to the fan that ran onto the field, 

Reading the commentary of the protester and his group, these people are entirely narcissistic. They literally think the world revolves around them. They actually said their cause is more important than a sporting eventand thus he shouldnt be tackled.

Edited by ArtVandalay
  • Thank you (+1) 1

Truly any judge that gives a guy standing in court is insane. The guy was clearly and with full knowledge breaking the law and trying to cause distress to others, being slammed to the ground is a likely outcome. If Wagner starting wailing on him after I would still be on Wagner's side but I could at least see an argument. 

• Like (+1) 2

19 hours ago, ArtVandalay said:

Reading the commentary of the protester and his group, these people are entirely narcissistic. They literally think the world revolves around them. They actually said their cause is more important than a sporting eventand thus he shouldnt be tackled.

The activism of “Direct Action Everywhere” is meant to raise public awareness of animal cruelty in factory farms. We can disagree with the efficacy, legality, and morality of the group’s methods. But (presumably) without knowing members personally, none of us have any reason to believe their hearts aren’t in the right places: that is, with the animals.

On the subject of factory farm ethics: Bills fans should listen to Von Miller speak about the free-range chicken farm he owns. He touches upon many of these issues whenever he talks about his chickens. The main takeaway here is that even omnivores can acknowledge the atrocities of factory farming and make choices in their personal lives that help minimize the senseless suffering of farm animals.

In my opinion, persuading people you know to watch documentaries like this one is much more effective than randomly disrupting a football game with pink flares:

• Like (+1) 2
  • Dislike 1

On 10/6/2022 at 3:16 AM, Just Jack said:

The only thing the activist is really trying to do here is get more attention on what he was protesting.  Their lawyer knows already and I am sure they do to that there is 0% chance to win this case.  It's merely a publicity stunt just like his BS move on the field was.  Same thing happened in the Rams vs Bills game, same pink smoke for same BS publicity stunt.  

20 hours ago, Orlando Tim said:

Truly any judge that gives a guy standing in court is insane. The guy was clearly and with full knowledge breaking the law and trying to cause distress to others, being slammed to the ground is a likely outcome. If Wagner starting wailing on him after I would still be on Wagner's side but I could at least see an argument. 

He filed a criminal complaint.  The DA will decide whether it would ever go to court, not any judge.

10 minutes ago, Mr. WEO said:

He filed a criminal complaint.  The DA will decide whether it would ever go to court, not any judge.

I am assuming the criminal complaint is a first step towards a civil complaint where a judge will have to give the guy standing. 

21 hours ago, ArtVandalay said:

I have a niece who came to our house on Thanksgiving and turned off the TV/football game so we could all just talk. I considered “The Wagner Approach”, but there were so many witnesses. It was a close call, she had been invited to the house, she had not been invited to touch any remote controls in the house. 

Years later, we have come to have a better understanding of each other. I’m willing to bet Thanksgiving goes by without a hitch this year. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

On 10/6/2022 at 4:59 AM, The Wiz said:

The part that I think is awful is what happens to the guy that ran on the field.  I can't remember which show I was watching (might have been McAfee) but apparently the only punishment is a $250 fine.  That's all.  Not banned from the stadium, no jail time.  Just a fine and allowed to come back next week and do the same crap again.

Not sure why the NFL doesn't have a say in what happens to the people that run out on the field and do these stupid things.

I doubt that private businesses anywhere are allowed to set punishment for crimes. That's what the legal system is for.

9 hours ago, frostbitmic said:

He could've pulled out another canister that went BOOM, or a canister containing sarin gas or something else deadly.

After this moron loses his case, the judge should order him to pay court costs for a frivolous lawsuit, while he's spending some time behind bars.

running onto a football field deserves jail time?  Seriously?

9 hours ago, Bill from NYC said:

Mike Curtis was one of the toughest men to ever play football.

If this idiot collects money from his lawsuit, the doors will open up to other schmucks to follow suit and this will happen at almost every game.

what lawsuit

13 minutes ago, klos63 said:

I doubt that private businesses anywhere are allowed to set punishment for crimes. That's what the legal system is for.

Private business.  Private property.  That could be criminal trespassing along with all the rules that are listed in the fans code of conduct.

14 hours ago, ComradeKayAdams said:

The activism of “Direct Action Everywhere” is meant to raise public awareness of animal cruelty in factory farms. We can disagree with the efficacy, legality, and morality of the group’s methods. But (presumably) without knowing members personally, none of us have any reason to believe their hearts aren’t in the right places: that is, with the animals.

On the subject of factory farm ethics: Bills fans should listen to Von Miller speak about the free-range chicken farm he owns. He touches upon many of these issues whenever he talks about his chickens. The main takeaway here is that even omnivores can acknowledge the atrocities of factory farming and make choices in their personal lives that help minimize the senseless suffering of farm animals.

In my opinion, persuading people you know to watch documentaries like this one is much more effective than randomly disrupting a football game with pink flares:

None of that gives him the right to do what he did

And There are millions of people suffering in this country terribly… farm chickens aren’t top priority 

Let’s help the people that need it first

Edited by Buffalo716
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Eyeroll 1

1 hour ago, Mr. WEO said:

You are saying he shouldn't be allowed his day in court for a lawsuit he hasn't filed......

Think people assume getting a police report and pressing charges is the first step in gathering enough evidence together to bring a civil suit for money. Time will tell if he actually does.

• Like (+1) 1

On 10/8/2022 at 6:50 PM, klos63 said:

running onto a football field deserves jail time?  Seriously?

Who knew at the time that he didn't have a gun or that the purple smoke wasn't sarin gas or that he didn't have a bomb. It's more than just trespassing on a football field.  ******** like that need to be dealt with and a slap on the wrist or small fine doesn't cut it.

2 hours ago, frostbitmic said:

Who knew at the time that he didn't have a gun or that the purple smoke wasn't sarin gas or that he didn't have a bomb. It's more than just trespassing on a football field.  ******** like that need to be dealt with and a slap on the wrist or small fine doesn't cut it.

I don't condone running on the field, but you can't charge someone for 'possibly' possessing sarin gas or a bomb. That's not how it works. He didn't have either.

The fact is, all he did was interrupt a football game by running onto the field. That's not something you should go to prison for.

• Like (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.