Nathan Peterman cut by Bears

I'm Spartacus

Great run; you really have to tip your hat to the guy. He beat all the odds to take home some 5 million bucks, give or take, in the last five years. He could roll that into an annuity and retire off it right now if he was so inclined. 

Good on you Mr. Peterman. 

• Like (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, skibum said:

Great run; you really have to tip your hat to the guy. He beat all the odds to take home some 5 million bucks, give or take, in the last five years. He could roll that into an annuity and retire off it right now if he was so inclined. 

Good on you Mr. Peterman. 

If he want to live like a pauper

2 hours ago, HOUSE said:

If he only had a criminal record, the Browns were waiting

7 minutes ago, Kirby Jackson said:

That guy stole so much money!! You have to give him credit. He’s, statistically, the worst QB in NFL History. He made $4.8M. That guy should serve a few years behind bars for that. He can hold the clipboard for Paul Crewe.

This, and he briefly stole McD's sanity.

He's an absolute criminal.

• Haha (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

Chicago is releasing quarterback Nathan Peterman, according to Ian Rapoport of NFL Media. But the Bears do intend to bring Peterman back for their practice squad as their third quarterback. Peterman will earn between 15K-20K per week on the practice squad because he is a Veteran. 

300-400K a year to be on an NFL roster.  Peterman has a great life.  My guess is he will be on some NFL coaching staff one day. Smart guy.

Edited by Bills2022
  • Like (+1) 2

10 minutes ago, Bills2022 said:

Chicago is releasing quarterback Nathan Peterman, according to Ian Rapoport of NFL Media. But the Bears do intend to bring Peterman back for their practice squad as their third quarterback. Peterman will earn between 15K-20K per week on the practice squad because he is a Veteran. 

300-400K a year to be on an NFL roster.  Peterman has a great life.  My guess is he will be on some NFL coaching staff one day. Smart guy.

I know it'll probably never happen, but I'd love to see him start another NFL game. All that practice squad and practice over the last 4 or 5 years must've made him better right? 

4 hours ago, eee1776 said:

He is like a  cat, he will land on his feet somewhere.

No he won't. He has burnt through the equivalent of 9 lives 

1 hour ago, Kirby Jackson said:

That guy stole so much money!! You have to give him credit. He’s, statistically, the worst QB in NFL History. He made $4.8M. That guy should serve a few years behind bars for that. He can hold the clipboard for Paul Crewe.

Can't fault him for marketing himself well. Imo, he is effectively out of the league now. He should just invest that money in safe instruments and do anything except try to play QB in the NFL

• Like (+1) 1

6 minutes ago, Steptide said:

I know it'll probably never happen, but I'd love to see him start another NFL game. All that practice squad and practice over the last 4 or 5 years must've made him better right? 

Peterman is not an NFL starter, BUT he is better than he showed with the Bills.  He threw a beautiful ball to Benjamin in the San Diego game. Benjamin made a great catch and got hurt. After that he was throwing to a bunch of awful receivers that could not get ANY separation. His first interception was DiMarco's fault too. Ball went right through his hands.

I think he is backup on a bad team or a practice squad player.  Man, the Bills were terrible when he was here.

Edited by Bills2022
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Disagree 2
  • Agree 1

19 minutes ago, Bills2022 said:

Earning nearly $5 million in his career and standing to earn about $300K this year is pretty sweet for a young guy.

On the other hand he has a lot to live down... 

"Peterman struggled in the NFL, throwing five interceptions during the first half of his starting debut and posting a 0.0 passer rating in the 2018 season opener when he completed 5-18 passes for 24 yards, threw two interceptions and had no first downs until the third quarter. He was benched in favor of Josh Allen after posting a 0.0 passer rating as the Bills lost 47–3.

His 12 interceptions between 2017 and 2018 are the most for a quarterback with less than 100 passing attempts...His five interceptions tied an NFL record for the most thrown in a player's first career start."

Peterman's been the butt of jokes and the subject of ridicule by many NFL fans.

I hope the money softens the blows of embarrassment. 

57 minutes ago, Sierra Foothills said:

Earning nearly $5 million in his career and standing to earn about $300K this year is pretty sweet for a young guy.

On the other hand he has a lot to live down... 

"Peterman struggled in the NFL, throwing five interceptions during the first half of his starting debut and posting a 0.0 passer rating in the 2018 season opener when he completed 5-18 passes for 24 yards, threw two interceptions and had no first downs until the third quarter. He was benched in favor of Josh Allen after posting a 0.0 passer rating as the Bills lost 47–3.

His 12 interceptions between 2017 and 2018 are the most for a quarterback with less than 100 passing attempts...His five interceptions tied an NFL record for the most thrown in a player's first career start."

There's no sense in crying over spilled milk

He told us only Jesus can judge him. But the reality is that NFL GMs have judged him mutliple times. And he sucks.

5 hours ago, Bills2022 said:

Peterman is not an NFL starter, BUT he is better than he showed with the Bills.  He threw a beautiful ball to Benjamin in the San Diego game. Benjamin made a great catch and got hurt. After that he was throwing to a bunch of awful receivers that could not get ANY separation. His first interception was DiMarco's fault too. Ball went right through his hands.

I think he is backup on a bad team or a practice squad player.  Man, the Bills were terrible when he was here.

Nah. He is hot garbage.

• Haha (+1) 1

I travelled halfway around the world to attend the Houston game in 2018 …the one where Allen got injured and NP threw a pick 6 in the last minute with the scores tied…

This was after the Bills D turned away a Ist and Goal from their one the series before and limited the damage to a field goal…

F NP..

He has made nearly $5 million in the NFL over his career. Good for him.

6 hours ago, Bills2022 said:

It wasn't just that 5 INT game. He had problems every single time he stepped on the field in a Bills uniform, spanning both years he was with the team.

I don't think he is good enough to play in the NFL. And he is even a low end backup. 

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.