Bills pick up Ed Oliver’s 5th yr option

nato7412

If the Bills can put anyone else on the D-Line that offenses need to worry about, Oliver should start putting up the numbers many of us had hoped for when he was drafted.

Enter Von Miller....

• Like (+1) 5
  • Agree 3
  • Thank you (+1) 1

6 minutes ago, PrimeTime101 said:

Hmm. I don't quite know if i agree with this move.

Beane and company obviously see the potential for Oliver to explode this year alongside Von Miller.

But either way he's been a good player. Not quite elite, but could get there and he's played alongside crap when you consider the overall pass rush the last few years.

Before last season, I bagged on EO and didn’t want this. 
    I’m throwing my Mea Culpa out now and saying This is the correct move.

He is poised to possibly have a crazy good season in the interior. That Contract year motivation doesn’t hurt.

• Like (+1) 5
  • Agree 1

18 minutes ago, PrimeTime101 said:

Hmm. I don't quite know if i agree with this move.

I got lots of funny faces... Look... I would of extended him right away... He is going to have Shaq on one side and a guy named Von. My point... pay him now because Olivers stats are going to explode this year with those faces around him on this team... Its not that I dont like ED... its just that I dont want to over pay next year

Just now, John from Riverside said:

read up I should of explained it more.

Edited by PrimeTime101

1 minute ago, PrimeTime101 said:

I got lots of funny faces... Look... I would of extended him right away... He is going to have Shaq on one side and a guy named Von. My point... pay him now because Olivers stats are going to explode this year with those faces around him on this team... Its not that I dont like ED... its just that I dont want to over pay next year

read up

They can extend him before this season and likely will. This is the same timeline Beane has used with Tre and Allen. Pick up option,  then extend. Edmunds may not be similar to those because his market *could* outweigh his value to Bills and his agent may know that. 

• Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 1

11 minutes ago, BuffaloRebound said:

Getting voted to a Pro Bowl determining how much the 5th year option is needs to go away.  How can you tell a team that something as arbitrary as a Pro Bowl selection just increased the guaranteed amount of the option? 

I don't know how that's a thing, but I think we should hammer the Pro Bowl vote button for any Pats, Dolphins, and Jets that make it 😁

• Agree 1

30 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

They can extend him before this season and likely will. This is the same timeline Beane has used with Tre and Allen. Pick up option,  then extend. Edmunds may not be similar to those because his market *could* outweigh his value to Bills and his agent may know that. 

So Josh's 5th year would have been cheaper because for mystifying reasons he didn't make the Probowl?

53 minutes ago, RobbRiddick said:

Ed has something big between his legs

a5419f7c-c077-423a-98e5-75877cb6b314-lar

they list ed olivers weight at 287..he must be riding a Very strong horse just sayin'.........he's a Load!

• Like (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.