Bills sign Jamison Crowder

YoloinOhio

Beane after the McKissic news….. 

Beane:  NOBODY does that to me!!!  !@#$ it.    Forget my cap ethics.   Sign Von.  Sign OJ.  Give me Shaq and Jordan.  Give me any rb that can catch.  Give me the black Beasley.

Intern:  what about CB 2?

Beane:  Woah.  Let’s not go crazy here.

Edited by Doc Brown
  • Eyeroll 1
  • Haha (+1) 6
  • Awesome! (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

20 minutes ago, Process said:

Did you see him trying to return punts last season? He has zero business being on an NFL football field.

Practice squad or just cut him. 

Lol I don't even know how to describe his running style. He has good straight line speed but seems to lack football skills to put it mildly.

3 hours ago, Dablitzkrieg said:

Beane, "yeah, we're pretty much done in FA"

10 minutes  later-sign a RB.  Later sign a WR.  

I believe the quote from his appearance on the Pat McAfee show was something along the lines of, we’re shopping in the low end of the pool now trying to plug some roster holes, cash-wise 🤣

Edited by NoHuddleKelly12

4 minutes ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

Will be very very interested to find out what "up to $4 million" means.

Probably $2.5 with incentives in terms of games played maybe a $50k for every game played and an extra $1m if he exceeds 75 receptions or 1000 yards receiving.

Edited by The Jokeman
  • Like (+1) 1

3 hours ago, Big Blitz said:

CB in RD 1 it is.  

Solid possession slot WR

I remember Beane said he didn't plan to take all those lineman so early on in the last draft. He went BPA because he didn't feel there were dire needs and didn't want to miss out on that talent.

Is CB a dire need now? I personally think it is, but in the first round I wonder if he'll go for BPA on his big board no matter the position. If he feels like he's reaching for CB I just don't see him doing it.

Edited by galept

2 hours ago, ScottLaw said:

BPA…. Considering they’ve only used one first round pick on offense(Josh) I expect defense unfortunately. 

Scott…this is one of the rare occasions where you and I are on the same page: I really want a 1st round WR in the draft this year. I agree that it’s time to start spending some premium draft capital on offense. Keep the fastball.

• Like (+1) 4

Definitely a poor man's Landry, and maybe too long in the tooth to be a factor, but I've always liked him.   Tough, hard-nosed, serious route runner, good hands.   He will know how to complement the other receivers in the route tree.   He can be a factor.   But he isn't a lock to make the team.  

• Disagree 3

1 minute ago, Shaw66 said:

Definitely a poor man's Landry, and maybe too long in the tooth to be a factor, but I've always liked him.   Tough, hard-nosed, serious route runner, good hands.   He will know how to complement the other receivers in the route tree.   He can be a factor.   But he isn't a lock to make the team.  

Aren’t he and Landry the same age?

3 minutes ago, Shaw66 said:

Only 28 years old. Had a couple tough years in a row but who was throwing the ball the him?

• Thank you (+1) 3

2 minutes ago, Shaw66 said:

Just one note:

He’s the same age — 29 — that Beasley was when he signed with the Bills.

If he fails to stick or contribute here, I don’t feel that age will be the reason.

I’m admittedly an eternal optimist, but the fact that Crowder had more career catches, yards, and touchdowns in his 7 years prior to joining the Bills than Beasley had in HIS 7 pre-Bills years, all while playing with much worse quarterbacks than Beasley had….makes me hopeful that Crowder can be a productive slot receiver in this offense.

That said, if I had my ‘druthers, the Bills would draft a more explosive receiver in round 1 or 2 that pushes Crowder down or off the depth chart. I look at 29 year old Crowder as a push with 32 year old Beasley, but I’d prefer an UPGRADE to Beasley.

• Like (+1) 7
  • Thank you (+1) 1

7 minutes ago, ScottLaw said:

Yea… McD had hinted at the combine they feel they can get receivers later in the draft so I just don’t see it unfortunately. My guess is CB or offensive line… rather they sign a veteran CB and go WR or tackle with that first rounder… they’ve invested enough defensively with first round picks. 

I am a fan of always drafting a CB in the draft, as it is a passing league. I just don’t think it needs to be a 1st rd pick in this draft. IMO, the 1st pick and most picks this year should be on the offensive side. With a talent like Allen, they need to continually draft and develop talent around him. 

• Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 2

4 hours ago, MAJBobby said:

This is going to a a very solid signing IMO. Well done. 

only major hole left is CB. 

If they next sign a solid starting CB, the draft will be about depth and the future.  I just can’t see going into the season with Dane Jackson and a rookie, although many rookie DBs start immediately and do well.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

4 hours ago, Doc said:

I was just going to post that I can see him trading-up this year, in several rounds.

Trading up yes, but I don’t think he will trade into the upper first round. Beane is very hesitant to trade future years draft capital. Any trading up will be with this years draft capital only. We need constant churning of cheap contributors on cheap contracts, and trading higher picks in future years makes that much harder. 
If he can trade up for Sauce or Stingley trading asserts for this draft only, sure, but anything else is very unlikely. 

7 minutes ago, BobbyC81 said:

If they next sign a solid starting CB, the draft will be about depth and the future.  I just can’t see going into the season with Dane Jackson and a rookie, although many rookie DBs start immediately and do well.

I’m positive they will pick up a vet who can at-least hold the fort down. Probably one of the older guys like Haden, Peterson, Rhodes, or others. Someone who can start on the outside at-least half the season. 

• Like (+1) 1

35 minutes ago, Norcalbillsfan said:

Just stay healthy and I think it's a solid move. I'm still all about a WR in the draft though 

Middle rounds. Right now we’re about the same as last year maybe better depending on Davis’ development. Need some depth outside but middle rounds is a good spot.

I’m looking at CB and OL.

• Like (+1) 1

2 hours ago, billsfan1959 said:

I am a fan of always drafting a CB in the draft, as it is a passing league. I just don’t think it needs to be a 1st rd pick in this draft. IMO, the 1st pick and most picks this year should be on the offensive side. With a talent like Allen, they need to continually draft and develop talent around him. 

It does when you don’t know if you have two starting corners to take the field

3 minutes ago, John from Riverside said:

It does when you don’t know if you have two starting corners to take the field

I'm confident they're going to find a way to sign a vet CB, they're just waiting for the market to crash and ***** up one of those guys on the cheap.

• Agree 3

2 hours ago, billsfan1959 said:

Point well taken. But a great 1st Round CB gives you 5 years at very reasonable compensation and CB is more necessary than a Drafting a WR these days.

1 hour ago, Bruffalo said:

I'm confident they're going to find a way to sign a vet CB, they're just waiting for the market to crash and ***** up one of those guys on the cheap.

I think that’s gonna happen too I just I just think we need to look to the long term Wallace is gone tre just coming off an injury Dane Jackson while I like him a lot is not a starting corner he is more of a third guy we need to draft a corner that is going to pair up with Trey for years

Edited by John from Riverside

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.