Bills sign Jamison Crowder

YoloinOhio

24 minutes ago, ProcessTruster said:

Sat next to him by chance and chatted him up a 5-6 years ago at the Redskins annual "Kickoff Luncheon" here in the DC area.   Really nice, respectful kid; was a rookie sweating out just making the team in spite of a hamstring injury. Well spoken, Duke grad and it showed.   Humble.   Really liked him.   I can see why he has succeeded.   Will be a good process guy.   Not a Diva like Beas, and has some quicks and skills.  

McBeanes still just absolutely killing it.   

Trust the Process,  

Go Bills.  

You don’t say…

• Eyeroll 1

I am not sure why people are not more excited by this signing.  Exactly what the doctor ordered in my opinion to replace Beasley.  When both he and Beasley were free agents, this is the player being talked up around here, but the Jets overpayed and got him.  

Josh will be the best QB he has ever played with and second is not even close.  Even so, he has put up good numbers.  This was needed.  I do not believe MacKenzie is a full time slot receiver.  If this signing works, it puts MacKenzie where he belongs on the depth chart, and certainly does not preclude them from looking for a true speed wide out in the draft to ultimately push Davis and Diggs.  I am very happy with this move.  

• Like (+1) 6
  • Agree 3

11 minutes ago, NoName said:

If Crowder is a slot guy, and we already have McKenzie signed, then what does this mean for Marquez Stevenson?

He is a bottom of the roster guy.  Battling for a roster spot or P.S.    Beane is not going think twice about signing someone or drafting someone because we drafted a guy in the 6th rd. 

• Agree 1

1 hour ago, BuffaloBill said:

Good signing but how do they get all of this under the cap?

Don’t have to worry about it until final roster cut downs. Either you cut him, cut someone else, or get something for him in a trade when needs come up during/after camp. 

Beane is an absolute wizard at this.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

Really solid pickup.  If the McKissic deal hadn’t gone through, Crowder probably wouldn’t be on the Bills.   This is the player that they are planning on picking up the lost production of Beasley.  

What Beasley did for the team is under appreciated because of his off-field actions and declined YPC production.  None the less there was a huge void because of the importance of having that player catch a high volume of underneath passes and those critical third down conversions.  

At this stage in Beasley’s career and what Crowder can do, barring injury he should be able to fill that void nicely.

The Bills really only need to pick up two more significant FA’s, one is to get a swing tackle to compete with Doyle and another quality veteran DB which is a huge priority. 

A+ off-season so far for Beane

• Agree 3

42 minutes ago, GunnerBill said:

Good signing. I advocated for this some weeks ago only for some here to claim he was gonne get $12m a year because Spotrac said so.... they also said Wallace was a $9m a year corner mind you..... 

Great signing!

I thought Crowder was out because of the $12M figure.  I realize it's an estimate, but that is just out of whack.  Spotrac had Crowder and Landry at the $12M estimate. What a deal.

1 hour ago, YoloinOhio said:

You don’t remember the 80 yard TD that was all YAC against us this year? 

it was the only play the jets made against the Bills all year 

The years all blend together don’t they? Think it was first game of 2020.. Tremaine jacked up the shoulder on that play if I recall 

1 minute ago, Rico said:

I will defer to McBeane, but I’m not a fan of bringing in ex-Jets, not at all.

You want to stick to ex-Panthers?   😊 

I’m with you, I trust Beane. Nobody is perfect, but he’s much better than most. 

• Like (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.