Bills sign Jamison Crowder

YoloinOhio

8 minutes ago, Big Blitz said:

25, and next year's 2nd to move to the 10 - 15 draft spot.  I'm doing that all day IF my CB/WR is there and the drop off to who I could take at 25 is significant.   

Our 3rd and 4th this year to move into the 20s.  If the drop off of WR/CB is significant in RD 2/3.  

ONLY if the CB/WR I want is there.  That's what I'd consider. 

That's trading 3 picks over 2 years to get a top 15 pick and another 1st (21-32 range).  Maybe it's too much but it's close.

I guess you've never seen any NFL draft value charts. All your trades are totally off.

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, OldTimer1960 said:

I get it.  How much do you think Bradberry would/will command on the open market?  My guess is that it will be significant $.

The way I read it, Bradberry wants to join the Bills and will take far less to do it.

• Like (+1) 5

He’s a 70 catches for 600-700 yards and 6TDs per year kind of guy. Still just 29. 

As others have said, he can split time in the slot with McKenzie, although he’s a honestly a more consistent, proven option there than McKenzie. I think he can easily replace Beasley’s production, personally. Just look at his career stats combined with who’s been throwing to him!

This likely means the 1st round pick is CB. It still COULD be a WR , I suppose, but as of this moment, the CB depth chart is looking pretty sad. Definitely s much bigger need than Wr. They’ll still draft a WR but it’ll more likely be somewhere in rounds 2-4. And I’ll believe Beane spends a 1st on a guard when I see it.

Start heavily studying the CBs, kiddos.

Anyway…Crowder isn’t flashy, but he’ll wind up being an underrated, productive piece on our offense.

Edited by Logic
  • Like (+1) 5

1 minute ago, Logic said:

He’s a 70 catches for 600-700 yards and 6TDs per year kind of guy. Still just 29. 

As others have said, he can split time in the slot with McKenzie, although he’s a honestly a more consistent, proven option there than McKenzie. I think he can easily replace Beasley’s production, personally. Just look at his career stats combined with who’s been throwing to him!

This likely means the 1st round pick is CB. It still COULD be a WR , I suppose, but as of this moment, the CB depth chart is looking pretty sad. Definitely s much bigger need than Wr. They’ll still draft one, but it’ll be somewhere in rounds 2-4.

Crowder isn’t flashy, but he’ll wind up being an underrated, productive piece on our offense.

We're probably still bringing someone in at CB, Bean hates leaving a hole going into the draft.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 5

29 minutes ago, Process said:

This probably stops us from taking a WR in round 1 which is disappointing. But I dig it. I think he'll be a good fit. 

Still hope we draft a speed guy. 

This pretty much guarantees we'll pick the best CB @ 25 unless Bates doesn't return. If he stays healthy this is a decent pu.

• Like (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, Big Blitz said:

Will 4 CBs get taken before 25 - and is the drop off after that significant 

I think the significant drop off occurs around 6-7

The 4 I think are gone before we pick.:

sauce

stingley

booth

McDuffie 

I’d be ok with:

Elam and Gordon @ 25.  Maybe mccreary. His short arms might prevent him from being our pick. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 3

8 minutes ago, No_Matter_What said:

I guess you've never seen any NFL draft value charts. All your trades are totally off.

I have no dog in this fight but FYI there are at least 3 different trade value charts. Which one are you using?

5 minutes ago, Doc said:

The way I read it, Bradberry wants to join the Bills and will take far less to do it.

Where'd you read that Doc?

3 minutes ago, Doc said:

This currently is speculation that the Giants will release him--he is not an UFA.  The Gints are currently $343,000 under the cap, and they would save $10 mil by releasing him, but would also get hit with $11 mil in dead cap.  Seems to me they would try to restructure some guys instead of releasing him.

I like this signing.  Cole Beasley-esque production for a guy who is cheaper, younger, and slightly more upside.  Crowder has never had a talent like Josh Allen at QB, so it'll be interesting to see how it goes.

I really still like the idea of drafting a WR at round 1 but I think this takes the wind of out the sails a bit.  It could still happen but CB feels a lot more likely now.

• Like (+1) 1

26 minutes ago, Rc2catch said:

Congrats to us and crowder. This might be the first time he actually gets to play with a top end quarterback. I think he got cousins in Washington a year or two. Excited to see what he can do here 

As I recall, Crowder had a big game against us in the season opener a year or two ago…he might have had a dozen catches…I remember thinking “this guy is a pain in the ass”.

Edited by mannc
  • Like (+1) 2

I just worry a lot more people are putting faith in Tre's recovery then I am.  Not that he won't be back...he will.  

But I want this team to prepare like they DO NOT have a CB1 for 2022.  I don't know he'll be back to full Tre.  Odds are he won't.  I'm going to need to see some comps of CBs tearing ACLs in late November and coming back as good the following season.   

Planning any other way is negligent.  And that's why I'd be dam sure to get the CB I want in the draft IF he's a day 1 starter.  

Edited by Big Blitz
  • Like (+1) 2
  • Eyeroll 2
  • Agree 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.