Bills sign Duke Johnson!!

BillsMafi$

29 minutes ago, MiltonWaddams said:

Good receiving back. Past his prime, but has some of the attributes they were looking for in Mckissic.

Yes. Yes he can.

Dude is only 28 with not much mileage.  Should be a good addition

• Like (+1) 2

14 minutes ago, NewEra said:

You can still dream!  Don’t give up!!  If we don’t draft him, we can sign him in 4 years when his contract is up and the team that drafts him let’s him go because he’s too costly!  No one circles the wagon, like Breece Hall

Nothing strikes fear into the hearts of your opponents like Duke Johnson. 

keep up the great work Mike 

• Haha (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Shake_My_Head said:

Yet more prevent (the win) defense, led by Edmunds dropping too deep and not recognizing fast enough.   Thanks for another reminder....

Yeahhh, I haven't seen this play in awhile, pretty horrendous defense here trying not to give up the big play. When will they learn??

As a backup running back I think he is fine.  Has tools to be a pass catching back.  Unable to carve a role on 3 different teams makes me skeptical.  I think its on par with Yeldon and Brieda.  Fills a hole and thats about it.   Will battle with a rookie for the spot imo. 

• Like (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, Mat68 said:

As a backup running back I think he is fine.  Has tools to be a pass catching back.  Unable to carve a role on 3 different teams makes me skeptical.  I think its on par with Yeldon and Brieda.  Fills a hole and thats about it.   Will battle with a rookie for the spot imo. 

He definitely had a role in Cleveland. They just had Hunt and Chubb to play instead…and he certainly was not playing over them.

A value signing.  This is how Beane operates.  Fill holes as best as he's able in free agency.  That frees up the team to take playmakers in the draft when he has the opportunity.  The Bills are up against the cap, so I don't expect any big salary signings from here on out.  They still have holes, primarily a complement to Tre White at CB.  If Beane can sign someone who can at least compete for a starting job, he will, but it's got to be at a value price.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Disagree 1
  • Agree 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

5 minutes ago, mrags said:

Nothing strikes fear into the hearts of your opponents like Duke Johnson. 

keep up the great work Mike 

Lol, I said “meh” regarding the move.  Not a big fan, but he’s serviceable.  On par for the McB running back course.   

so which is it?  Do you want to draft Breece hall @ 25 or no?  You’ve said no, you wouldn’t want him @ 25, yet you continue to berate me for feeling the same exact way that you do….. it’s quite comical. Continue on.  Clap Applause GIF by Denyse®

1 minute ago, NewEra said:

Lol, I said “meh” regarding the move.  Not a big fan, but he’s serviceable.  On par for the McB running back course.   

so which is it?  Do you want to draft Breece hall @ 25 or no?  You’ve said no, you wouldn’t want him @ 25, yet you continue to berate me for feeling the same exact way that you do….. it’s quite comical. Continue on.  Clap Applause GIF by Denyse®

I’m just proud of your GIF linking skills. They are on point. 

• Haha (+1) 2

7 minutes ago, ngbills said:

What happened to speed? We may have the slowest rb's in the league with Singletary, Moss and Johnson. We need a speed back. 

We actually need a goal-line guy.  I'm not sure if this signing fills that - but that's what has been lacking, more than anything.

1 minute ago, Success said:

We actually need a goal-line guy.  I'm not sure if this signing fills that - but that's what has been lacking, more than anything.

Why not just draft a guy who can do everything? Speed, run, block, catch, goaline. That’s literally everything Breece Hall can do. Our RB talent evaluation sucks. 

• Agree 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

I know Duke Johnson doesn't have the same "panache" as JD McKissic, but...

As I pointed out in the charts above, he has higher career yards per reception and yards per target and more career production than McKissic, and they are the same age.

I'm not here to tell you that Johnson is some great signing or that he is a roster lock. He's probably a vet minimum signing. I'm just trying to say that the difference in excitement levels on this board between McKissic and Johnson is a little bit funny, and points to recency bias.

They're the same guy 🤷‍♂️

• Like (+1) 5
  • Thank you (+1) 2

2 minutes ago, IronMaidenBills said:

Why not just draft a guy who can do everything? Speed, run, block, catch, goaline. That’s literally everything Breece Hall can do. Our RB talent evaluation sucks. 

Because drafting a RB in RD1 is a waste of a pick and we won’t be in position to take him in RD2. 

Just now, IronMaidenBills said:

You're just on a one-man crusade this year for Breece Hall.

Anything the Bills do that negatively impacts their chances of drafting him -- and let's be honest, with holes at CB, WR, and OL, all of which are more important positions than RB, it's not likely that they draft him ANYWAY -- causes you to jump into the thread and make dramatic pronouncements like "if they don't want to win a Super Bowl, it's their prerogative".

One of the more dedicated, relentless, humorous draft campaigns I've seen on this forum over the years.

• Like (+1) 3
  • Awesome! (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Logic said:

I know Duke Johnson doesn't have the same "panache" as JD McKissic, but...

As I pointed out in the charts above, he has higher career yards per reception and yards per target and more career production than McKissic, and they are the same age.

I'm not here to tell you that Johnson is some great signing or that he is a roster lock. He's probably a vet minimum signing. I'm just trying to say that the difference in excitement levels on this board between McKissic and Johnson is a little bit funny, and points to recency bias.

They're the same guy 🤷‍♂️

I don’t even know why we are wasting money on a scrub RB anyways. Rather bring in a vet CB with that money. I’m tired of neglecting top RB talent. We will always be one dimensional until we get that guy. Otherwise we are just going to get Allen hurt at some point. 

Just now, JGMcD2 said:

Because drafting a RB in RD1 is a waste of a pick and we won’t be in position to take him in RD2. 

I bet the Steelers don’t consider Najee Harris a wasted pick. Or many of the other top RBs to go high end over the years. If we had a Jonathan Taylor type of RB, we are unstoppable. It’s the missing key. 

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.