Star released. Pre-6/1 per Joe B, $1.5M cap savings.

Chandler#81

9 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

We are getting really low on whipping boys. Bease and Star gone. Knox improved. It’s down to edmunds and ford catching all the hands. 

No worries.   It's TSW superpower to find someone to tar and feather.   That won't be ANY problem going forward.

4 minutes ago, Alphadawg7 said:

Best part about this is not having to listen to the same posters on here dramatically whine about him to no end over and over again.  Like Groundhog Day around here with some of these people.  

I never had a problem with Star, but I felt McDermott had him as the centerpiece of his defense and when Star didn’t play or played hurt, it impacted the play of the front 7.

• Like (+1) 1

7 minutes ago, MAJBobby said:

Waiting to see.  I would expect the Post June 1 designation

I would expect "Pre".  I think the Bills have been kicking enough cans down the road; bear in mind they roll $2.6M cap hit into next season with the post-June 1, and they don't get cap space to work with now if they designate him "Post".

But we'll see.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 2

3 minutes ago, FireChans said:

That’s honestly the hallmark of a mediocre player. Only the lunatic fringe ***** about Josh or Diggs, if half the board hates you, you probably aren’t good.

Or half the board doesn’t understand his role.  Like half the board hates Edmunds because they don’t understand what they truly hate is how we use him.  There are areas he can get better but he isn’t remotely close to as bad as half the board thinks he is.

So that not a good barometer because I can’t tell you more than half the board is wrong about most things as with any fan base.  #WrongJosh

Edited by Alphadawg7
  • Like (+1) 2
  • Eyeroll 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

when it comes to whipping posts, someone will rise up and meat the need

Star never lived up to the contract he received. He barely showed up 1/2 the time IMO. The last straw was taking a year off for covid concerns, then not getting vaccinated and missing games due to covid

Edited by ddaryl
  • Like (+1) 1

Just now, Jerry Jabber said:

I never had a problem with Star, but I felt McDermott had him as the centerpiece of his defense and when Star didn’t play or played hurt, it impacted the play of the front 7.

I agree with that last completely.  When you count on a guy and build a roster expecting him to be there, it's an impact when he bails.

• Like (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, Jerry Jabber said:

We missed him when he opted out, but then it never really felt like he came back.

• Agree 1

Just now, Alphadawg7 said:

Or half the board doesn’t understand his role.  Like half the board hates Edmunds because they don’t understand what they truly hate is how we use him.  There are areas he can get better but he isn’t remotely close to as bad as half the board thinks he is.

So that not a good barometer because I can’t tell you more than half the board is wrong about most things as with any fan base.  #WrongJosh

Wrong Josh was before they played though. Go down the list of folks the board crapped on that played for the Bills for 3-4 years? Kelsay, Spiller, Whitner, Duke Williams, Fitz etc etc. List goes on and on. 

3 minutes ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

I would expect "Pre".  I think the Bills have been kicking enough cans down the road; bear in mind they roll $2.6M cap hit into next season with the post-June 1, and they don't get cap space to work with now if they designate him "Post".

But we'll see.

I don’t understand what any of this means can someone explain it to me like I’m twelve?

• Like (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, Jerry Jabber said:

Agreed, but Stars first game he missed as a Bill was week 1 this year.  And they he missed a few with COVID.  So like I said, had he not taken a year off his value here would have been seen more favorably because Star didn’t really miss games.  

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

25 minutes ago, Chandler#81 said:

Just announced 

Time for me to take my victory lap.  I knew that Star was gone after Beane and McDermott stopped making excuses for him as they had in the past.  

This was by far the worst contract Beane has ever written as GM of the Bills and the latest line of mistakes of the Carolina Connection.  

The Bills had a gaping need at DT and Beane and McDermott put too much faith in their former player.  At best, Star was an average DT, at his worst the return on his deal might have been the lowest at his position.

I’m glad to see the Bills get out of a very bad deal and turn the page. 

Edited by JohnNord
  • Like (+1) 2
  • Eyeroll 3

4 minutes ago, FireChans said:

Wrong Josh was before they played though. Go down the list of folks the board crapped on that played for the Bills for 3-4 years? Kelsay, Spiller, Whitner, Duke Williams, Fitz etc etc. List goes on and on. 

Uggg remember when they extended Kelsey?!?!?!

• Vomit 1

3 minutes ago, Alphadawg7 said:

Like half the board hates Edmunds because they don’t understand what they truly hate is how we use him.

What about the other half that hates him because he processes the game slowly, plays soft, can't shed blocks, can't cover, isn't an effective pass rusher and can't come up with a play when all the chips are down?

On the other hand, he is only [insert current age here], and he's super athletic, so...

• Like (+1) 2
  • Eyeroll 1
  • Agree 3

3 minutes ago, chris heff said:

I don’t understand what any of this means can someone explain it to me like I’m twelve?

If they do a post June 1st cut designation, the cap relief $4.1M isn't available until June 1st.  If they cut him now they get $1.5 M in cap space to use right now.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.