Star released. Pre-6/1 per Joe B, $1.5M cap savings.

Chandler#81

2 minutes ago, Buffalo_Stampede said:

Trent Murphy. His worst roster decision was also keeping Trent Murphy as a 3rd-4th DE at nealy $10 million cap hit in 2020.

Paid Trent+Star as much per year as Von. Hopefully Beane has learned from his mistakes of overpaying for non difference makers. 

Having a SB ready roster to attract talent should help this as well.

Just now, JohnNord said:

Both bad…Star was worse IMO given the size of his deal and how much they were counting on him.  

well.... I like the guy, but Emmanuel Sanders at 6M for 42 catches, don't love it.  And he was hurt down the stretch....

2 minutes ago, Beast said:

Nothing to back this claim up but it just seemed to me that Star played football because he had to, not because he wanted to.

I think it’s common knowledge that this is legitimately the case isn’t it? I feel like he may have even said so.

At any rate it’s been a known thing with him for a long time. 

I always thought star was brought here as a locker room guy and I didn’t mind them paying him over value to “change the culture of the locker room” if that’s what he did. But it’s been time to move on. The opt out delayed it and probably really messed up Beanes long term plans moving around money for future cap projections and extensions etc etc 

• Agree 1

16 minutes ago, JohnNord said:

Ok then who was Beane’s worst free signing?  

Does Kelvin Benjamin count?  He was a trade I guess.  How about the Eric Wood extension?  Extension of player under contract though.

I'm torn between Trent Murphy and AJ McCarron. 

Murphy: signed for the pass-rush chops he demo'd before he tore his ACL, became a run defender who was a liability in pass pro, and had a huge cap hit in 2020 for being a healthy inactive 6 regular season and 2 of 3 playoff games.

McCarron: signed to be our "bridge" QB and let Allen sit and learn.  Apparently could not grasp the offense and wound up being traded right before the season, leaving us with a horrible QB room of Peterman and Allen.

Must give Honorable Mention to Vontae Davis (we've come a Long Way)

2 minutes ago, DCOrange said:

I think it’s common knowledge that this is legitimately the case isn’t it? I feel like he may have even said so.

Is it common knowledge? I never heard him say that or saw it mentioned on this site.

5 minutes ago, TDO'Kearney said:

well.... I like the guy, but Emmanuel Sanders at 6M for 42 catches, don't love it.  And he was hurt down the stretch....

One year deals are more tolerable. Money should've been spent on CB. Gabe Davis was more than competent IMO.

2 minutes ago, DCOrange said:

He did say that he didn't love football, he wanted to play football in order to take care of his family (said in an article on him pre-draft) but I'm told that is being misinterpreted and quoted out of context.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.