Russell Wilson traded to the Broncos

Process

10 minutes ago, HappyDays said:

You know what I just realized. The Dolphins could have easily made this trade but chose not to. Which means they are hitching their wagon to Tua.

Except they did no have the draft pick this year to get this done.  Their poor draft handling of last year moved their pick lower than ours.

They did not have the ammo to get this done without adding more 1sts and probably some better players.

Honestly, doesn’t seem like enough compensation for the Hawks to me.  I guess if they manage to flip one of the firsts this year for 2 next year and get loaded up, it might work out. Going to have to go full rebuild there anyway.  Might as well flip what’s left for more picks.

2 hours ago, CapeBreton said:

So Seattle traded all their firsts for Jamal Adams, and had to trade Russell Wilson to get them back? Bold strategy...

The Adams trade was so stupid. Agree 100%

I'm telling you there will be something that comes out with Wilson someday. There are just too many whispers of him not being liked. Im thinking he is a locker room cancer. But still to give up on a franchise QB and keep one of the oldest HCs in the NFL is puzzling. There just has to be more to this story.

1 hour ago, transplantbillsfan said:

Totally disagree.  Buffalo has the path laid out for them to get the #1 seed to get the 1st round bye and home games throughout the playoffs.  The AFC West is going to be a war of attrition throughout the year.

Does anyone legitimately think ANY team in that division will go 5-1 or 6-0 at this point?  Would anyone bet against Buffalo going 5-1 or 6-0 in the AFC East?

This is fantastic for Buffalo I think specifically because of what it does to Kansas City.

Coaching lost Bills the SB not the location.

Neither SB participants was the #1 seed.

Other than that I do agree the path to the #1 seed seems easier.

1 hour ago, mannc said:

Unless it means playing at Mile-High in January instead…

You think Denver is going 5-1 or 6-0 in that division?

On top of playing each other the AFC West also plays the NFC West this year.

Yes, Denver just got a lot better... but we don't play them during the regular season next year and they got better in a division with the team that's bounced us out of the playoffs the last 2 years in part because we've had to play on the road.

17 minutes ago, transplantbillsfan said:

You think Denver is going 5-1 or 6-0 in that division?

On top of playing each other the AFC West also plays the NFC West this year.

Yes, Denver just got a lot better... but we don't play them during the regular season next year and they got better in a division with the team that's bounced us out of the playoffs the last 2 years in part because we've had to play on the road.

That’s valid, but it’s also one more good AFC team, which could mean our first playoff game is against Russell Wilson and Denver instead of a tomato can like the Pats or Dolphins…

28 minutes ago, Ethan in Portland said:

Coaching lost Bills the SB not the location.

Neither SB participants was the #1 seed.

Other than that I do agree the path to the #1 seed seems easier.

Again, Buffalo is 3-0 under McDermott at home in the playoffs and 0-4 on the road.

There's not any measurable way to assess the impact playing in KC had on Buffalo, but it's foolish and naive to think it had zero impact.  And any impact in a game like that may just have been one of if not THE deciding factor.

1 minute ago, mannc said:

That’s valid, but it’s also one more good AFC team, which could mean our first playoff game is against Russell Wilson and Denver instead of a tomato can like the Pats or Dolphins…

Who cares as long as we're playing them at home?  And with the current state of the AFC why would you even assume it'd be Miami or the Patriots we'd play?  The way I look at it there are 4 teams who will win their divisions and there will be 3 Wildcard teams.  

Even before this move there were already 7 teams outside of Buffalo I don't think anyone would consider a tomato can

KC, LAC, LVR, Cin, Balt, Ind, Ten

Toss in a traditionally well-run organization like Pittsburgh and a really good roster with a question mark at QB and you've got 9 AFC teams that I don't think anyone would call creampuffs.

The fact is that I think most would agree that the Chiefs were still viewed as the cream of the crop and the favorite in general in the AFC.  Their road just got harder.  And even if Denver didn't just acquire Wilson, our 1st round draw in the playoffs might've been Jonathan Taylor or Derrick Henry.  Honestly, those guys scare me more than Russell Wilson, considering we have 5 years of Buffalo teams struggling against Elite RBs.

No disrespect to Wilson, but I want everyone hear to know that Josh Allen is the better player and if they play on equal teams Josh wins nine outta ten….

Josh is….  A force of nature….. (like a blizzard, a white-out, there’s no beating him (unless his HC doesn’t know the score).

C’mon Beane! Pressure is on. We’ve got Mahomes (who is on a better team) Herbert, Burrow and now Wilson to beat…..

You have a lot of work to do…. A lot of work….including winning the team over again….But we need a better team too…that’s for sure…

5 minutes ago, billybrew1 said:

No disrespect to Wilson, but I want everyone hear to know that Josh Allen is the better player and if they play on equal teams Josh wins nine outta ten….

Josh is….  A force of nature….. (like a blizzard, a white-out, there’s no beating him (unless his HC doesn’t know the score).

C’mon Beane! Pressure is on. We’ve got Mahomes (who is on a better team) Herbert, Burrow and now Wilson to beat…..

You have a lot of work to do…. A lot of work….including winning the team over again….But we need a better team too…that’s for sure…

Allen is one of the consensus 3 best QBs in the league heading into next year along with Mahomes and Rodgers. 

I think everyone knows this

• Agree 1

23 minutes ago, Malazan said:

.and now rumors ta Seattle is looking to trade for Darnold..

Why, of all teams, would try to "get the gang back together" from the Jets?

Maybe they're looking for an Osweiller type trade where the team takes a player & gets a draft choice too.  Why would any team trade for Darnold with the 5th year option unless Carolina kicked in a pick or 2.  Right now Carolina would love to dump off Darnold & his guaranteed salary.  

• Like (+1) 1

After the crushing playoff loss in 2022, I've basically been offline regarding Bills talk.  However, did you see haul that the Broncos gave up (source: ticker via ESPN)?!  There were times in Bills' history where many (@jrober38) opined that the Bills should give up draft capital to trade for... Jay Cutler.  It happens.  "GO BRONCS!" he'll say after every game.  "YEE HAW!"

Sure, he's better than what they have now, but you need to build from within.  GM > HC > QB.  That's what gets the job done.  Do you trust the Broncos' GM or HC to get the job done?  Time will tell.

Edited by TheCockSportif

30 minutes ago, Fan in Chicago said:

I don't think the Broncos are at the same talent level that Rams were at before the Stafford trade. 

Wilson will again have to run around and weave magic

They are pretty solid across the board and have some truly elite talent at key positions including QB now.  I would also look for them to be big players in FA and go all in since they have very little draft assets left to play with.

Either way there's a lot that's going to happen the rest of the offseason leading up to september but on paper this denver squad looks like a WC caliber team at worse even before any other moves are made.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

5 hours ago, TBBills said:

I wonder if Von Miller goes back to finish his career and win one with Russ.

Von wants to win another he wins with JA.  

as long as Denver kept its current core of players, this is a great move.  They are too far back to draft an impact QB, and have a very talented roster outside of QB

3 hours ago, Malazan said:

I'm not sure the 'evidence' is conclusive. He had a down year last season of..

2021 stats: 14 games | 64.8 pct | 3,113 pass yds | 7.8 ypa | 25 pass TD | 6 INT | 183 rush yds | 2 rush TD | 6 fumbles

..while being injured. The Broncos have a much better line and running game as well. They were 6th is rushing compared to Seattle's 28th. 

There's about 20 other teams out there (including the Broncos) who wish their QBs had a 'down' year like that.

I’ve watched him since 2012 and can honestly say, without doubt, his game has declined. I know the stats might not show it but if you watch all the games you can easily see it. Now Seattle’s OL is pretty much garbage so we’ll see what happens. Now that I’ve called him out again he’ll go on to be league MVP and make me look like an ass LOL. 

The broncos are crazy, its far to much to give up imo

Denver is giving up two first-round picks, two second-round picks, a fifth-rounder, QB Drew Lock, defensive tackle Shelby Harris and tight end Noah Fant in exchange for Wilson and a fourth-rounder.

6 hours ago, Jerry Jabber said:

Dumb move by the Broncos.

What? In the NFL your nowhere if you don't have a top tier QB. Wilson is still in his prime and has been playing for a team that had one of the worst O-Lines in the league. The Broncos were an afterthought, and are now #2 in the AFC West, and likely a top 6 team in the AFC. Draft picks don't matter much when the likes of Drew Lock is your QB. I think the Broncos got off cheap.    

21 minutes ago, Mr. WEO said:

Seattle got fleeced.

When legendary dumbass Elway gets one over on you.....

The Bills selected in the non-playoff team portion of round 1 for 16 straight seasons before the chance to select Patrick Mahomes fell in their lap in round 1..........and when they finally made the playoffs in 2017 exactly ZERO of the drought era first round picks were on the active roster in Jacksonville for that game.      

Basically the Doncos got a franchise QB for about 2 years worth of early picks while the Bills spent 16 years in the ***** desert.  :doh:

It's unconscionable that Seattle would trade a 34 year old elite franchise QB for that little return.

• Like (+1) 4

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.