Bills interested in signing Rob Gronkowski, per Tim Graham

HappyDays

2 hours ago, daz28 said:

He did publicly apologize, and we don't know if he did so personally as well, so I'm 100% with you that if Tre's over it, then so am I

He has not publicly  apologized.  In fact, he has publicly defended his actions.  He will always be a POS in my opinion.  

11 minutes ago, ScottLaw said:

Not sure how anyone is against an influx of talent anywhere offensively…. The whole “waaaa Gronk tried to hurt Tre and played for the Patriots” schtick is pretty immature in my opinion. The NFL is full of jerks…. I’m sure plenty are on the Bills. The goal isn’t to field a team of good people, it’s to field a winner. 

How in the world is it immature?  Its not mature to be upset about a player from our team who was elbowed lying on the ground in the back of the head?  Scott, I bet you’re a sucker punch guy huh?

• Haha (+1) 1

2 hours ago, HappyDays said:

Tim Graham says in the article that Gronk apologized to Tre at some point and Tre accepted the apology. As much as some of us still hold a grudge against him for that brutal unprovoked hit, the team and Tre in particular apparently do not. That's good enough for me.

Was unaware Gronk even said anything about it. As long as our guys are cool with it go ahead then. I personally dont want him but hey if it helps us into the big show Im for it

12 minutes ago, FLFan said:

In an offense that had no other options. Godwin, AB both out. In the Bills offense Gronkowski is 4th option at best 

Ab played most of the year, Godwin played 14 and lead in catches, and if "no other options" means Mike Evans lol and Fournette had 70 catches on the year... but yeah other than that 🙄

Tb was the one team you could argue had a better receiving core than us. 

Nice try 😆😆😆

3 hours ago, HOUSE said:

image.png.08e63a30fff0beac01ce667d4f437553.png

The whole incident was as notable for how every single Bills player could only wave and point afterwards.  Pitts doing the matador and Brown and Poyer looking for flags.

So soft...

Anyway, this would be a great move-----just to watch the heads explode here!

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

31 minutes ago, ScottLaw said:

Not sure how anyone is against an influx of talent anywhere offensively…. The whole “waaaa Gronk tried to hurt Tre and played for the Patriots” schtick is pretty immature in my opinion. The NFL is full of jerks…. I’m sure plenty are on the Bills. The goal isn’t to field a team of good people, it’s to field a winner. 

12 minutes ago, Royale with Cheese said:

How in the world is it immature?  Its not mature to be upset about a player from our team who was elbowed lying on the ground in the back of the head?  Scott, I bet you’re a sucker punch guy huh?

He is a cheap shot fan as we have seen from many posts.

• Like (+1) 1

7 minutes ago, BillsShredder83 said:

Ab played most of the year, Godwin played 14 and lead in catches, and if "no other options" means Mike Evans lol and Fournette had 70 catches on the year... but yeah other than that 🙄

Tb was the one team you could argue had a better receiving core than us. 

Nice try 😆😆😆

Apparently you did not see Tampa play late in the year and in the playoffs. A team without weapons.  That is why they lost. You need to get past the easy stats and see how the team actually performed.  They had a better receiving core with Godwin and AB but not even close without.  Again, Gronk would be the fourth best option on the Bills.  I am ok with it if they want to pay him appropriately, but he is no savior, nor do the Bills need one.  Their offense is already one of the best in the league.  

He'd be a great signing.  Besides that T. White body slam has there been any other incidents of similar behavior?

2 minutes ago, FLFan said:

Apparently you did not see Tampa play late in the year and in the playoffs. A team without weapons.  That is why they lost. You need to get past the easy stats and see how the team actually performed.  They had a better receiving core with Godwin and AB but not even close without.  Again, Gronk would be the fourth best option on the Bills.  I am ok with it if they want to pay him appropriately, but he is no savior, nor do the Bills need one.  Their offense is already one of the best in the league.  

When Knox went out there was a significant downgrade to Sweeney.  You always want to shoot for more depth if you can afford it.  Just look at the Rams.  We were saying did they really need OBJ knowing they already had Kupp and Woods?  Then Woods gets hurt and the Rams pry don't make and win the SB without him.

• Like (+1) 2

47 minutes ago, AlCowlingsTaxiService said:

It was ok to need the Vikings WR1A though …

Who never won a super bowl. Who isn’t from a team that’s our arch rival. Who wasn’t ring chasing. Who took a chance on a burgeoning team. Why is this so hard to understand?

1 hour ago, Coach Tuesday said:

I’ve seen a lot of bad takes here over the years (and your takes are usually good ones), but this might be the worst TSW take of All Time.  Not wanting to overpay for an injury-prone vet I get, and maybe folks just don’t like Gronk and yes he’s a douche.

But THIS - holy hell.  Pin this one to the Wall of Shame.  

Stacking your roster with talent to win championships “feels cheap” to you?

Incredible.

Your loyalty blows. Just plug the team with whatever super star you need to say you won the super bowl, regardless of whose on it. Make it the NBA. 

• Haha (+1) 1

3 hours ago, Gugny said:

I would LOVE for this to happen and my gut tells me Tre White would, too.  It was one stupid play.  One.

I’m sure Tre would give him a giant hug on the podium when they lifted the Lombardi Trophy together. 

I hope people don’t judge me on my worst moment in life. That wouldn’t be pretty. Gronk is a pro who does nothing but win. I, personally, can get over it. 

45 minutes ago, BuffBillsForLife said:

Gronk's attempted murder of Tre white is an unforgivable sin.  But at the same time he's both the GOAT TE and Buffalo's prodigal son.  As long as Tre is ok with it and Gronk is finally over the Bills drafting Torell Troup instead of him he would be a huge addition.

With all due respect, I think the drafting of Torell Troup is the unforgivable sin here.  

• Agree 1

54 minutes ago, ScottLaw said:

I'm not against adding more talent to the offense.

Personally I'd rather add another Wide Receiver than a Tight End.

Like I said, I don't want to pay big money to an older player with an injury history who would essentially be the back-up Tight End. Forget it.

29 minutes ago, Royale with Cheese said:

Aww sh*t @ScottLaw.........I think you struck a nerve.

Parents of "frustrating" adult children often ask them "when are you going to grow up?" when they are really saying "when are you going to stop making such dumb decisions?".

Get the goat, cheese.   That will work out well when it eats your vinyl siding and scratches the sh*t out of your prius. 😉

• Haha (+1) 1

I hope Gronk comes here!  It is my top hope for the offense.  It is the way I hope the FO puts in $8M on the skills position. Gronk elevates the offensive potential in a multitude of ways.  And another TE is definitely needed.  TEs take a beating, both Gronk and Knox missed time.

As far as Tre is concerned...I'm sorry what?  Who is running the show here.  The FO, McBeane bring in the players.  Tre will need to put his big boy pants on and get with the program.  

16 minutes ago, quinnearlysghost88 said:

Who never won a super bowl. Who isn’t from a team that’s our arch rival. Who wasn’t ring chasing. Who took a chance on a burgeoning team. Why is this so hard to understand?

Your loyalty blows. Just plug the team with whatever super star you need to say you won the super bowl, regardless of whose on it. Make it the NBA. 

Just skip the draft then …gotta be loyal to the ones that got you there, right?  Don’t want some uppity young stud stealing a roster spot, do you? 😂😂

WR and O line are much bigger needs. Even RB. 

#2 TE is definitely a need, I just don't think Gronk and the $8M+ he is going to want is necessary. 

If they want to sign Gronk and still draft a WR in the first round then sure sign me up. I just don't want to see them neglect the WR position or think a 5th round rookie plus the guys we have is good enough.

1 hour ago, Virgil said:

Yes, ***** him.  I hate the idea of him being part of us getting over the hump.  Same as I never wanted Brady or Hoodie here 

Hate to say it dude...........but you may need to find another hopeless cause to root for...........because the Bills are playing to win.

Some people are afraid to win.

The Patriots didn't win a single SB without significant help from former Buffalo Bills..........including the first one.........lead onto the field in celebration by #32 Antowain Smith, Buffalo Bills 1997 #1 pick.

giphy.gif

Count me as one who would love to flip that script.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

56 minutes ago, FLFan said:

They were hobbled late in the year like every team. I don't understand how any extra weapon hurts. 2 years ago we couldn't best kc because Diggs n Beasley and Smoke were hurt. 

Exactly my point with Gronk too. We don't need him or anyone for the regular season, but a seasoned vet who understands winning. Has arguably the most reliable hands in the league. The dude is a monster in the playoffs where no, our offense hasn't been good enough to win.

How many drives did we stall out in the middle of this years loss to kc? Keep the chains moving and grab even a FG on one of those and were likely talking SB party.

2 hours ago, HappyDays said:

Whether Gronk or someone else we need to find a capable TE2.

AND...........said capable TE needs to not be a huge drop-off from WR3 if you plan to run 12 personnel.........which you want to be able to do A LOT to address protection issues that plagued the team for much of the year after defenses adapted to the Bills 2020 spread offensive attack.

Josh Allen running 10 times per game did the trick when push came to shove late in the season............but that isn't a smart plan for a 20-21 game season.

1 hour ago, Mark Vader said:

I'm not against adding more talent to the offense.

Personally I'd rather add another Wide Receiver than a Tight End.

Like I said, I don't want to pay big money to an older player with an injury history who would essentially be the back-up Tight End. Forget it.

Right!?!? 800+ Yards in 12 games. Who in the world wants that as another option in the offense? Especially if they are an elite blocker at their position as well! YUCK! 

🙄🙄🙄🙄🙄🙄

Edited by Stank_Nasty
  • Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, FLFan said:

He has not publicly  apologized.  In fact, he has publicly defended his actions.  He will always be a POS in my opinion.  

You sure about that?  

"I want to apologize to No. 27," Gronkowski said. "I'm not in the business of that. I mean, there was a lot of frustration and I was just really frustrated at that moment and it just happened naturally through emotions. ... I just want to apologize to Tre'Davious White."

• Haha (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, daz28 said:

You sure about that?  

"I want to apologize to No. 27," Gronkowski said. "I'm not in the business of that. I mean, there was a lot of frustration and I was just really frustrated at that moment and it just happened naturally through emotions. ... I just want to apologize to Tre'Davious White."

How did he say it though?   Did he look sincere? 

• Haha (+1) 1

1 hour ago, AlCowlingsTaxiService said:

You don’t have to pay him … and what do you think NFL players at the top of the food chain cost?  Vet minimum and a Costco membership?

He is nothing compared to what he used to be. You are fooling yourself if you think he is.

8 minutes ago, daz28 said:

You sure about that?  

Yeah, but then he later said that he didn't regret it and was just happy to get suspended because then he had a nice break.

58 minutes ago, BADOLBILZ said:

Hate to say it dude...........but you may need to find another hopeless cause to root for...........because the Bills are playing to win.

agreed.  Drop the Gronk to Buffalo BS and everyone will be happy 

😆 

He hates the Bills

He can’t stay healthy 

and he wants Joe Cool Burrow 

• Eyeroll 1

19 minutes ago, MJS said:

Yeah, but then he later said that he didn't regret it and was just happy to get suspended because then he had a nice break.

But then he later said that he was just joking when he said he didn't regret it and was just happy to get suspended because then he had a nice break.

20 minutes ago, ScottLaw said:

***** him!!!! I want to win a championship with home grown talent and not ex Patriots!!!

Great, I'm happy for you.  A poster told me he didn't apologize, and a google search shows all kinds of video and text of his apology.  He was wrong, and it's as simple as that

22 minutes ago, MJS said:

He is nothing compared to what he used to be. You are fooling yourself if you think he is.

You got a link to what you're claiming?  Did he really say this publicly, " didn't regret it and was just happy to get suspended"?

4 minutes ago, daz28 said:

Great, I'm happy for you.  A poster told me he didn't apologize, and a google search shows all kinds of video and text of his apology.  He was wrong, and it's as simple as that

You got a link to what you're claiming?  Did he really say this publicly, " didn't regret it and was just happy to get suspended"?

He doesn't.........he just made it up........that's why I mocked him in response.

Gronk never said he didn't regret cheap-shotting White..........he said he was glad for the suspension part of it because he was so beat up from the season that he didn't even mind losing $300K to get a week away from a very unenjoyable season.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Dislike 1

14 minutes ago, daz28 said:

5 minutes ago, BADOLBILZ said:

He doesn't.........he just made it up........that's why I mocked him in response.

Gronk never said he didn't regret cheap-shotting White..........he said he was glad for the suspension part of it because he was so beat up from the season that he didn't even mind losing $300K to get a week away from a very unenjoyable season.

Not my fault you guys live under a rock:

“I just got suspended a week. I was happy, I was finally happy,” Gronkowski said on Tuesday’s episode of “Man in the Arena. “I was like, ‘Yes, I’m away from football for a week. I get to recover my body.'”

“I lost a game check and it was about $300,000 that game check, and I didn’t even care one bit,” he continued. “I was just glad I had a week off from football because I needed it.”

https://nypost.com/2022/01/05/rob-gronkowski-was-happy-with-2017-patriots-suspension/

• Thank you (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, MJS said:

Not my fault you guys live under a rock:

“I just got suspended a week. I was happy, I was finally happy,” Gronkowski said on Tuesday’s episode of “Man in the Arena. “I was like, ‘Yes, I’m away from football for a week. I get to recover my body.'”

“I lost a game check and it was about $300,000 that game check, and I didn’t even care one bit,” he continued. “I was just glad I had a week off from football because I needed it.”

https://nypost.com/2022/01/05/rob-gronkowski-was-happy-with-2017-patriots-suspension/

Like I said.......NOTHING in there about not regretting the act......which he had already apologized for..........just being glad that he was disciplined for it.

If your reading comprehension is that poor..........maybe you just can't do words.

• Eyeroll 2
  • Agree 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

29 minutes ago, SlimShady'sSpaceForce said:

agreed.  Drop the Gronk to Buffalo BS and everyone will be happy 

😆

He hates the Bills

He can’t stay healthy 

and he wants Joe Cool Burrow 

@Stank_Nasty what did I say that was wrong?

Fact Gronk has a grudge against the Bills for passing him twice in the draft 

Fact he Loves that Bills fans hate him. 

Fact He purposefully slammed into a defenseless Tre.  
His apology for it was fake.  

Fact He said he wants to play for Joe Burrow, or the other young stud QB Justin Herbert. 

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.