Bills interested in signing Rob Gronkowski, per Tim Graham

HappyDays

16 hours ago, daz28 said:

That's all fine and dandy, and if I were White I'd be mad, too.  I'm not a Gronk fan, so I don't know what you're trying to sell me here.  Maybe you should get a job on cable news, because you claim he said that he didn't regret it, and now you show me this ham sandwich for whatever reason I don't know.  It's clear you made that up, and that's all really wanted to know.  Have a great night. 

You are saying he has same source as Tim Graham - himself.  I guess that makes him a professional broodcaster.

18 hours ago, BADOLBILZ said:

Fact  The idea that adding Rob Gronkowski might make you feel conflicted about your Bills fandom........and hopefully send you back to one of the other teams you used to root for..........makes it an even BETTER idea, IMO.  :lol:

fact. You are a

troll dancing GIF

18 hours ago, Mark Vader said:

No one can guarantee that he will still have that same type of production.

Not spending 7-8 million on an injury prone player.

That money can be better spent elsewhere.

a point I made earlier 👍🏻 

Hey Gronkites.  

Have you tweeted him and asked him what HE thinks?

Funny not one comment from Gronk being posted where he counters any of my arguments 

• Like (+1) 1

55 minutes ago, FilthyBeast said:

It would be very awkward if Gronk were to sign with the Bills or another team in the offseason, then Brady decides to unretire. Would he want to also go back to the Bucs or wherever Brady plays?

Either way I would assume the top contenders for his services have to be the Bills, Chiefs or Rams.

I am sure we would be more than happy to trade him back to them, for say, a 3rd round pick.  

2 hours ago, SoCal Deek said:

Back off dude! I may live in Southern California now but I was born and raised in WNY. Sheeesh 

My point still remains. Beane needs to be really careful. There’ll be plenty of veterans looking to jump on the bandwagon, and having family in WNY is even MORE reason to be skeptical of Gronk’s motivation….not less. 

haha so someone else decided to use the whole Cali thing against you.  

Talk about Statesism or how ever you want to call it.  

Same thing happened to me and I got suspended from the board for telling the guy off.  You definitely kept it cooler than I would.

32 minutes ago, SlimShady'sSpaceForce said:

Hey Gronkites.  

Have you tweeted him and asked him what HE thinks?

Funny not one comment from Gronk being posted where he counters any of my arguments 

He's a PENDING free agent..........how many free agents-in-wait do you see talking openly about what "other" team they would prefer to play for in the 2-3 week period before they hit the market?(when agents and teams are covertly, but secretly to no one in the league,  setting up deals that will be characterized as thrown together quickly just minutes into free agency).

This is almost as nonsensical as Happless calling out Tim Graham for not citing the team or agent source for his rumor about the Bills having interest in Gronk when the team would be subject to fines and a loss of draft picks and the agent fined and sanctioned for openly discussing "not free yet" agents weeks prior to them actually being "free".:doh:

Every day further into the offseason we get the more many fans forget how things actually work.

• Awesome! (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 2
  • Dislike 1

19 minutes ago, BADOLBILZ said:

Every day further into the offseason we get the more many fans forget how things actually work.

😜

🤣

exactly why BS articles like this should be filed with / under 

We need to “print” something 

Show me a Gronk Tweet, TockTock post where he says he has an internet in playing for the Bills and I will STFU 

Until then, this has the merit of the Dunkirk Don thread. 

people mocked me for calling him a fraud until the truth came out

Edited by SlimShady'sSpaceForce

26 minutes ago, BuffaloBills1998 said:

This guy is done. He can’t last a full season. Also didn’t he say he wants to play for Cinci?? Hard pass on on Gronk. 

Gronk played 12 games last season for 802 yards and 6 TDs on a stacked offense.

Knox played 15 games last season for 587 yards and 9 TDs on a less-stacked offense.

I'll take both of them, thank you.

• Like (+1) 4
  • Agree 4
  • Thank you (+1) 1

4 hours ago, Rocky Landing said:

You can feel however you want about Gronkosky, and his behavior. 

But, you really can't blame people who are both fans of the game, and fans of the Bills for disliking a guy who took one of the cheapest, and dangerous after-the-whistle shots at a player as beloved as Tre White. Nonsense? If you're going to say that "It's laughable the lengths people go to be mad at Gronk," I might suggest that it's laughable the lengths you are going to excuse his behavior. "Heat of the moment mistake...???"  Watch the clip again. A "heat of the moment mistake" would imply that it wasn't an intentional attempt to cause injury to a player, with malice, who was face down on the ground, after the play.  Which it clearly was.

What is nonsense is your snarky, blithe insults of anyone who disagrees with your position, and your straw-man arguments about Cronk's abilities.. Literally no one is suggesting that Gronkowsky isn't a talented player, perhaps with plenty left in the tank. But, this wasn't the Jarvis Landry hit on Aaron Williams (which you weirdly dismissed as "legal" -- he was flagged and fined for that hit). It is completely understandable that Bills fans would not excuse that egregious, late hit. There are Bills fans on this site who simply believe that there are lines that can't be crossed, be they in the "heat of the moment," or not. And for many, Gronkowsy's assault on Tre White crossed that line. You don't believe that line exists? Fine. Others do.

"You can't blame them" is almost without exception a pre-cursor to justify some stupid decision that someone made.  :lol: 

I'm not immune to emotion wrt players.........I've openly expressed my "hate" for Matthew Judon on TSW.............IMO he's been the dirtiest player in the league since he was drafted and in Josh Allen's first game as a pro he cheap shotted him several times with plays that were much more likely to cause Allen to miss time with injury than the Gronkowski flop.      

But unlike some of our emo's on this board,  I know the value of not letting those emotions control me.    Judon gets no real estate in my mind,  even when he plays the Bills.   There is nothing to gain from that other than looking weak, stupid and victimized...........and if you let your feels beat you like that in business,  well then you are REALLY f*cked.

So, yeah,  you CAN blame people for the state they choose to put themselves in. 

The hate for Gronk is for a heat of the moment incident that is entirely inconsistent with his entire, distinguished HOF career.........and it's something that happened 4 and a half years ago and was addressed with both an apology and the loss of the player to the team for a game and the player losing a $300K game check.   What more do you want for something that resulted in no injury?

Being perpetually mad about something that happened to someone else and resulted in no harm is ridiculous to me...........but I get a lot of laughs out of ridiculous stuff like that.    People who can't keep their sh*t together can be very entertaining if nothing else. :lol:

• Agree 1
  • Dislike 1

2 minutes ago, BADOLBILZ said:

What more do you want for something that resulted in no injury?

You ask a simple, straightforward question so I’ll give you a simple straightforward answer; not on the team.

If the Bills decide to pursue, fair enough. If we win a Super Bowl, great. I’d love to win one before I die someday. But I’d also be fine if we passed. In fact more than fine. 

But you are obviously someone where the ends are always going to justify the means. And that’s fine. Difference of opinion. That’s how life goes round.

I just find it interesting that you continuously make every attempt to belittle everybody who has a different opinion or set of priorities than yours. They are stupid, lack self awareness, are emo, etc… just because they don’t agree with you. 

• Like (+1) 1

18 minutes ago, Gugny said:

Gronk played 12 games last season for 802 yards and 6 TDs on a stacked offense.

Knox played 15 games last season for 587 yards and 9 TDs on a less-stacked offense.

I'll take both of them, thank you.

God dammit I agree with you 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

14 minutes ago, BADOLBILZ said:

"You can't blame them" is almost without exception a pre-cursor to justify some stupid decision that someone made.  :lol: 

I'm not immune to emotion wrt players.........I've openly expressed my "hate" for Matthew Judon on TSW.............IMO he's been the dirtiest player in the league since he was drafted and in Josh Allen's first game as a pro he cheap shotted him several times with plays that were much more likely to cause Allen to miss time with injury than the Gronkowski flop.      

But unlike some of our emo's on this board,  I know the value of not letting those emotions control me.    Judon gets no real estate in my mind,  even when he plays the Bills.   There is nothing to gain from that other than looking weak, stupid and victimized...........and if you let your feels beat you like that in business,  well then you are REALLY f*cked.

So, yeah,  you CAN blame people for the state they choose to put themselves in. 

The hate for Gronk is for a heat of the moment incident that is entirely inconsistent with his entire, distinguished HOF career.........and it's something that happened 4 and a half years ago and was addressed with both an apology and the loss of the player to the team for a game and the player losing a $300K game check.   What more do you want for something that resulted in no injury?

Being perpetually mad about something that happened to someone else and resulted in no harm is ridiculous to me...........but I get a lot of laughs out of ridiculous stuff like that.    People who can't keep their sh*t together can be very entertaining if nothing else. :lol:

You can't blame me if I think that's a really dumb statement.

The rest of your post is none too surprising. You've been gaslighting your way through this entire thread.

• Agree 1

8 minutes ago, Bongo said:

You ask a simple, straightforward question so I’ll give you a simple straightforward answer; not on the team.

If the Bills decide to pursue, fair enough. If we win a Super Bowl, great. I’d love to win one before I die someday. But I’d also be fine if we passed. In fact more than fine. 

But you are obviously someone where the ends are always going to justify the means. And that’s fine. Difference of opinion. That’s how life goes round.

I just find it interesting that you continuously make every attempt to belittle everybody who has a different opinion or set of priorities than yours. They are stupid, lack self awareness, are emo, etc… just because they don’t agree with you. 

Well those weren't the terms of his suspension Bongo........you can't re-litigate it now.........there was nothing about prohibiting him from ever playing for his hometown team and Beane already attempted to sign him last winter..........so they already went to your "fair enough" point last offseason.

People are free to be all up in their feels about it.........didn't say they weren't..........there is just nothing to gain whatsoever from holding onto it............but like I said,  it's been amusing.  :lol:

• Dislike 1

38 minutes ago, BADOLBILZ said:

Well those weren't the terms of his suspension Bongo........you can't re-litigate it now.........there was nothing about prohibiting him from ever playing for his hometown team and Beane already attempted to sign him last winter..........so they already went to your "fair enough" point last offseason.

People are free to be all up in their feels about it.........didn't say they weren't..........there is just nothing to gain whatsoever from holding onto it............but like I said,  it's been amusing.  :lol:

But what you are failing to understand is that my desire, or lack thereof, has nothing to do with his suspension or his treatment by the NFL. It has to do with my own personal thoughts and opinions of him. I could care less what judgement from the NFL is.

You are approaching this as “he’s done his time”. I’m approaching this as “he’s shown his character”. Fine. Again, you have your opinion and I have mine. Maybe you are right. Maybe I am. But that doesn’t mean I have tell you you are shallow or arrogant just because you have a different opinion. But you sure seem to feel the need to insult everybody who disagrees with you. 

😉😁👍🙂 (apparently obligatory use of emojis to degrade you because you have a different opinion) 

I’m now going to one up you with “nana nana boo boo” 

• Thank you (+1) 1

16 minutes ago, Bongo said:

But what you are failing to understand is that my desire, or lack thereof, has nothing to do with his suspension or his treatment by the NFL. It has to do with my own personal thoughts and opinions of him. I could care less what judgement from the NFL is.

You are approaching this as “he’s done his time”. I’m approaching this as “he’s shown his character”. Fine. Again, you have your opinion and I have mine. Maybe you are right. Maybe I am. But that doesn’t mean I have tell you you are shallow or arrogant just because you have a different opinion. But you sure seem to feel the need to insult everybody who disagrees with you. 

😉😁👍🙂 (apparently obligatory use of emojis to degrade you because you have a different opinion) 

I’m now going to one up you with “nana nana boo boo” 

not singling you out but for the anti gronk crowd… 

will you be judging beane for the move?

mad at tre if he’s buried the hatchet fully?

dusappointed in josh if he does 9 touchdown celebrations with him?

turn your back to his super bowl float?

or is it more of an “I don’t actually care but want to be as purebred Buffalo as possible” in the off-season?

• Thank you (+1) 1

6 hours ago, Rocky Landing said:

You can feel however you want about Gronkosky, and his behavior. 

But, you really can't blame people who are both fans of the game, and fans of the Bills for disliking a guy who took one of the cheapest, and dangerous after-the-whistle shots at a player as beloved as Tre White. Nonsense? If you're going to say that "It's laughable the lengths people go to be mad at Gronk," I might suggest that it's laughable the lengths you are going to excuse his behavior. "Heat of the moment mistake...???"  Watch the clip again. A "heat of the moment mistake" would imply that it wasn't an intentional attempt to cause injury to a player, with malice, who was face down on the ground, after the play.  Which it clearly was.

What is nonsense is your snarky, blithe insults of anyone who disagrees with your position, and your straw-man arguments about Cronk's abilities.. Literally no one is suggesting that Gronkowsky isn't a talented player, perhaps with plenty left in the tank. But, this wasn't the Jarvis Landry hit on Aaron Williams (which you weirdly dismissed as "legal" -- he was flagged and fined for that hit). It is completely understandable that Bills fans would not excuse that egregious, late hit. There are Bills fans on this site who simply believe that there are lines that can't be crossed, be they in the "heat of the moment," or not. And for many, Gronkowsy's assault on Tre White crossed that line. You don't believe that line exists? Fine. Others do.

I put that guy on ignore. He feels entitled to act all snooty and think he is the smartest guy in the room. smirking down his nose at people. Let him think it in a vacuum. He doesnt want a discussion don't give him one. 

Edited by muppy
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

5 minutes ago, NoSaint said:

or is it more of an “I don’t actually care but want to be as purebred Buffalo as possible” in the off-season?

😂😂who gaf why someone doesn’t like player x, do we all have to be in agreement on every single guy or something?

• Agree 1

11 minutes ago, 716to540 said:

Not a fan of Gronkowski at all. I personally can not get beyond the blatant cheap shot on White.

I’m trying to unpack the psychology of what it means if tre can, but you can’t

16 minutes ago, GoBills808 said:

😂😂who gaf why someone doesn’t like player x, do we all have to be in agreement on every single guy or something?

We don’t but we have a few folks that are pretending it’d be more than just disagreeing on a target but actually upsetting 

1 hour ago, NoSaint said:

Fair questions. I won’t pretend to speak for others but I’ll answer for myself.

Judging Beane - a little to be honest. I think Beane has done a great job and has earned a ton of “benefit of the doubt” with me but I would not love the move.

Mad at Tre - no. That is completely up to Tre. Not my place to think for him. 

Disappointed in Josh - no, same reason as Tre. That said, I would not be likely to high five Gronk myself (although I freely admit that is virtually impossible to ever realistically happen).

Turn my back on the float - not in a million years because that is a team float, not Gronk’s float. I may not agree with bringing him on board but I’m a Bills fan first, thru and thru.

I care. I wouldn’t spend this much time posting on the topic when i hardly ever post if I didn’t. That said, I recognize that others may have different views and I’m a Bills fan first and foremost. Go Bills!

• Agree 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

Just now, GoBills808 said:

Why should he?

Why?

In what world is it healthy or a good character trait to not be able to forgive someone for such a minor transgression in the big picture 5 years later?     Is this real life or a bunch of online Tony Soprano wanna-be's?  

Virtue signaling on Gronk while embracing your own inner azzhol is apparently OK because HE did it first. :rolleyes:

• Eyeroll 1
  • Dislike 1

3 minutes ago, BADOLBILZ said:

Why?

In what world is it healthy or a good character trait to not be able to forgive someone for such a minor transgression in the big picture 5 years later?     Is this real life or a bunch of online Tony Soprano wanna-be's?  

Virtue signaling on Gronk while embracing your own inner azzhol is apparently OK because HE did it first. :rolleyes:

The only virtue signaling I see here is from the moral arbiters who cannot seem to grasp that there can exist multiple points of view on the same football player.

• Agree 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.