Bills interested in signing Rob Gronkowski, per Tim Graham

HappyDays

The Buffalo Bills wanted to bring Rob Gronkowski back home a year ago, and there was nothing about his 2021 season that has diverted their interest.

Word here at the NFL Scouting Combine is that if Gronkowski wants to keep playing, the Bills still are open to adding the Amherst, N.Y., native to their offense.

The Bills spoke with the surefire first-ballot Pro Football Hall of Famer last spring but discovered he wanted to keep playing with Tom Brady, who retired last month. Gronkowski re-signed with the Tampa Bay Buccaneers for one year at $8 million.

There is hope at One Bills Drive that Gronkowski would be willing to finish his career in Western New York.

Edited by HappyDays
  • Like (+1) 9
  • Vomit 16
  • Eyeroll 1
  • Sad 2
  • Haha (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 5
  • Dislike 6

It wouldn't be a bad signing, especially knowing he'd be primarily a backup. It would also mean we could actually run some 12 Personnel formations as well. Draft Charlie Kolar in the 4th and our TE room would be set. 

• Like (+1) 3
  • Haha (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, H2o said:

It wouldn't be a bad signing, especially knowing he'd be primarily a backup. It would also mean we could actually run some 12 Personnel formations as well. Draft Charlie Kolar in the 4th and our TE room would be set. 

So the guy who put up 806 receiving yards in 12 games last year (at 15 YPC) is going to back up Dawson Knox?  Don't think so...  

• Like (+1) 9
  • Agree 2
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

Can we pelt him with bildoes at training camp and during games? 

• Like (+1) 5
  • Haha (+1) 10
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

Extremely conflicted. On one hand, he's still got a ton left in the tank. On the other, the whole Tre White incident leaves a bad taste in my mouth. 

If the team leaders sign off on it, including Tre, then go for it. Otherwise I am not a huge fan. 

• Like (+1) 6
  • Agree 11
  • Thank you (+1) 3

14 minutes ago, mannc said:

So the guy who put up 806 receiving yards in 12 games last year (at 15 YPC) is going to back up Dawson Knox?  Don't think so...  

This is the type of deal I’d make in Madden. 2 years. Relatively cheap. Then that keeps Knox’s production low, which makes his long term extension SUPER cheap.

Trade Gronk in year two.

Beane is a wizard!

7 minutes ago, mannc said:

Given Gronk's age and injury history, he may get fewer snaps.  Need to keep him healthy for the SB run. 

Think of the matchup problems for defenses having both of them on the filed, along with Diggs, Davis and our third WR (TBD - Beasley, McKenzie, Sanders, Kirk, etc.).  I believe this would be a great signing.

The team and Tre will be able to get past what happened several years ago.  It was a bonehead cheap shot play in the heat of battle.  If Gronk can help the team achieve its Super Bowl goals, everyone will be able to move beyond what happened.  Guys in pro sports change teams all the time and it isn't uncommon for guys that had a previous incident to become teammates.  Hockey guys have fights, slashing, etc. and later become teammates.  Pitchers throw at a batter and become teammates down the road.  It's part of professional team sports.

• Like (+1) 3
  • Agree 4

5 minutes ago, HOUSE said:

image.png.08e63a30fff0beac01ce667d4f437553.png

Not a single Bill did anything about it afterwards.  I'm not saying get a personal foul but nothing was done.  No jawing with Gronk, no in his face, no pushing him.  It was pathetic.  I was mad at Gronk don't get me wrong.  I believe White got a concussion.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.