Bills interested in signing Rob Gronkowski, per Tim Graham

HappyDays

7 minutes ago, Rocky Landing said:

In my admittedly homerist opinion, it isn't just the talent, and coaching that has made the Bills a great team that is a favorite for the SB next season-- it's the culture that Beane, and McD have created. Character, and culture matter, especially for this Bills team. It's the way it's been built. I believe this, and I'm not sure that Gronkowsky fits the Bills' culture.

Yeah, why add a future HOF TE with alot left in the tank? The guy has won everywhere he has gone in the NFL. This would be a huge get for the Bills - championship pedigree would fit in very well with this team.

• Like (+1) 2

https://www.nfl.com/_amp/rob-gronkowski-likes-the-idea-of-playing-with-bengals-qb-joe-burrow

“I kinda like this young buck quarterback. He’s in the Super Bowl now: It’s Joe Burrow, man,” Gronkowski said Tuesday, according to MassLive.com. “I watched him in college. I just love the way he presents himself out on the football field. In the pocket he’s just so calm and he just slings it out on the field.

He named 2 other young QB’s in other interviews 

none was Josh

People need to get over the tre white thing. Seriously, it was forever ago. Yes it was class less, but he apologized, get over it people. It's football. If we have a chance to add a hall of fame tight end and better our chances for a superbowl, I'm 110% behind it. The bills have neglected the tight end position for far too long (mainly speaking of the pre McBean era) 

• Like (+1) 2
  • Disagree 2

38 minutes ago, gobills404 said:

Everyone saying they hate him will do complete 180 if we sign him

Not so much, if it happens he will be the second Bills player I do not cheer for, much like the douche who broke his teammates leg…,

• Like (+1) 2

5 minutes ago, SlimShady'sSpaceForce said:

https://www.nfl.com/_amp/rob-gronkowski-likes-the-idea-of-playing-with-bengals-qb-joe-burrow

“I kinda like this young buck quarterback. He’s in the Super Bowl now: It’s Joe Burrow, man,” Gronkowski said Tuesday, according to MassLive.com. “I watched him in college. I just love the way he presents himself out on the football field. In the pocket he’s just so calm and he just slings it out on the field.

He named 2 other young QB’s in other interviews 

none was Josh

He's......not........how do we sayyyyyy......bright.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

3 minutes ago, QB Bills said:

I remember a video from a few years back where he grabbed a bills hat from someone and threw it on the ground. Honestly, eff that guy. The Bills don't need him. Get a good yac capable receiver and the pass catchers are set. 

Now imagine him doing that to a Patriots hat? I can hear them already. It's a glorious thought.

Why does anyone take the Tre White incident personally?!?! I've watched the video clip again and I still feel no pain from it. None. 

It's not like he slept with Tre's wife or anything. Sorry Jordan.

I say sign him up.

• Disagree 1

1 hour ago, mannc said:

So the guy who put up 806 receiving yards in 12 games last year (at 15 YPC) is going to back up Dawson Knox?  Don't think so...  

If we sign him, having Gronk available for the playoffs should be our priority.  Knox should out snap Gronk on a per game basis imo.  One goal.  A healthy Gronk would go a long way towards achieving that goal. 

Not to mention Allen and Knoxs chemistry.  They’ve come a long way and Knox was a beast last season.  He should get the majority of the 1TE snaps.  The reason I want Gronk is so we can run more 2TE sets with the ability to run or pass.  I’ve wanted to see how Josh can manipulate the pass rush when he has TEs chipping and releasing.  Spencer Brown needs help.  He sucked in pass pro last year.  Watch brown on the famous josh allen scramble on 4th and 4 vs the chiefs.  Embarrassing.

once we started using some 2TE sets last year our offense started to put the opposition on their heels and our run game got going.  Sure, allen spearheaded the run game and I’d like to see less designed runs, but Motor had his best stretch as a pro as well. 

I’m a big believer in being multiple on O.  Adding a champion TE that is a great red zone threat that is a beast blocker is exactly what this team needs as a compliment to knox

• Like (+1) 1

32 minutes ago, Alphadawg7 said:

Yes.  But depends on price, we got a lot of other holes and TE isn't one of them.

It’s a huge hole if we want to become more multiple and not use Doyle as their TE2.  We need a TE2 that can block and be a threat as a pass catcher.  Sweeney isn’t that guy.  

i agree that I don’t want to pay a bunch for him.  Maybe even tell him that we’ll play him sparingly in the regular season and save his body for the playoffs. 

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.