Bills interested in signing Rob Gronkowski, per Tim Graham

HappyDays

Timmy needs to do research 

Neanderthal Gronk said 

grunt I ain’t interested in Buffalo 

cave man no forget 

I can’t find the direct quote but 

https://www.nfl.com/_amp/rob-gronkowski-hasn-t-forgotten-bills-passed-on-him-0ap3000000898368

Edited by SlimShady'sSpaceForce
  • Vomit 1

36 minutes ago, BillsEnthusiast said:

Extremely conflicted. On one hand, he's still got a ton left in the tank. On the other, the whole Tre White incident leaves a bad taste in my mouth. 

If the team leaders sign off on it, including Tre, then go for it. Otherwise I am not a huge fan. 

Based on how Beane and McDermott operate, I’d be shocked if they didn’t have this conversation with Tre already. 

I really don’t think he risks upsetting upsetting his and the locker room by dealing with Gronk’s reps, if he didn’t already have the ok 

• Agree 2

50 minutes ago, BruceSlayne said:

Ask Tre how he feels about it

Tim Graham says in the article that Gronk apologized to Tre at some point and Tre accepted the apology. As much as some of us still hold a grudge against him for that brutal unprovoked hit, the team and Tre in particular apparently do not. That's good enough for me.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 3
  • Thank you (+1) 4

11 minutes ago, TheyCallMeAndy said:

If Tre is cool, I’m cool.

Gronk homecoming would be cool, he’d help out Allen too. 

The guy who 100% needs to play for Buffalo before they retire is Mack.

He did publicly apologize, and we don't know if he did so personally as well, so I'm 100% with you that if Tre's over it, then so am I

In my admittedly homerist opinion, it isn't just the talent, and coaching that has made the Bills a great team that is a favorite for the SB next season-- it's the culture that Beane, and McD have created. Character, and culture matter, especially for this Bills team. It's the way it's been built. I believe this, and I'm not sure that Gronkowsky fits the Bills' culture.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 2
  • Haha (+1) 2

I don’t see much of a downside if they could get him for right price. Yeah, he’s a big dummy but he is all business when it’s time to play. I also remember him talking fondly about Bills growing up and pretending he was Eric Moulds growing up. We are the ones that passed on him and should have drafted him in the second round that year. 

• Like (+1) 3

32 minutes ago, gobills404 said:

Everyone saying they hate him will do complete 180 if we sign him

I will say I’ve been wanting a second good TE foe awhile now… But I think I’d rather do it without him at this point. Can’t we get a young TE?

Kudos to Beane looking for a Buffalo connection discount though I don’t think Gronk plays at a discount so I really don’t want him…..

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.