Flores gets hired, Steelers LB coach

Process

That seals the deal. I am no longer a Steelers fan. I’ve been a fan since 1971 and a season ticket holder since 1979. I officially will not be renewing my seat next season nor will I watch them on TV ever again. I’m moving my family to Detroit where they know how to run a football team.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Shocked 2
  • Agree 1
  • Haha (+1) 6

20 minutes ago, gobills404 said:

That seals the deal. I am no longer a Steelers fan. I’ve been a fan since 1971 and a season ticket holder since 1979. I officially will not be renewing my seat next season nor will I watch them on TV ever again. I’m moving my family to Detroit where they know how to run a football team.

They don't need fair weather fans. Good riddance!

• Eyeroll 1
  • Haha (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1

I love it. The narrative that he put himself out of the league is dead now. 

20 minutes ago, JayBaller10 said:

I wouldn’t have wanted him on the Bills after he exposed private conversations and demeaned the hiring of Lovie Smith.

exposed private conversations of wanting him to tank?  Or was there more to it? 

• Like (+1) 1

42 minutes ago, JayBaller10 said:

I wouldn’t have wanted him on the Bills after he exposed private conversations and demeaned the hiring of Lovie Smith.

Generally, people who want to bribe somebody else to do something illegal do so privately, including people who plan robberies, murders, terrorist acts etc.   I guess you're good with that.

• Dislike 1

So much for all that “ his career is over” crap, good on him

58 minutes ago, Rico said:

Gotta wonder what the league office promised the Steelers to make this hire.

Comp picks for the pats…

• Awesome! (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

1 hour ago, SoTier said:

Generally, people who want to bribe somebody else to do something illegal do so privately, including people who plan robberies, murders, terrorist acts etc.   I guess you're good with that.

Nice of you to go out of your way to equate bribery to murders, robbery, and terrorist attacks. I guess you’re okay with that. You’re also probably okay with someone sharing your private texts with the public, even if it makes you look bad or foolish.

Once someone shows they’re not afraid to put private talks out in public, it doesn’t matter what conversations you share with that individual - positive or negative - everything is fair game and you have to watch what you say. Flores showed his true character with the “but they didn’t hire me!” remark he made about Lovie.

Edited by JayBaller10

23 minutes ago, The Wiz said:

Is by some chance, Steve belichick ever becomes their HC is give them 3 1st round comp picks. 

But only if he gets a haircut. 

And keeps his tongue in his mouth…, 

• Haha (+1) 2

2 hours ago, hondo in seattle said:

Yeah.  A lot of people said he'd never work again in the NFL, just like Kaepernick.    I confess, the thought crossed my mind too.

I'm glad the NFL - at least the Steelers - is more enlightened than we thought.  

Although to be fair - there's a huge difference between hiring a linebacker coach, and hiring a head coach

• Like (+1) 1

19 minutes ago, HamSandwhich said:

Honestly happy I wasted my free read of buffalo news on that. 

Was perfect for a good laugh and why I don't read it in the first place. 

• Like (+1) 1

2 hours ago, hondo in seattle said:

Yeah.  A lot of people said he'd never work again in the NFL, just like Kaepernick.    I confess, the thought crossed my mind too.

I'm glad the NFL - at least the Steelers - is more enlightened than we thought.  

I think people need to understand that there is a difference between the cadre of NFL owners and the brotherhood of coaches.  Coaches weren’t going to blackball Flores because they know there is truth to what he’s saying.  Tomlin has autonomy and can hire whatever assistants he wants.

Said another way:  Flores’ problem is going to be whether he is ever hired as a HC again…not whether he coaches.

• Like (+1) 3

3 hours ago, atlbillsfan1975 said:

I am not sure why, but this makes a ton of sense. Maybe the most stable franchise in the NFL from a coaching perspective, 3 HC in like 50 years. 

53 to be exact, which has to be a record in any sport, including NCAA. AND!!!!! 9 starting quarterbacks in 53 years!! They didn't always finish the season, due to injury performance, etc.. 12 others were involved as well I believe. 

For the record the Bills have had 17 starters with 30 others involved in the same 53 years.

Can't stand the Steelers, but they seem to be in or around the playoffs every year.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.