Bills in Germany next season?

YoloinOhio

Wouldn't mind having the Pats and Chiefs having a "HOME GAME" over there against the Bills. Its an advantage for the Bills instead of playing road games at Gillette and Arrowhead. NE would especially be at a disadvantage playing at Buffalo but losing a real home game to them. I am sure Bill will love that.

• Like (+1) 1

If so I'm in! Was stationed in Germany with the USAF in the 80's and lived there for 7 years. 

Would love to experience our team live in Germany. Mom used to send me VHS tapes of Bills games or we would watch them in our day room  (or any NFL game on AFN ) late at night or early in the morning Germany time ❤

• Like (+1) 12
  • Thank you (+1) 1

My girlfriend's family lives in Germany, I was actually in Munich and met some people who worked for the NFL in the elevator at the hotel I was staying at. I truly hope the Bills play there because if you mix Bills Mafia with German Soccer fans, we'll instantly have the best NFL fanbase outside of North America. And I would have to have my whole family fly out to Germany for the first time. If this happens, and anyone actually wants to go, hit me up!

• Like (+1) 7
  • Thank you (+1) 2

4 minutes ago, Warcodered said:

Bills and KC might make a lot of sense from the NFL's perspective. If you're wanting to spread your market in Germany what better way than a possible repeat of one of the best games in Playoff history.

There have been games in London for years, they are usually garbage teams and matchups. 

There is no way they are putting the most anticipated game of the entire NFL season at 9am eastern. 

• Agree 3

36 minutes ago, Mattymafia said:

My girlfriend's family lives in Germany, I was actually in Munich and met some people who worked for the NFL in the elevator at the hotel I was staying at. I truly hope the Bills play there because if you mix Bills Mafia with German Soccer fans, we'll instantly have the best NFL fanbase outside of North America. And I would have to have my whole family fly out to Germany for the first time. If this happens, and anyone actually wants to go, hit me up!

We went to the Bills/Redskins Super Bowl in Minneapolis.  Leaving the hotel we accidentally got on the wrong bus. It was full of guys from Germany. They all had backpacks full of beer for the ride to the stadium, and they were VERY generous! (They also had no respect for our watery Budweiser.) 

I may have enjoyed that rowdy bus ride more than the game, for a variety of reasons! 

Edited by Augie
  • Like (+1) 5
  • Haha (+1) 1

45 minutes ago, Greg S said:

Wouldn't mind having the Pats and Chiefs having a "HOME GAME" over there against the Bills. Its an advantage for the Bills instead of playing road games at Gillette and Arrowhead. NE would especially be at a disadvantage playing at Buffalo but losing a real home game to them. I am sure Bill will love that.

There is zero chance they would make a division game be played overseas. Way too much importance placed on division games and it wouldn’t be fair to the team giving up their “home” game. I would also guess there has never been a divisional game played out of country over the years for this very reason. So we won’t be playing the Pats in Germany. 

9 minutes ago, coloradobillsfan said:

why do we keep trying to cram NFL football down European throats?  THEY DON'T CARE

From a site in Ireland:

https://www.irishnflshow.com/post/why-a-potential-nfl-game-in-germany-is-superb-news-for-nfl-fans-in-europe

Edited by Mr Info

This is a very cool reason for a Euro road trip, as if more was needed—but they will have to get on the same page with respect to Covid/travel  restrictions, so not sure how the logistics will work in the short term? 

I was over there last for the 2006 World Cup, was an absolute blast. 

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, NoHuddleKelly12 said:

This is a very cool reason for a Euro road trip, as if more was needed—but they will have to get on the same page with respect to Covid/travel  restrictions, so not sure how the logistics will work in the short term? 

I was over there last for the 2006 World Cup, was an absolute blast. 

We just got our refund for a trip to Italy and Croatia beginning in April that included a Windstar cruise. If you tested positive you would have to quarantine in a cruise cabin. If they think WE would pay THEM for that potential experience, they need to think again. The real question is how much THEY would have to pay US to take that risk.

Looking for a nice domestic option. 

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Albany,n.y. said:

I seriously doubt that KC or NE is going to ship one of the top games on their schedule to Germany.  KC fans would go nuts if they took the Bills/Chiefs rematch out of KC.  

Do they have a choice? Honest question. Because if the league wants to market the nfl in a new country they want to use stars. 

Just now, LABILLBACKER said:

Outside of the US, it's soccer only. This ridiculous marketing idea of the NFL expanding their footprint is a joke. Maybe Edmunds can play midfield?

And how often do you speak to people outside the US to come up with this opinion? 

Nobody is saying football is gonna challenge soccer in Europe. But football has a very solid European fanbase. The games would sell out ten times over. 

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Warcodered said:

Bills and KC might make a lot of sense from the NFL's perspective. If you're wanting to spread your market in Germany what better way than a possible repeat of one of the best games in Playoff history.

Nah....Panthers Jets would suffice for the Germans..

1 hour ago, Rocky Landing said:

Tell that to @GunnerBill!

Brits bailed on the EU.   Empire Strikes Back!

I went to Europe in 2014; wore my Bills hat and talked football with anyone who asked.  The conversations primarily gravitated in 2 general directions:  
1) How can we call it "Football" when it's not really about using our feet 
2) It's too much like Rugby, which they already have, so why bother 

I was there several weeks before the World Cup, and there were already parties til all hours spilling into the streets.  Trying to talk these folks into NFL football would be about as easy as, well, talking an American into liking pro soccer.  There will be exceptions for sure, but on the whole it's never going to stick.  My .02 anyway.  

All anyone who questions the legitimacy of the NFL's expansion into Europe needs to do is turn on any game that has taken place in London in the last few years.

The stands are always full and the crowd always interested, even though the games that get sent there have, without exception, been completely awful.

Not only that, but you'll see a huge variety of different team jerseys in the stands. It feels like I've seen almost every team's jersey represented in the stands in the NFL's UK showcase games.

Personally, my favorite part of those games is how much more audibly appreciative the crowd is of a successful field goal than U.S. crowds. I guess they just appreciate a high quality kick more than us yanks 😆

But anyway, the "what's the point? It'll never take off" crowd is way off base here.

Edited by Logic
  • Like (+1) 2

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.