Bills in Germany next season?

YoloinOhio

5 minutes ago, SirAndrew said:

You make valid points. There’s no way to prove these games hurt player health. I can’t make an argument on that either way. I just believe that travel must have a huge impact on teams. You’re correct in saying that league scheduling has never been equal, but asking a select group of teams to travel overseas seems like a disadvantage. I’m viewing this from a personal prospective. Travel can be tough on the body, especially when it involves major time zone changes. I’d assume there’s some recovery time involved that could impact the next game.

The NFL is unique in its short season, making rest, recovery, and staying on schedule more important. I wouldn’t make this argument for other major sports. Don’t be mistaken, I’m not even advocating for an end to these games, I’m just questioning where they’re going with this. The idea of an NFL team in Europe is a bit ambitious, if the league claims players matter. There are valid player related reasons not to put a team overseas. 

I agree there are logistical challenges to a team based permanently overseas (whether that is London, or Germany or wherever). The jet lag should most have the effect on the trip to London (worse going west to east) which might give a London "home" team an advantage. I am of the view a London team doesn't happen until further expansion happens and I share a lot of your concerns about expansion and the risk of watering down the product. 

EDIT: part of the answer is for the new market to produce more players. And while there is an uptick both in British athletes in the league and getting into US colleges on football scholarships it hasn't reached anything like the critical mass required yet.

Edited by GunnerBill
  • Like (+1) 1

2 hours ago, SirAndrew said:

You make valid points. There’s no way to prove these games hurt player health. I can’t make an argument on that either way. I just believe that travel must have a huge impact on teams. You’re correct in saying that league scheduling has never been equal, but asking a select group of teams to travel overseas seems like a disadvantage. I’m viewing this from a personal prospective. Travel can be tough on the body, especially when it involves major time zone changes. I’d assume there’s some recovery time involved that could impact the next game.

Teams should be scheduled overseas when there are mini bye weeks.   

I hope NFL considers adding additional bye week so all teams have one bye week in first half of year and one bye week in 2nd half of year.

• Agree 1

13 minutes ago, bills6969 said:

A game in Germany would be awesome.  Much better than the London games.  I’ve been to a German Bundesliga soccer game once and the atmosphere is electric….I feel like the Germans would get much more into it than the Brits.

The Brits get into it plenty thank you very much. 

On 2/9/2022 at 4:39 PM, coloradobillsfan said:

why do we keep trying to cram NFL football down European throats?  THEY DON'T CARE

I mean, there's that Italian Bills fan that frequents the boards who definitely cares!

Might not speak the best English, but you can make out enough to know he loves the Bills & the NFL lol

Edited by BigDingus

13 minutes ago, BigDingus said:

I mean, there's that Italian Bills fan that frequents the boards who definitely cares!

Might not speak the best English, but you can make out enough to know he loves the Bills & the NFL lol

I'm talking about playing regular season games in Europe, not against Europeans being Bills fans

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.